Tours of St Martin

That's exactly what we did last week. Just outside the gates. A great guy lived there his entire life so he really knew the history. We requested some beach time so he took us to a beautiful section of Orient he sat and waited for us. After a hour of beach time we continued on and went to Maho. With a brief lunch stop at Serafinas on our way to the airplane beach.Oh what a kick and saw some beautiful scenery and learned all about how the locals live . We were back in plenty of time and had time for alittle shopping near the pier.

When we were in St. Maarten we used Joyce Prince. She catered the day to doing exactly what we wanted. Drinks were provided (including rum punch). She was very easy to communicate with pre-cruise and we learned a lot on the tour!

We just used Bernard's two days ago & I highly recommend them. They are very professional and informative, use nice air-conditioned buses and vans, and offer free beverages the whole time (alcoholic & nonalcoholic). They have two different tours to pick from, or you can book a private tour customized to your desires. I will definitely use Bernard's again.

Bernard's tours for sure

Hmm...our Bernard's tour guide two days ago was Milkman. Coincidence?!

Edit to add: Never mind! His name was Mailman!

Edited by KelJ

Joyce Prince and Barnard's are the two most mentioned (joyously mentioned) land-based tours on Sint Maarten/St Martin.

For those you have used Joyce, I've read the thread and the recommendations for a guided tour with her company. I question however giving out a full credit card over the phone/internet and pay in FULL to secure the reservation. Why not simply take a deposit. It just sounds a little shady to me. Barnard's takes small reasonable deposit to secure the date/time.

Hmm...our Bernard's tour guide two days ago was Milkman. Coincidence?!

Edit to add: Never mind! His name was Mailman!

Mailman was our guide too.

Highly recommend Bernard's Tours!

Only problem with Bernard's was the meeting place. We were told the tourism office and it actually was in the parking lot.

Not a problem!

Orient Beach is terrific!

Have a great cruise.