Star Living Room Bar Prices

algaes

Attached is a scan of the bar menu found in the Living Room. I presume the prices are the same as prices in Explorer's Lounge, Pool Bar, and restaurants. Bar orders are also taken by attendants in the Theatre during events; I assume they charge the same. Basically I don't know more than what i scanned :rolleyes:

I believe this is a required service charge added to these prices. The drinkers I associate with thought the per drink prices were fairly reasonable compared to other cruise lines and taking into account the captive nature of the passengers. I suppose they need to compete with free drinks at meals and passengers bringing alcohol aboard for themselves.

The pages were too wide for normal scan settings so I had to set to maximum. They also had to be rotated. They look legible to me if you zoom in ignoring the white space to the right which I could not find a way to trim easily.

Lastly, I was going to post this under Viking Star Menus but thought it deserved a thread of its own as I know people have very strong opinions about drinking on a ship.

Living Room Drink Prices.pdf

I do agree that the prices look very reasonable and about 30% less than equivalent drinks on board Queen Victoria (Cunard) of which I have some experience. However, it is fair to say that the range of drinks appears to be very limited by comparison.

If anybody could comment on whether the range of drinks is greater in the Explorer Lounge than the Living Room bar list posted that would be appreciated.

Neil

Thanks for that, I hardly drink at all but my partner likes his beers (we both have a rum now and again too) so we don't think it will be worth buying the beverage package as we would both have to take it. At $30 per day each, he would need to drink a lot EVERY day to use up $60!

Terrier1

There are some bottled beer products on the price list, they even seem to be stocking a beer from the Brooklyn Brewery so that should make you feel at home.

Neil

Thanks for pointed that out (lol). I totally missed the beers since I didn't scroll down.

The Explorer's Lounge has a very expansive collection of bottles and I see typically two bartenders there. I feel they could handle any kind of drink order provided the components are there. I'm not sure how they would price ad hoc orders.

If any current passengers see CruisinSubMan around the ship ask him to respond as I saw him at that bar.

The Explorer's Lounge has a very expansive collection of bottles and I see typically two bartenders there. I feel they could handle any kind of drink order provided the components are there. I'm not sure how they would price ad hoc orders.

If any current passengers see CruisinSubMan around the ship ask him to respond as I saw him at that bar.

Algaes found me.

it pretty does not matter what drink you order, they charge $6. They have a limited selection of call and premium alcohol though (see my post in the Silver Spirits Package thread). Generally, the menus are not very accurate as to what they have.

They are supposed to have four red and four white wines by the glass for $6 each that are supposed to be a grade up from the house $4 wines. The are marginally better but usually what a bar has available for red and white is not the same as the list they have.

A few bars have some premium stuff that they charge more for but now its hidden in a cabinet or gone so that it does not confuse the issue about what is included in Silver Spirits and what is not. Torshavn is the big exception where they have many very expensive rare alcohols. You will pay the per shot price for all of that period.

But other than that. you can plan on $4 or $6 for almost any drink.

They have three champagnes and usually have two of them available. One is $4.50 and the other by the glass one is $9.50. The other one is only by the bottle $71.00.

There are five primary bars, three of which are almost all about making drinks (Living Room, Aquavit Terrace, and Explorer's Lounge) In the evenings and night they have experienced bartenders at all three of those. They make most all drinks including odd non standard ones from memory.

The bar in The Restaurant is open just for dinner and it also has an experiences bartender at it. Pool Grill is 11ish to late and bartender skill and experience can vary a bit. Same with Explorer's Lounge outside of late afternoon to late night. When you get an inexperienced bartender they usually ask the guest and then get on the phone.