Suite & 1st night specialty

Kineticoh20

Wonder if anyone has any experience with this? Ok suites get embark dining free of charge. On a cruise where you spend the first night on board (Venice in my case) would they consider in port night or actual sail away night for this suite perk. I'm asking because on overnight in port we plan to be in town.

Wonder if anyone has any experience with this? Ok suites get embark dining free of charge. On a cruise where you spend the first night on board (Venice in my case) would they consider in port night or actual sail away night for this suite perk. I'm asking because on overnight in port we plan to be in town.

I believe the first night is the first night......

You can speak with the HW at the restaurant you want to attend to see if another night might work.

It will be the first night onboard whether or not you are sailing.

Mike:)

Why don't you ask Princess about that?:)

Seemed like a perfectly resonable question in this thread. I am not asking about every night- just this first dinner.

And thanks I will give a call once we board.

Seemed like a perfectly resonable question in this thread. I am not asking about every night- just this first dinner.

That is about all you can do at this point. We've been told it's first night only, but you never know how relaxed about the rules they will be on each ship.

We're happy with the first night but we may not board until late.

My real question for Princess concerning the first night dinner in the specialty restaurant is where or not it is for all 3 of us in the suite. One of their agents assured us it would be, but I am not convinced.

We're happy with the first night but we may not board until late.

My real question for Princess concerning the first night dinner in the specialty restaurant is where or not it is for all 3 of us in the suite. One of their agents assured us it would be, but I am not convinced.

It will be for all occupants of the suite, no problem.

Do they charge you for dinner then back it out of your folio, or is it not charged at all? Just wondering if this is something I need to look out for..

We just tell them we are in a suite and they don't bring us a bill. The one time they did bring it, I reminded we were in a suite and they said " oops never mind then" and took back the bill. :)

We just tell them we are in a suite and they don't bring us a bill. The one time they did bring it, I reminded we were in a suite and they said " oops never mind then" and took back the bill. :)

You don't have tell them you are in a suite as they know it from your cruise card.

We have not been billed and then credited in the past.

We were in a suite on our last cruise on the Pacific Princess. The cruise started with an overnight in Papeete, Tahiti. The Pacific Princess only has one specialty restaurant open each night. There was a card in our suite upon arrival with the number to call to make our reservation. Quite honestly I don't remember if we called or if the restaurant called us to make the reservation. We ate in Sabatini's and the only diners were suite passengers.

It was a great way to start the cruise. I also think we've been ruined for all future cruises... ;)