Wonderland questions

I talked my family into trying Wonderland on our upcoming Anthem cruise, but I have what may be a dumb question. In other pay restaurants, you usually can order multiple starters, salads and desserts, but only one entree. But with the Wonderland menu, its not clear to me what is a starter or an entree, or if indeed there are such things. Is the idea to pick one of the elements and have your dinner consist of the items in that element? Or is it mix and match? And if so, can you order more than one item from a given element?

I mean, I'm definitely intrigued by the "adventure" of Wonderland, but just don't want to feel like I've totally gone down the rabbit hole (pun intended).

The Cuban Pork Shank and the Terroir Beef are definitely Entrée sized portions from the Earth Element. I would guess the Slow Roasted Chicken would also be.

The rest of the menu can be shared or simply be part of a 'tasting' menu.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

If you skip to The Daily Dine at

of this episode of theCruiseView one of the waiters in Wonderland on Quantum gave a full walk through of how a meal works in Wonderland.

[YOUTUBE]cJGQ9Jh4UcE[/YOUTUBE]

Unlike a traditional venue you enter with an open mind. Your waiter will start the theatrics with the presenting of the menu and get an idea of what your likes and dislikes are. He'll then come up with the perfect sampling menu for your party and of course ensure any items you specifically want are part of it. From there the food just keeps flowing. Sometimes you have tons, other times only one, but it just keeps coming out until everyone is full.

I returned from Anthem yesterday - all the restaurants serve you very quickly and some staff ask you if you have a show booked because then they will speed up the service. There was just the two of us so we would normally be finished in just over an hour.

In wonderland, the waitress asked us to pick two items from each section then said I'll pick them for you and recommended dishes - we interjected and picked our own. Have to say the starters for us were very strange - didn't enjoy but the mains were amazing and saved the day! Halibut and beef delicious and we also ordered the chicken. You can order as much as you like - our waitress in the end was pushing every dish on us.

Wonderland is not as weird as the menu sounds. I must admit I was a little apprehensive, but the food was delicious. We ordered the egg dish and the crab cones over and over again! The beef and the lamb shank were full sized portions. You will not leave hungry.

How long do you get in wonderland? Is it a whole evening sort of thing or do they expect you to leave after 2 hours

I think we arrived at 8.15 and left at 10.35pm

Never felt pushed to get out. Just when we were leaving, I mentioned the Pea Soup was excellent, and I was instantly told I could sit back down if I would like some more then my waitress would more than happily get me another one.

Great service and experience!