Beach Limerz?

lenetere

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, crickett72 said:

Will be following this thread - Hoping to find a good beach location for our cruise stop in January and this looked good until I saw the previous reviews of heavy surf.  

You could reach out to Gail to ask her about the beach conditions.  It really is a wonderful place to spend the day!

Edited by JBSteelerfan

Hi All,

We will be in Antigua in two weeks, early November. I am considering Beachlimerz from all the wonderful information I have found here. I am curious if the basic package is still available, and if so, how much it was, and if it just worth it to do PAYG. I will also contact Gail to see if she can help us decide! Thank you all for the wonderful pic's, it's really helped me to decide!

Definitely recommend emailing Gail for info on the package or pay as you go. She will send you full details on each so you can make the selection that works best for you. We were there in early October and it was a rough surf day so we weren't able to go in the water, but still had a wonderful day. There were only four of us (the four in my group) on the beach all day long! A few local patrons had lunch in the restaurant. Gail continually apologized for the surf conditions, which was very thoughtful in her quest to make sure we had a great day but was totally not necessary as it was not within her control. 

A few photos from the day. Waves were breaking onto the boulders at times

IMG_20181004_095944.jpg

IMG_20181004_100143-EFFECTS.jpg

7 minutes ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

I asked about this trip a few days ago as it looked great, however, Ive decided against as the water is just too rough.

There are a couple of videos on facebook pages showing how strong and rough the surf is.....its a shame, becuase we woiuld love to go.

I just googled a Youtube video from 3 weeks ago and the water seemed calm.  I am not saying there isn't rough surf, after all its Mother Nature who has control

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, FiftyOnePlus said:

I asked about this trip a few days ago as it looked great, however, Ive decided against as the water is just too rough.

There are a couple of videos on facebook pages showing how strong and rough the surf is.....its a shame, becuase we woiuld love to go.

I should mention that we have been to Beach Limerz once, if not twice, in the past when the beach was quite wide and the water was very calm. Although this past trip conditions were impacted by recent weather, that's not always the case. Unfortunately, the weather can be unpredictable. Compared to other beaches where we were among throngs of people and continually approached by aggressive vendors, I'll take Beach Limerz even if I can't get in the water for the day. It's all a matter of priority and preference for every individual to make that determination. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, VaCruzers said:

Definitely recommend emailing Gail for info on the package or pay as you go. She will send you full details on each so you can make the selection that works best for you. We were there in early October and it was a rough surf day so we weren't able to go in the water, but still had a wonderful day. There were only four of us (the four in my group) on the beach all day long! A few local patrons had lunch in the restaurant. Gail continually apologized for the surf conditions, which was very thoughtful in her quest to make sure we had a great day but was totally not necessary as it was not within her control. 

A few photos from the day. Waves were breaking onto the boulders at times

IMG_20181004_095944.jpg

IMG_20181004_100143-EFFECTS.jpg

Hello, I know this post is a few months old, but I am wondering about the location of the chairs and umbrellas... I was there last Feb, and there was a very large sandy beach in front of some rocks where we all sat with chairs and umbrellas last year.  Has that beach washed away and the tide comes up to the rocks?

Thank you,

Debbie

We'll be there in two weeks and I'll report when we come back, but from what I've seen in different threads/videos, the chairs are usually down on the beach next to the water. I think there are times when the tides/water doesn't cooperate, but those are rare now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brookie848 said:

We'll be there in two weeks and I'll report when we come back, but from what I've seen in different threads/videos, the chairs are usually down on the beach next to the water. I think there are times when the tides/water doesn't cooperate, but those are rare now. 

That would be great!  Thank you and have an awesome cruise!!

On 2/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, df5250 said:

That would be great!  Thank you and have an awesome cruise!!

We were at Beach Limerz in November.  While there were some waves due to a passing storm,  we did not find the "surf" difficult to deal with at all. Here is our video of our time at Beach Limerz. Beach Limerz is one of our favorite beach bars in the Caribbean. Gail and Barry, the owners, are a lovely friendly couple. If you go, tell her the Conch Fritter Guy recommended you go!

3 hours ago, existentialtraveler said:

We were at Beach Limerz in November.  While there were some waves due to a passing storm,  we did not find the "surf" difficult to deal with at all. Here is our video of our time at Beach Limerz. Beach Limerz is one of our favorite beach bars in the Caribbean. Gail and Barry, the owners, are a lovely friendly couple. If you go, tell her the Conch Fritter Guy recommended you go!

Thank you for your reply.  The Beach looks a little smaller than when I was there at the end of last Feb!  It was a wonderful day. Gail and her staff were awesome!!  We had some big waves the day we were there, and for the first time since I was a kid, I got taken out by a wave and rolled in the surf!! It was all good though, the water is warm and we all had a good laugh!! I think they were preparing for a big storm to arrive after our departure.  We skipped a port due to the weather and sailed up the coast a day early.  I am getting ready to put my deposit down to go again in April!

We were there on Thanksgiving last year with our two daughters (10 and 6). The water was pretty calm with just a few waves. We basically had the place to ourselves. The distance from the chairs to the beach wasn't that big but with such a small crowd, it didn't really matter. No one was fighting for space. Gail and Barry were terrific hosts - the rum punch is awesome and they were so sweet to our girls. We did the PAYG option which made sense for us. We will definitely return the next time we are on Antigua! 

