Cruise Critic Community
Lisah101

Photo Review April/May 2015: Disney, Eclipse TA, London

I wondered about the cheese, but assumed that it was packaged and must be OK. When you showed the photo of the pizza box, I thought Uh Oh...hope they are going to eat that before heading back to the ship. :D Glad you found someone to give it to.

Beautiful photos of the French countryside.:) We will go to LaHarve on a cruise to the British Isles in a year. We were planning on going to Normandy until I saw your photos of offerings closer to the ship. Hopefully we can find a private tour that goes to both Normandy and gives a tour around the countryside.;)

We were back onboard at 5:30 pm and went to the cafe for a hot cup of tea. I took some photos of the Cafe since we spent so much time there but I was focused mostly on the food!

IMG_3768.jpg

One whole section of the buffet was just whole fruit - wondered if it was because it was the end of the cruise.

IMG_3907.jpg

They periodically did several ice sculptures - but I only managed one photo on this day.

IMG_3908.jpg

I saw them carrying a Croquembouche through the cafe and followed them so I could get a photo!

IMG_3909.jpg

Despite all the sweets, I opted for a final bowl of sorbet - raspberry tonight.

IMG_3910.jpg

Southampton - Time to leave

I had hired a car service to take us directly to the hotel. We shared this with another couple and it was wonderful! The drive loaded all our bags, helped us in the van and off we went.

We did make one rest stop on the way and we found Coke Life everywhere in London!

IMG_3916.jpg

We drove past a Porsche dealer. We used to have 2 Porsches but we sold mine. I miss my car but hard to give up cruising to buy another one.

IMG_3917.jpg

Did you happen to notice if celebrity charge for a shuttle bus in Le Havre and if so the cost?

Wonderful review. Loved it. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing your great pictures. I'm sailing on 25th July can't wait.

To answer your question about the scones ... If you come from Devon you put the cream on first, if you're Cornish it's jam first !! Over here it always causes considerable debate but as I come from Devon it should be cream first !!

Do you mind sharing the name of your car service from Southhampton to London? Also cost and size of car for the 4 of you.

Did you happen to notice if celebrity charge for a shuttle bus in Le Havre and if so the cost?

I pulled the Le Havre port guide they gave us and there was no information on it about a shuttle. It did say the average cost of a cab to the town center was 10 Euros and the drivers only take cash.

Sorry - I wasn't paying attention to the shuttle option in France.

Thanks for sharing your great pictures. I'm sailing on 25th July can't wait.

To answer your question about the scones ... If you come from Devon you put the cream on first, if you're Cornish it's jam first !! Over here it always causes considerable debate but as I come from Devon it should be cream first !!

I had no idea! I'll have to try it both ways and see what works. Don't suppose there is one type of jam that is better? I love to cook and have been searching for scone recipes since returning.