Beach Limerz?

lenetere

Has anyone been here? I had planned on Coconut Beach Club, but obviously can't go there! Does Beach Limerz sell day passes? Or do you rent chairs and umbrella? With the proximity to the cruise terminal, it seems like the ideal location.

Hi lenetere,

We too have been looking at the different options for a day-pass while on Antigua. I had emailed Beach Limerz about the option of a day-pass. They are working on packages for day-passes at their beach club. They are located at Fort James Beach.

Gail from Beach Limerz just emailed back with this current info:

Basic Pkg. US $40 as follows:

BBQ Chicken or Grilled Fish or Sirloin Steak

Rice or Pasta or Mash Potatoes

Grilled Veggies

Green Salad

Water, Rum Punch

Chaise Lounge, Umbrella

Water Sports Gear (kayaks, Snorkels, Paddle Boards)

This is their website: http://www.beachlimerz.com/

Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea what the cost for a taxi would be there and back? It looks to be fairly close to the port.

I may email and get clarification on the package. Are the only drinks water and rum punch? I don't drink hard liquor during the day out in the hot sun. It's a bad combo for me. ;) I'd prefer Wadadli beer.

I've been in touch with Gail. I've asked her to put together a list of exactly what is included (and what is not), payment methods, any limit to the number of people they'll book on the day pass.

I did ask about substituting beer for rum punch and was told that would be fine, if that's what I want. Apparently it's ONE drink. This is not an all-inclusive day pass.

I also went to Trip Advisor and the photos look great.

I asked about the cost of a taxi. She said the vans hold about 15 people and the round trip fare would be about $8. I can certainly live with that. Of course, if I don't get 15 people interested and we have our own taxi, it will be more per person.

I'll post back here when I get her response.

Here's what she sent me...

Basic Pkg.

US $40 includes the following...

Choose one: BBQ Chicken, Grilled Fish or Sirloin Steak

Choose one :Rice, Pasta or Mash Potatoes

Grilled Veggies

Green Salad

1 Btl Water,

1 Rum Punch or 1 Wadadli

1 Chaise Lounge per person

1 Umbrella per 2 persons

Water Sports Gear included(kayaking, Snorkeling, Paddle Boarding)

N.B. Transportation to and from Pier NOT included.

(Taxi would cost US$8 per person round trip but we can do better

depending on the number of passengers booking).

We have a very extensive bar and are famous for our cocktails.

We accept Master Card & Visa and cash on the fun day.

We require a deposit of 50% on or before August 31, 2015.

We are not a large facility and would want to keep numbers down

to a maximum of 50 persons.

BBQ/Grill station on the beach.

So, that's pretty much what was posted earlier except she's changed the beverage options to include the local beer. If you get enough people interested, she'll also try to arrange the transportation. I have a few people on our Roll Call interested. I certainly hope we don't get 50 people!

Once we get closer to our sail date, I'll contact her about how to pay the deposit.

• 5 months later...

OK, so here's what it was like at BeachLimerz on Monday...

Well, firstly, Gail had arranged for a local taxi driver to pick up the 15 people from our Roll Call who said they were going. Sammy was waiting behind the "usual" taxi stand with a sign with my name on it. There were 6 of us and we waiting 20 minutes for the others to show. I had him call Gail and she said the others said they got off the ship, didn't know what I looked like, so just got a taxi over. :mad:

Anyway, we all seemed to really enjoy it although I didn't talk to the others because I was afraid I'd get really loud and obnoxious that they'd cut OUR day short simply because they couldn't read the instructions.

Food was very good. The deal is now TWO rum punches or TWO beers, and TWO waters per person, plus the lunch. There was extra food so you could have seconds. There was barbecue chicken (large pieces), grilled fish, and steak cooked-to-order. There were grilled veggies (the eggplant was delicious), salad, rice, pasta and mashed potatoes.

I had the Wadadli beer; person I was with had the rum punch and said it was very strong. Saw several others ordering other drinks from the bar. Everyone was extremely pleasant.

They only set out enough chairs/umbrellas for the number of people they were expecting, so we were all sort of concentrated near the restaurant, which is all open air but covered. Wonderful breeze up there. Picnic tables down by the barbecue area.

Lots of butterflies, but also lots of not-so-pretty flies, so you may want to bring your bug spray.

Stand-up paddleboards, inflatable kayaks, snorkeling gear. I don't "do" water sports but saw plenty of others enjoying themselves out there.

Added entertainment (imho) was watching the dozen or so local lifeguards practicing drills. ;)

I'll post photos (only have a couple) once I get them uploaded (just got home lat night and I'm back at work).

Would definitely return there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry. I forgot to come back. I haven't even finished my review thread and we sailed a month ago! :o

Actually only have a couple of pics.

23059098374_8a850dfc48_b.jpg[/url]

We were sitting at the end chairs (looking at them facing the beach). This was my view looking to my left.

23059092904_fce412d26c_b.jpg

This is turned around from where we were sitting, looking back up toward the building. The barbecue/picnic area is to the left of the umbrellas. Going up under the octopus, you go up a few steps to the dining area/bar.

23391572040_38a0e00119_b.jpg

Note that the beers are small in the islands, only 250 ml each.

• 4 months later...

For those that have visited this bar, do you have to buy a day pass or can you just PAYG?

Is it easy to get a taxi back - are they waiting, will the bar call for one or do you have to pre-arrange return transport?

The website suggests they have a menu with other items - is that just at night or can you have those in the day? Are the prices in EC$? Thanks!

I just received an email response from Beach Limerz confirming the beach pass below with the two drinks and two waters but the price has now increased to $60pp. That is a big increase and seems rather expensive for a beach bar especially since we would not require the watersports equipment and would have our own snorkeling gear if we needed it. I would prefer that those were charged separately so may need to keep looking.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 year later...

We were here in November. We paid for the day pass. Gail was wonderful. Anything we needed she got for us. Our day pass price was $65.00 per person. That included a chair and umbrella, two rum punches, bottle of water and one of the best lunch bbq I have had. The service was great. We would definitely go back.

For those that have visited this bar, do you have to buy a day pass or can you just PAYG?

Is it easy to get a taxi back - are they waiting, will the bar call for one or do you have to pre-arrange return transport?

The website suggests they have a menu with other items - is that just at night or can you have those in the day? Are the prices in EC$? Thanks!

You can pay as you go. Gail will call for a cab for you both ways. It is $4.00 per person if there is 4 people, and $6.00 per person with less than 4. That is each way.

It is an excellent beach. Very soft sand, and easy entry into the water.....not the big drop-offs you find at a lot of beaches. No jet skis available there, but they do have paddle boards and kayaks you can use while there. And the lunch is very, very good!!

We will be there in 5 days. Will report back.

I can say that communicating with Gail was very easy. She responds to e-mails quickly.

Gail arranged for a taxi for us as well.

I am really looking forward to spending the morning and afternoon there.

We will be there in 5 days. Will report back.

I can say that communicating with Gail was very easy. She responds to e-mails quickly.

Gail arranged for a taxi for us as well.

I am really looking forward to spending the morning and afternoon there.

Cool! Please post afterwards with how it was!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...