Live from the Fascination!

kimnicki

GREAT review!! Thanks for taking the time to post it!!

Just an additional note on the day pass at the Hilton. If you purchase it online ahead of time, you can save yourself $5./pp. They only require a $12./pp deposit, balance payable when you check in. resortforaday dot com

I can't thank you enough for your awesome review and tips. You saved me so much time and worry. My DD and i were the last ones on the beach in HMC knowing we could make that 3pm tender with no issues. As people started clearing out of the water at 2pm in a mass exodus, I assured her that Jamman54 said have no worries, take the last one with the staff. Sure enough, we left the Villa at 2:50, and walked right on, no wait no crowd!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How many hot tubs are there on board? Are the burgers made to order, or pre made? How many pools are there on board?

Thank you so much for doing this and answering our questions :)

There are two hot tubs on the Serenity Deck and two hot tubs by the pool. There is only 1 pool on board. Burgers are premade in the buffet, but constantly fresh, they cook them in a broiler right there I believe.

Off the top of my head I think it was a $14.00 platter, but big! I couldn't even finish the burger. The Bahama Mama's were one of the cheaper drinks at $9 but there were some at $14 as well. We made out because of the buy 2 get one free special. My DD had the Nacho platter and the salsa was delish. They combine the $40 pp food/drink credit, so if you are going with a group or family, the credit is all lumped together to make it easier.

Here is how my bill played out~ We had an $80 credit

Buy 2 get 1 $18

Buy 2 get 1 $18

Buy 2 get 1 $18

Burger $14

Nachos $14

So 9 drinks and two food platters took us to $82 and the waiter just told us not to worry about the $2 over.

I can't thank you enough for your awesome review and tips. You saved me so much time and worry. My DD and i were the last ones on the beach in HMC knowing we could make that 3pm tender with no issues. As people started clearing out of the water at 2pm in a mass exodus, I assured her that Jamman54 said have no worries, take the last one with the staff. Sure enough, we left the Villa at 2:50, and walked right on, no wait no crowd!!

You're quite welcome!!

But the million dollar question is.... who got the extra Bahama Mama? :D

You're quite welcome!!

But the million dollar question is.... who got the extra Bahama Mama? :D

Why THIS mama did, of course! ;)

Thanks so much for the review! I have been following from the beginning, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for taking time out of your vacation to write this for us, it was greatly appreciated. It seems like you had a great time! :D

Thank you! We had a wonderful time :)

I haven't been on Carnival in over a year so just wondering what the bathroom products are like now. Is there still shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion provided? Of course, you were in a suite so things might be different in our OV cabin. I know I have to bring my hair dryer. Any info would appreciated.

I haven't been on Carnival in over a year so just wondering what the bathroom products are like now. Is there still shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion provided? Of course, you were in a suite so things might be different in our OV cabin. I know I have to bring my hair dryer. Any info would appreciated.

They had the usual small wrapped hand soap as well as a dispenser in the shower with shampoo and body soap. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom, but it has practically zero power. I would definitely pack your own bath products and a dryer. Also, bring a power strip. I forgot this time and what a pain. There is only one outlet in the room. So only one phone could charge at a time and one blow dryer at a time made everything so much longer! Bringing a clock is great too for those times you wake up and just want to glance at the time. Just some little tips that make a big difference!

They had the usual small wrapped hand soap as well as a dispenser in the shower with shampoo and body soap. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom, but it has practically zero power. I would definitely pack your own bath products and a dryer. Also, bring a power strip. I forgot this time and what a pain. There is only one outlet in the room. So only one phone could charge at a time and one blow dryer at a time made everything so much longer! Bringing a clock is great too for those times you wake up and just want to glance at the time. Just some little tips that make a big difference!

Thanks for the prompt reply! DH sleeps with a CPAP machine so we have to have an extension cord. We make it a power strip to add the extra outlets. I'll bring our bath products. Thanks again for all your work and time put into this review. It has provided lots of information and excitement for many of us boarding the Fascination soon (like 18 days soon:eek::D:eek::D)

Edited by Grandmaanne7

Hey all! My first cruise was on the Fascination! Long story short, I have the official "model ship" from all other ships I've been on except it. Would anyone be willing to buy and ship one to me? I'll cover the cost of both plus maybe a little extra for your trouble! Thank you so much!!!

Hoping your cruise was prior to the 2010 dry dock with Waterworks and the Balconies added. When I was on Fascination last in September, the models were still as she was upon launch. The models were all the same for Fantasy Class with the exception of the name on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely! I will try and upload them tonight and get them posted tomorrow for you.

Can you post the pics of the menu's on here? Can't find any elsewhere

Edited by ryanq

Of course! I'm with my DD 20 and she has the $18 plan which covers 5 days and let's her SnapChat, instagram and tweet. I took the value plan for $40 for the week and can access all social media and my email and blogs. I'm shocked how well it works. You put your device on airplane and connect to the wifi. That's it. I have full service all over the ship, including the stateroom.

image_zps5xt0zuds.jpg

Is this per device or for all devices in the cabin? $60 for the cruise seems like a good deal if it's for all? Thanks and keep the updates coming. We are leaving on the next cruise after you on 6/11.

Drew

If you have copies of the fun times from your cruise can you please post them. I am working on planning a Relay for Life Cruise on the Fascination and need to plan some special events, having a copy of the daily schedule would be a big help. Thank you.

image_zpstciqsv33.jpg

image_zpslqpepbeo.jpg

Just an additional note on the day pass at the Hilton. If you purchase it online ahead of time, you can save yourself $5./pp. They only require a $12./pp deposit, balance payable when you check in. resortforaday dot com

This looks beautiful!! I'm not a fan of Atlantis.

Good to know about the hair dryers. It has been so long since I have had to take a hair dryer anywhere that it might be something that I forget. That would be bad!!

Thank so much for the review. We are going Oct 5th. They are not stopping in HMC. I'm wondering if there are times of the year where they don't stop there? Ours is 5 day but no HMC. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I was thoroughly enjoying the review, and then wham you all disappeared-still waiting for the fun times to show up, which is what got me to read the review. This will be my 5th time on the Fascination, 4th for DH, hoping it is as wonderful as I remember, HMC is the most wonderful place. !!

Wonderful review...and just love the Fantasy class trips that are good...they are best at 4 or more days I think ..and just..well lots of easy to please fun and so happy with what they DO have..that serenity deck aft and the Chef's table and more affordable ship tour..(doing both first time next time) and seemingly often better service because less people and overwhelm for staff..thanks for your fun review...Sarah