Cruise Critic Community
scubacruiserx2

Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

When I asked my wife which was her favorite cruise , she didn't hesitate . The April , 2009 Transatlantic crossing on the Celebrity Constellation . It was a great cruise with beautiful weather , a calm sea , and a lovely aft facing cabin . Our first and only cruise on Celebrity , it included a nice mixture of port days and relaxing days at sea , on a fairly empty ship , and all at a great price . Our dream vacation .

So in an effort to recapture that great cruise , we booked the April 21 cruise from Miami to London , that had a similar itinerary on the Celebrity Eclipse . So come with us now as we relive this trip using photos , videos and the printed word . Now I don't pretend to be a professional photographer , but I do enjoy taking photos . And like Rod Stewart , I believe that " every picture tells a story " , and so I'll be using lots of photos - to tell the story . So are you ready ? OK , lets go !

On April 21 st , we were the only cruise ship at the Port of Miami . We were the first cruise after the Eclipse's dry dock in the Bahamas . Here we are waiting our turn to board .

DSC02132_zpse2ygipr3.jpg

Our turn ! Having fun with 41 .

DSC02138_zps8nktb9tf.jpg

Sunset Veranda # 7364

DSC02145_zps6xywccpt.jpg

Aft balcony

6bd6392c-98e2-40f2-841c-c8278b0c6e25_zpssdyvr87l.jpg

The port of Miami

DSC02150_zpszb66gecy.jpg

There is nothing quite so nice as walking forward to check in.......your whole holiday ahead of you. Loved your pictures!

Enjoying your photos. I'll be on the Eclipse December '16.

Thank you for posting. We will be doing this on Sat in Southampton.

I love your photos. That feeling of anticipation at boarding is just as much a part of the cruise and so much fun :)

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

We were on that cruise also. Enjoying your review and wonderful photos. Nothing beats a nice relaxing TA!

We are booked on this T/A cruise in 2016, but in one of the hump cabins. Great photos so far! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Kathy

Welcome aboard everyone !

DSC02191_zpskr5gyglx.jpg

For those readers unfamiliar with our reviews I suppose that we should issue a warning .

Warning : There will be graphic displays of food in this review .

So after dropping our bags , I was so hungry that I could eat the bark off of a tree . But we settled for a place that we had wanted to try - The bistro on 5 . We like to try different food venues and we thought that this one would be nice and quite . And for only $ 10 each , our wishes were granted .

IMG_4874_zpsznud1hr9.jpg

Chicken Caesar

DSC02160-001_zpsfwcszxbi.jpg

And a Shredded Spicy Steak crepe for me

DSC02164_zpsqg0qwjiu.jpg

And a Mushroom burger for her

DSC02165_zps1febzhux.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Looking great already, I am pleased you liked the BO5 as I have heard lots of bad reviews on the food quality as well as the price going from $7-$10. I suspected they may have been over the top but you never can tell if you hear nothing positive.

Keep it coming, cheers Mic.:D

Amazing pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and your review.....:):):)

Bob

Looking great already, I am pleased you liked the BO5 as I have heard lots of bad reviews on the food quality as well as the price going from $7-$10. I suspected they may have been over the top but you never can tell if you hear nothing positive.

Keep it coming, cheers Mic.:D

Amazing pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and your review.....:):):)

Bob

It's great to hear from our fellow Niceinga cruisers. We're now looking forward to our Fall back TA . :) :D

Looking forward to your updates on Eclipse after her dry dock.

I did wonder if anyone would post a review.

Thank you.

Looking forward to your updates on Eclipse after her dry dock.

I did wonder if anyone would post a review.

Thank you.

Great job! Looking forward to seeing more

Me too! Love all the pics ~

Thanks everyone , welcome aboard !! :) :D

Well it gonna be a long cruise - with lots of photos and videos , so perhaps an introduction may help . We're Pat and Joe from sunny South Florida where we love Scuba and cruising , hence the name Scubacruiser times 2 . Here's a shot of us from the London Kensington Gardens .

691fbeda-6282-45d4-a8f6-7f90f622b93d_zpscdeyy6i4.jpg

You may also notice that we like food and photography . Maybe we should we should be called Hungryshutterbugx2 in the future . :) :D

Well it gonna be a long cruise - with lots of photos and videos , so perhaps an introduction may help . We're Pat and Joe from sunny South Florida where we love Scuba and cruising , hence the name Scubacruiser times 2 . Here's a shot of us from the London Kensington Gardens .

691fbeda-6282-45d4-a8f6-7f90f622b93d_zpscdeyy6i4.jpg

You may also notice that we like food and photography . Maybe we should we should be called Hungryshutterbugx2 in the future . :) :D

Great photo .

Perhaps you could combine both names 'Scubahungryshutterbugcruiserx2' but it would get a bit long.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Great photo .

Perhaps you could combine both names 'Scubahungryshutterbugcruiserx2' but it would get a bit long.:p

Ok but if you say it 3 times quickly, with no mistakes - after 3 rounds , on our cruise . ;)

Ok but if you say it 3 times quickly, with no mistakes - after 3 rounds , on our cruise . ;)

I am having difficulties saying it once without any drinks in.;)