New luxury small ship line, Haimark

The itinerary they gave us tonight onboard indicates that we will be on the Michigan side on Friday August 7. So far, so good. We are in cabin 122 and we like it. It feels roomy, though it is smaller than the Marina cabin we spent months in earlier this year. It has a lot of storage and 2 big windows. The bathroom is good sized compared to Marina's and that is without the separate tub and shower. Saint Laurent's bath only has a shower. But, again it feels roomy and has a lot of storage. Dining is open seating which is our preference. On our sailing there are complimentary alcoholic beverages and 2 hours of Internet per guest. I don't know if this is standard or because the sailing is a Go Next Alumni Groups charter sailing. There is a lecturer onboard and a folk singing duo of entertainers. The waitstaff seems experienced, efficient and friendly. Other than the horrifically confused life boat drill and the overly drawn out check in we have no complaints. Oh, except for the driving in locks! Now we know how they got that gash running into a lock wall earlier this summer! Geez!

Debbie

Thanks once again for the info.

Is the arrival time in Sault Ste Marie Michigan still showing 11:30 am? If you dock on the Michigan side will make the short drive over and hopefully if I time it right see you transverse the Soo Locks

Thanks once again for the info.

Is the arrival time in Sault Ste Marie Michigan still showing 11:30 am? If you dock on the Michigan side will make the short drive over and hopefully if I time it right see you transverse the Soo Locks

Yes, that is the time on the itinerary they gave us onboard. They give out changes the night before if they make them, but still tell us to expect to be flexible. If I find out they are changing that day, I'll try to come back here and post it asap!

Debbie

Yes, that is the time on the itinerary they gave us onboard. They give out changes the night before if they make them, but still tell us to expect to be flexible. If I find out they are changing that day, I'll try to come back here and post it asap!

Debbie

Thank you Debbie...if you are able. :) Might just make a day of it over on the Michigan side with lunch and some cross border shopping :)

I see on Marine Traffic that the Saint Laurent has left Little Current on Manitoulin Island in Ontario and is on her way to Sault Ste Marie. It does say US after the city so looks like she will dock in US side of the river.

Arrival time says 1130 UTC which in eastern time zone is 6:30 am.

Will be watching for her and to pay her a visit

I see on Marine Traffic that the Saint Laurent has left Little Current on Manitoulin Island in Ontario and is on her way to Sault Ste Marie. It does say US after the city so looks like she will dock in US side of the river.

Get some photos :D

Emmy,

We came through the lock this morning at 5am. It woke us up! I don't know what time we'll come back through but we have to at some point today to sail down Lake Michigan. The Saint Laurent has not given us any predicted times for the Soo Locks. The CD just hedged earlier in the cruise when asked what time we would lock through to Superior. He said if we did it would depend. Now we are through though and still sailing into Superior at 6:30am. We do have to come back today. The schedule has us going ashore in Sault Ste. Marie MI at 1pm. We won't have today's port talk until after 9am this morning and that is where they say they will tell us about US Customs coming aboard to clear the ship into the US. Sorry I can't be more specific! Good luck spotting us. I guess once we dock this afternoon, it should be easy enough.

Debbie

Emmy,

We came through the lock this morning at 5am. It woke us up! I don't know what time we'll come back through but we have to at some point today to sail down Lake Michigan. The Saint Laurent has not given us any predicted times for the Soo Locks. The CD just hedged earlier in the cruise when asked what time we would lock through to Superior. He said if we did it would depend. Now we are through though and still sailing into Superior at 6:30am. We do have to come back today. The schedule has us going ashore in Sault Ste. Marie MI at 1pm. We won't have today's port talk until after 9am this morning and that is where they say they will tell us about US Customs coming aboard to clear the ship into the US. Sorry I can't be more specific! Good luck spotting us. I guess once we dock this afternoon, it should be easy enough.

Debbie

Hi Debbie ~ I got up about 20 minutes ago and checked marine traffic and see you have already gone through the locks. When I see you start to turn around I will head out. :)

Do you know where or the name of where you will dock?

