I am SO Frustrated!!! Still Waiting for 2005 Schedules!

BocaRoo

Jill,

Drop me a line sometime. Kathy has a picture or two of you and Kevin on the Summit we'd love to pass along. Summit 4-16-04

RICK

Galaxy 3/01 SC, 9/02 WC

Century 1/02 WC

Brilliance 3/03 W/SC

Fascination 1/04 - Bahamas

Mercury 1/04 - MR

Summit 4/04- E/SC

Galaxy 12/30/04 - Panama Canal

icon_cool.gif Hello again Miamiroo! Or should I say JIll. How have you been? Say Hello to Kevin! That first cruise on the Millenium hooked me. We had a great time as I know you did too. Have since sailed Carnival(yuk) and am now booked on a Princess cruise. Will let you know how it is. Have you sailed anything other than Celebrity?

Mellenium 11/2001

IMAGINATION 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;10;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

GOLDEN PRINCESS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;17;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Have just sailed the new Island Princess (4/04) and while the food is maybe a little bit better than RCCL, but definitely not as good as Celebrity, the service was lacking. The waiters had to do the bar service, wine service and do the meals for up to 4 tables. As nice as our waitress was, the food was cold at times, water not poured, etc. Entertainment did not exist. The singers and dancers lip=sync to prerecorded music as there was no "Celebrity Orchestra" for them to sing to. The ship did have an orchestra, but the only times we saw them was at the Captains Gala and repeaters party. Theatre (ship is same size as M class ships) was small and narrow like the new movie theatre, and that is what it is used for most nights, they do a lot of movies at night. Cruise staff were very nice, but again the cruise director was no where to be found.!!!! There are no buffets at the pools midnight, because their food service is open 24 hrs--after midnight coffee, some fruit and cake. Their is no grand Gala Buffet like Celebrity and RCCL, what they have in the Atrium is a Champagne pouring tower. We have three cruises book and none of them is on Princess!!!

norm

Just off Infinity two days ago. Spoke to Cruise Sales Consultant twice (beginning and end of cruise) She had no information whatsoever after April 2005 . Did have stack of complaints from people wanting to book "on board"

She gave me a certificate, but it expires June 14, and I really doubt that the schedule I want- San Diego/Hawaii/San Diego - 15 days -will be out by then - if they are doing it that is.

Cruise Consultant had no idea if any ship will be doing that trip - even though this year it has been "sold out" since Jan.

Since this year is sold out and with next year in the "unknown" I have mailed an agent to obtain info for Statendam Dec 6th 2004

as I received HAL mailing that shows the fare on promo has been reduced to about half that on the HAL web site. Cabins are still available for this sailing. so if price is right I will take that rather than wait in "never never land"

Celebrity Marketiing VP needs to "wake up" and realise how many bookings they are losing because his department is "asleep at their desks"

------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jezzdogg:

Have just sailed the new Island Princess

norm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny how we can have different impressions of the same ship. I was on Island Princess last October and the food was on par with Celebrity. The entertainement was a lot better than Celebrity. And the singers definitly don't lip sync, you are mistaken, the orchestra may be out of sight, in the pit but they are there. The cruise director has always been more visible on every Princess ship I have been on and they have always been more visible than cruise directors on Celebrity. You are right there is no Gala Buffet but the 24 hour service is not just coffee, fruit and cake. There is full service, made to order, food like steak available every night in the lido. On Celebrity you have a few buffets and gourmet bites the rest of the evenings. I look as forward to cruising on Princess in the future as I do Celebrity.

Archived