Bringing bottled water on board--Is it really necessary?

cma2008

Did you read the entire thread?

Post #8

Old June 6th, 2015, 03:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend of mine worked in the quality control unit of the local Water corp he bought some water home and tested it and said it was purer than any of the bottled water.

His only issue was that it was SO pure he was worried the crew might be missing out on some minerals.

Did you read the entire thread?

Post #8

Old June 6th, 2015, 03:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend of mine worked in the quality control unit of the local Water corp he bought some water home and tested it and said it was purer than any of the bottled water.

His only issue was that it was SO pure he was worried the crew might be missing out on some minerals.

But do remember I was told it was a ridiculous post.

I have owned a water treatment company for 30 years and have over 10,000 customers. Your post is ridiculous , don't want to get into a debate but it is completely incorrect.

Here it is!!

What is the analysis of ingredients in the ships water?Someone must know.It seems a big secret.

I would imagine it will vary from ship to ship.

But I'll bet there is a fair bit of Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Edited by GUT2407

I have owned a water treatment company for 30 years and have over 10,000 customers. Your post is ridiculous , don't want to get into a debate but it is completely incorrect.

I always enjoy the posts here -- like the one earlier in this thread

-- 'the water on ships is better than what you have in your home'...

Wouldn't one at least have to know where the home was that they

are commenting on???

Also, I thought lower mineral content of de-salinated water can be

an issue if you drink it over a long period of time.

As Princess also bunkers water, it's probably not an issue at all

for passengers.

Can't say anything about ship's water brought on board while in various ports.

Can't really say too much about the analysis of the water made on board but ...

There have been a couple of comments about the on-board water lacking minerals because it is distilled and over time, distilled water is not good for you.

Yes, the water made on-board is created through a distillation process but it is then passed through a device called a mineralizer. It is in this device where minerals are reintroduced into the water to give it a good taste.

The water's pH level is also monitored and adjusted if necessary to keep it within an acceptable range.

DH and I drink bottled water in the cabin only - I worry about the cleanliness of the sink/faucet. In the public areas, I carry a refillable water bottle - as runners, we have to watch our hydration carefully.

Taking my mom and aunt to their Alaska cruise in a week - does anyone remember if there is a restriction on the size of case of water? Like, grocery store vs. Costco? My aunt drinks a LOT of water...

DH and I drink bottled water in the cabin only - I worry about the cleanliness of the sink/faucet. In the public areas, I carry a refillable water bottle - as runners, we have to watch our hydration carefully.

Taking my mom and aunt to their Alaska cruise in a week - does anyone remember if there is a restriction on the size of case of water? Like, grocery store vs. Costco? My aunt drinks a LOT of water...

No restriction at this point. If you have a giant Costco package of bottled water make sure to reinforce it (duct tape perhaps) and then stick a luggage tag on it. It will be delivered to your cabin.