• Like 1

Let me add an additional thumbs up for  BeachLimerz!  We were there last week, Gail took care of everything for us, it was seamless.  We all agreed that it was the highlight of our cruise.  We were 2 seniors (yikes, I can't believe I'm saying that) with our our grown children and 2 year old grandchild.

I would call it the quintessentially perfect Carribean beach day!

Happy to answer any questions.

Bob 

20190220_100312.thumb.jpg.405826c44ea6d072c908ad5815e86e74.jpg

20190220_110250(0).jpg

20190220_100933.jpg

20190220_095249.jpg

20190220_100741.jpg

20190220_121645.jpg

Edited by boblerm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boblerm said:

Let me add an additional thumbs up for  BeachLimerz!  We were there last week, Gail took care of everything for us, it was seamless.  We all agreed that it was the highlight of our cruise.  We were 2 seniors (yikes, I can't believe I'm saying that) with our our grown children and 2 year old grandchild.

Bob 

Bob and Patsfan9404, thanks for the more recent info.  Bob, the photo's are awesome... what a memory to have!!  I sent Gail  my deposit the other day, so I'll be going back for my second visit on April 4th!

On 2/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, patsfan9404 said:

We were there on Thanksgiving last year with our two daughters (10 and 6). The water was pretty calm with just a few waves. We basically had the place to ourselves. The distance from the chairs to the beach wasn't that big but with such a small crowd, it didn't really matter. No one was fighting for space. Gail and Barry were terrific hosts - the rum punch is awesome and they were so sweet to our girls. We did the PAYG option which made sense for us. We will definitely return the next time we are on Antigua! 

Excuse my ignorance but what does PAYG mean? Pay as you go? Is there all inclusive and an option to pay a la carte.....just pay for what you want? If so, can you give an idea of the prices please?

Do you have to make reservations or just show up? Does the beach belong to Gail and Barry or is it a public beach?

4 hours ago, boblerm said:

Bob 

20190220_100312.thumb.jpg.405826c44ea6d072c908ad5815e86e74.jpg

20190220_110250(0).jpg

20190220_100933.jpg

20190220_095249.jpg

20190220_100741.jpg

20190220_121645.jpg

Great pics Bob! I asked my questions in the above post. Can you help with any of the questions I asked?

12 hours ago, mississauga said:

Great pics Bob! I asked my questions in the above post. Can you help with any of the questions I asked?

12 hours ago, mississauga said:

Excuse my ignorance but what does PAYG mean? Pay as you go? Is there all inclusive and an option to pay a la carte.....just pay for what you want? If so, can you give an idea of the prices please?

Do you have to make reservations or just show up? Does the beach belong to Gail and Barry or is it a public beach?

Thank you, mississauga, PAYGO means pay as you go, and it is just as you stated it, you pay for what you want a la carte.  They also have an all inclusive option, we chose the paygo.  The all inclusive, or day pass gives you beach loungers, umbrellas and watersports equipment  food and drink.  But the food and drinks are limited.  WIth paygo, you choose what you want to order. 

The day pass is $65 per person.  WIth paygo, chairs are $5 each, umbrellas $10.  Here is a link to the food menu

https://www.beachlimerz.com/food

My understanding is that all beaches in Antigua are public, so they do not "own" the beach, but they own the facility and can rent chairs, etc.  It is located on Fort James Beach, a relatively short stretch, but very pretty.   I imagine that if you just show up, they will be happy to have you IF there is availability. One of the charms of this place is that they limit capacity, never crowded!    On the other end of the beach, there is another facility, but it was far more crowded than Beachlimerz.   If you want to reserve, you need to give a deposit of $25 per person, applied to chairs, umbrellas, and any food/drinks that you may order. 

I suggest that you email Gail, info@beachlimerz.com, and she will send you a message with everything you need to know, FAQs, etc.

Enjoy!

Bob

30 minutes ago, mississauga said:

Thank you Bob. You answered all my questions. Just one more...lol. How much was the cab fare to get there? Thank you for all your help!

Happy to help! 

Cab fare is $5 per person for 4 or more, $6,I believe, for less. Cab fares are fixed by the govt. 

Gail arranged for a cab to meet us right off the pier, a super friendly reliable driver, the whole experience was seamless. 

Bear in mind too, if you are already at Beach Limerz then Fort James itself is right next door.  If you have the time, just browse around - no entrance fee, just come and go as you please.  You can soak in a bit of Antigua/Royal Navy history.

DSCN4770.JPG

DSCN4767.JPG

DSCN4785.JPG

DSCN4794.JPG

DSCN4782.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boblerm said:

Happy to help! 

Cab fare is $5 per person for 4 or more, $6,I believe, for less. Cab fares are fixed by the govt. 

Gail arranged for a cab to meet us right off the pier, a super friendly reliable driver, the whole experience was seamless. 

Thank you again. You have made our decision to go there nect time a lot easier.

• 4 weeks later...

We went to Beach Limerz on 2/28 and enjoyed a nice quiet beach day.  The waves were a little rough and did reach the rock line once in a while and come up under our chairs, but we were still able to enjoy our day.  Lunch was fantastic and worth the money alone.  

IMG_1050.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...