11782319_10153104648446693_6663428712229556046_o.jpg

We have a blog and there are photos on there if you click the Photo Slideshow words on each entry at the top or the bottom of the page. The Saint Laurent and Great Lakes cruise are part of a larger blog.

epicendurancecruising.blogspot.com

Debbie

Emmy,

Sorry, no we have not been given a dock name or location. We turned around next to Ile Parisenne and the announcement was that we should be back in the lock around 10:45 to 11am and docked by 1pm.

Debbie

Emmy,

Sorry, no we have not been given a dock name or location. We turned around next to Ile Parisenne and the announcement was that we should be back in the lock around 10:45 to 11am and docked by 1pm.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie Saw you turn at Ile Parisienne. Will leave the house by 9:30 am and try to be on the viewing platform. I will bring my pink boa :)

Emmy,

Well now I know what to look for, we'll be out front looking for your pink boa! The CD just finished his Sault Ste. Marie port talk and still didn't name or describe our docking location. He did say that the lock would be within a 15 minute bus drive of the docking location. I don't know if that helps or not. I am wearing a blue blouse and dark blue striped shorts and my husband is in a tan t-shirt and tan shorts. I don't think we'll be as easy to pick out as a woman in a pink boa!

Debbie

Debbie thanks for the update & your blog

Love the title :D

Will have a read through later

Looks like you are having fun in spite of the RTW cancellation

EMMY love the pink boa you should be easy to spot

Lyn

Hi Emmy! That was fun meeting you at a distance! Thanks for the greeting.

Thanks for posting the link. You took some great photos of the day!

Debbie

P8070037.jpg.00ed915e3b38c02d51cddc0a912df709.jpg

Edited by dfb

Hi Emmy! That was fun meeting you at a distance! Thanks for the greeting.

Thanks for posting the link. You took some great photos of the day!

Debbie

Happy we were able to wave at each other :) enjoy the rest of your cruise and Mackinaw Island is very nice

Hi Ladies,

Been following your chatter!! Lovely to see the photos of smiling passengers. Would love to know more about the ship. The meals and tours and also if you have had a chance to explore the ship. We have booked on the promenade deck that allows one to exit from the cabin and I would love to know if the deck space is a bit squeezy and if one's privacy is compromised with people walking past. Booked to go Montreal to Portland leaving 21st October!

Hi Ladies,

Been following your chatter!! Lovely to see the photos of smiling passengers. Would love to know more about the ship. The meals and tours and also if you have had a chance to explore the ship. We have booked on the promenade deck that allows one to exit from the cabin and I would love to know if the deck space is a bit squeezy and if one's privacy is compromised with people walking past. Booked to go Montreal to Portland leaving 21st October!

G'day to you :)

I am hoping that Debbie can come back here and tell us more.

Have you checked out her blog with some photos. http://epicendurancecruising.blogspot.ca/

Thanks Emmy - I hadn't checked Debbie's blog and have now done so - sounds like good and bad - hopefully they will "deploy stabilizers" when we are in open sea - don't like the sound of the rolling ship. Hopefully by the time we climb aboard they have got their act together - so often new cruises take a while to do this. Would love to know if the two hours of Internet is per day or per trip. Seems very little if for the whole trip. I will keep reading - Viv

Ps great to see the slideshows as well even though we aren't on that route - have been to a few of the places before.

Would love to know if the two hours of Internet is per day or per trip. Seems very little if for the whole trip. I will keep reading - Viv

I think Debbie posted it was 2 hr per day

Did anyone to on the repaired boat which was to pick up at Mackinac Island instead of Chicago? Passengers were being bussed from Vhic to the ferry to the Island. Would love to hear how many went and how the trip was. Thanks.

Did anyone to on the repaired boat which was to pick up at Mackinac Island instead of Chicago? Passengers were being bussed from Vhic to the ferry to the Island. Would love to hear how many went and how the trip was. Thanks.

When was this ?

The ship was in Mackinac today

Edited by LHT28