Anyone just off the Pearl - Alaska, 7 Day? I have a few ?s

Tricialy

Hi,

We're trying to plan specialty dining reservations and had a few questions from someone who is off of the Pearl 7-day to Alaska.

1. What days were the Latitudes Receptions (are there still two?)

2. When was the Captain's VIP Reception

3. For any Platinum cruisers - which restaurants were you able to use your dinner vouchers in? On the Jewel in March we were able to use them in Le Bistro, Moderno, or La Cucina - but I hear that varies based on the ship.

Thanks in advance!!

I just got off the ship on Sunday, but I'm afraid I don't remember about the Latitudes reception. We didn't bother to go since we don't drink alcohol and had already met the captain and the rest of the staff at the meet-and-greet. I would have said there was only one Latitudes reception, and another that we were invited to for being suite passengers, but I could be wrong. I'll look through the stuff I brought home and see if I brought any of that information along.

I'll let someone else chime in if they know about the platinum dinner vouchers. We're gold members and had the UDP, so I don't know how that worked.

I just got off the ship on Sunday, but I'm afraid I don't remember about the Latitudes reception. We didn't bother to go since we don't drink alcohol and had already met the captain and the rest of the staff at the meet-and-greet. I would have said there was only one Latitudes reception, and another that we were invited to for being suite passengers, but I could be wrong. I'll look through the stuff I brought home and see if I brought any of that information along.

I'll let someone else chime in if they know about the platinum dinner vouchers. We're gold members and had the UDP, so I don't know how that worked.

Do you remember what day the suite reception was?

Waiting to disembark right now. We had both parties on Monday. I don't have my papers in front of me right now, but the Latitudes was in Spinnaker (I can't remember when sometime between 11 and 1). The VIP with the Captain was in the Bliss lounge at 6ish.

Waiting to disembark right now. We had both parties on Monday. I don't have my papers in front of me right now, but the Latitudes was in Spinnaker (I can't remember when sometime between 11 and 1). The VIP with the Captain was in the Bliss lounge at 6ish.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. Hope you had a fantastic time!

Edited by Tricialy

Did they get the Noro under control yet? The few cruises before the one returning today had GI controls in place (no self service in buffet, no condiments on tables, public restroom doors propped open). We board today and are hoping things are back to normal (but of course understand and appreciate why they implement the control procedures - so if they're still in place, no biggie).

Hi Ute Fan! As far as I know we never had a Latitude's reception. The first day we had a letter about it being rescheduled then never heard anything about it again. Of Course I also had to hunt down someone for our ships pin too.

I just returned from this week's sailing (sadly). We had an absolute incredible time. Alaska is a beauty. Review and pics to come but in the mean time, if you have any questions I am happy to answer them.

1) Latitudes party was on the first sea day at noon.

2) Noro virus seemed under control. I didn't hear of anyone getting sick. Buffet was self-served. Hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere and the CD Dingo Dave made several announcements from the first day reminding us to use them and also discouraged handshaking.