Carnival's Paradise Ship

Mom2Joce

Been on the Paradise 3 times and loved it. Smoke free is wonderful! I believe that you can tell a difference. I believe they still have you sign a waiver when you board that you will not use tobacco on the ship and if you do, you will be put off at the first port.;)

We were on a Panama Canal cruise with our kids last Sept on the Paradise in a Cat 12. We were on the last smoke free cruise. It is really too bad they did away with that concept. It was very nice. We loved the ship. We skirted four hurricanes in it, 2 on the Atlantic and 2 on the Pacific, and the ship handled it awesome, the Captain gets credit for that also! We really liked the layout, there is lots of open deck space and four pools so we never had a problem finding a chair. The kids liked Camp Carnival, there were only a handful of children, but they kept them busy with different activities. The food was quite good and our waiters were awesome. You will have a great time. I had a hard time finding anyone who had been on it also when we were making our plans so I did not know what to expect, but I was not disappointed. Have a great time, if you have any more specific questions I will try to answer them for you.

I loved the Paradise! Like the other posters, we too were aboard when it was 'smoke-free' & I was quite surprised at the difference it made...having been on other ships. I truly loved the cleaner smell everywhere on the ship. We had a great time sailing on her.

Have an awesome cruise!

I know what you mean about trying to find any information out about this ship -- there is very little out there! We are flying out tomorrow to leave on her on Friday and will tell you about it when we return. Wavecruiser just posted a review on her on the "member review" page this past week. Hope the information helps you out!

I was on the paradise in May 2003, definetly not impressed. I think that it's because I was comparing to the Voyager class ships that I always saw pics from. We had a great family trip though- the service was amazing. The dining staff was a blast to have serve us!

It's all about what you make of it- just not a big party boat:(

Have a good trip-

The PARADISE, now relegated to 3 and 4 night cruises out of Long Beach, was the last Fantasy Class ship built. The Fantasy class ships were the work horses of the Carnival fleet a decade ago and literally are the reason Carnival is what it is today. ;)

I've never been on the PARADISE, but she is a sister to the ELATION, which was my favorite ship for years. Great layout creating very good passenger flow and to me the "perfect" size. :)

Enjoy your cruise; give us a detailed review when you return.

Of all the cruises we have been on, the Paradise remains our runaway favorite ship. Yes, she is smaller than the newer classes that are out there, but we really enjoyed layout of the boat itself. Granted, we too were last on it when it was smoke free, but if she was still doing 7 day cruises I would be first in line to book it again. Compared to the other Fantasy class ships we have been on (Fascination and Imagination), we found the Paradise to be the cleanest and best decorated of them all.

Joe

I have now managed three cruises in 4 years (yeah!) and the Paradise is a tie for first. (Celebration is last, but still a great time; tie is with the Caribbean Princess, but it is a toughie b/c they are so different in size and style AND we got married onboard the CB, so there is some bias......)

But we LOVED the Paradise. I think my pictures are still up on webshots from our October 2003 trip (Western Carib) -- it is a different itinerary (heck, different ocean) but it was a very classy ship, especially in comparison to some of the more "vegas" feeling Carnival Ships. We were onboard when it was still smoke free, and enjoyed that....sad that it is no longer. I hope you have a great time.

yeah, as with Cliffy, I was on Paradise this year in May, and booked for November this year too! It is not a non smoking ship anymore, but i didn't notice many at all smoking, and there was no smell of smoke that i could tell anywhere.... In the mornings for breakfast, they have milk, chocolate milk, apple/orange/grapefruit juice ice tea...

For a general review, just out the review section on here for my few words of help for you all:cool:

I can't say enough good things about this ship..I just got off and I miss it terribly:( This is how much I love the ship...my family wants to go to Las Vegas over my Christmas break, but I would MUCH rather go on the Paradise again, even though I LOVE Vegas:rolleyes:

I too, wish it remained non-smoking..there were smokers everywhere, including the designated smoke free areas. Our waiter said the reason for changing it was because they couldn't book enough non-smokers on the West coast.

There are self serve ice, juice, tea and soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt dispensers all day. Frozen yogurt...try it!!

I was on the Paradise in April of this year and will be again in Oct. I really enjoyed it. As it was my first cruise I didnot know what to expect, but I really enjoyed the cruise and the Paradise. You will have a great time!

Cliffy,

Im going too in october with my DW. Its nice to know someone in CC is on the same ship. Have seen very few threads regarding Paradise. We will be on3day cruise to ensenada leaving OCT07 2005 .

• 1 month later...

Archived