CHOSPD-Choice Dining Credit

Lorey2007

Does anyone know how the new promotion "CHOSPD" Choice dining credit will work? Will I be able to use it toward the purchase of the UDP before my cruise, maybe a year out, or will I only be able to use it once on board? The UDP for the 11 night Panama canal cruise on the Pearl is $211 pp. This is from the NCL site:

SPECIALTY DINING CREDIT

Eat in our speciality restaurants for free with an up to $110 per person Dining Credit. For 7-day cruises, receive $75 per person Dining Credit.

Does anyone know how the new promotion "CHOSPD" Choice dining credit will work? Will I be able to use it toward the purchase of the UDP before my cruise, maybe a year out, or will I only be able to use it once on board? The UDP for the 11 night Panama canal cruise on the Pearl is $211 pp. This is from the NCL site:

SPECIALTY DINING CREDIT

Eat in our speciality restaurants for free with an up to $110 per person Dining Credit. For 7-day cruises, receive $75 per person Dining Credit.

Once you board, you will receive a credit on your account that can be used toward dining in specialty restaurant(s) of your choice.

Basically, this offer is for an Onboard Credit that is restricted in that it can only be used toward specialty restaurant dining charges.

Once you board, you will receive a credit on your account that can be used toward dining in specialty restaurant(s) of your choice.

Basically, this offer is for an Onboard Credit that is restricted in that it can only be used toward specialty restaurant dining charges.

So I won't be able to purchase UDP before my cruise that stinks. I like to make my dining reservations long before I board.

Just heard back from the PCC and the Choice Dining credit is just that, a credit that can be used toward specialty dining once you board. It is totally useless if you want to purchase the UDP. I'll be watching for some other kind of promotion hopefully they will have something better down the road.

Just heard back from the PCC and the Choice Dining credit is just that, a credit that can be used toward specialty dining once you board. It is totally useless if you want to purchase the UDP. I'll be watching for some other kind of promotion hopefully they will have something better down the road.

Exactly what SeaShark said.

Geez I just wanted to hear it from someone at NCL.

Sure, but if you wanted to hear it from NCL, then you should have just asked NCL instead of asking a bunch of people you don't know...

Geeez :rolleyes:

Good to know. Thanks for confirming! :)

Back to the original question, if you want to purchase the UDP on this cruise, why not call your NCL or your TA (whichever you booked through) and switch to one of the other promos active at time of booking. Assuming you booked this month, you could get onboard credit or a free wi-fi package or the shore excursions promo. Not as good as the dining credit but it would give you something else for now if you know you want to buy the UDP.

Edited by Mistizoom