Legend of the Seas?!?

jamiski

Hi Marjorie, Thanks for your message and for cheering me up about my house. It should never have been important. I keep trying to send photos to everyone of the LOTS and of the UK but it doesn't work.Will keep trying.Great that you have 2 Ikeas.. We seriously need 2 here. Derby is next to Nottingham, which is a bigger city, but still not of any major size, but both are very busy. Birmingham, however, is only 45 minutes away and is the 2nd largest city in England, after London. I have yet to get there. The midlands as we call it (Central England) is booming as businesses and such have relocated here. It's Newer and cleaner than London and cheaper. Our country... including Scotland and Wales....is only one thirty eighth the size of America... but has one fourth the population. So housing is short and we are very crowded in specific areas..there is still less commercialized sections and lots of countryside for which I am glad of. We tend to keep our shopping, businesses, restaurants and fast food and gas stations etc. in separate areas... instead of miles and miles of commercial signs and buildings. So we are always busy in our shops. We have only 1 Ikea to serve Derby/Notts. and surrounding areas. It was doubled in size last year..and is now a truly massive warehouse building in a large open industrial area. The huge Letters on the side of the building can be seen for miles.. despite being open to 10 pm (fewer stores are open nights in the UK) it is mobbed 7 days a week and parking a nightmare. My husband stresses out awful as we queue to enter. But they have great stuff. Jamie, Your story of how you kept cool there in IKEA really made me laugh. I could really visualize it. I often felt that way when I looked at all the lovely dispalys and I was in a mess at home. "I could just live here"... I especially like the entire home in one room... the Loft type apt...kitchen,living room,bath, bedroom...all in one space with enormous ladder for going up to all the shelves 8 foot up or more. Great as long as you have ceilings to match and aren't afraid ogf heights. Do you have that display? Thanks for your support and friendship. So glad that Kev's dad is doing OK. Hope Both you and Marjorie and families have a wonderful Thanksgiving. btw.. There is a review at the top of cc list tonight on the Mariner. Jamie..have you seen it ? I also looked up some photos on the Cruise clues website...it is brilliant all the things onboard. the chapel is on top of the Viking Crown..deck 15? I think. that's amazing. Well, I'll close for now ..got washing to do for my son.Forgot to say..He's big in sport and competes on many levels. He is now doing Sumo wrestling and like everyone else, I thought it meant very large men as in Japan. However, like other wrestling... boxing etc. it is in different weight and size categories. He competed in Holland while the Olympics were taking place in Greece. The competition was part of the olympics but as no official site was setup in Greece the matches were held in Holland as a continuation and will in future be part of the main venue. the medal was official Olympic and the ceremony included the national anthems and 19 countries competed. My son won the bronze and A lad from the US won Gold.He didn't do as well in Budapest, Hungary a couple months later as he was up against powerful Russians that were well trained for many years. My son only began a year ago. Tomorrow he is off to Japan to compete in a world competition..He doesn't expect to win ...but it is wonderful to represent his country and a fantastic experience. He is also a major footballer and very handsome.. average build and tall for our family.. about 6 ft. (my husband is 5'4) We Went to say Goodbye to him in his new home and to offer him a few dollars for extras. I found him trying to wash the clothes he needed packing..to no avail..the washer had broken. His partner was just in from the gym and sat down to chat and watch TV..no attempt to do his washing or cook dinner for him. The counters in the kitchen were lined with micro snacks..Football match on Tv..Sam's mate visiting and Evie happily eating hot dogs...Her face lit up to see us. Everyone was Happy..not a traditional Sunday family meal...but together and Happy's what counts. So Long For Now, Carol

Jamey, There is another review just added to the board.. from a Uk couple that have just returned from Mariner. A guitar playing, entertaining Captain...it sounds like a brilliant, fun, ship...Wish I was going!! I am Really Excited for You...It's going to be GREAT!!! You are going to have a wonderful time... I See I left the paragraphs out again in my message above. Sorry!

Hi Rick,

when I checked the boards, I found your nice picture of the Splendour in Cadiz on May 11th 2005 (yes, we sailed her transatlantic cruise).

We enjoyed the "farewell" between Legend and Splendour very much and also took some pics from our balcony.

Thank you for the memories

Ruth

1372182947_LegendCadiz0505111.jpg.383dbf2a8d350fe346aa85aa680e4dd4.jpg

496599937_LegendCadiz0505112.jpg.3a9b243e1a977d73561e48ee19464ee2.jpg

Archived