Host Michell

The Original Brilliance Gang (march 2003) PART 4

Good Morning

Feels warm out there have not gone out yet waiting for Lisa to go grocery shopping -

Our grass is really green and mine need cutting lawn mower guy didn't show up because of the rain I guess

Kare- no Anthem booking yet but I got good price from an online agency hope they are reliable - Charlie said he use them before they are a little cheaper and 150.00 OBC that I guess we can use towards tips.

Glad you enjoyed Neil Diamond I always like him Iknow I would have enjoyed the concert.

Udi - How is the rain today in Fl are you flooded? Narra sounds like Mamie scared of thunder - I love storms but I have to hold Mamie too or else she goes under the bed or in the shower LOL

Iz - I eat salad every day for lunch I think it is fattening LOL I am trying to lose some weight and eating salad and chicken not many carbs but it is not working -

Hope you and ***** enjoy rent tonight -

Wish Lisa would hurry up I want to get out of here -

Oh BTW Nick & Sarah went to Tennessee yesterday to the 3 day concert there they didn't get there till 11 last night and were on line - waiting to have their car searched till 1:30 so no sleep from 5 in the morning till 2 last night they are exhausted and sleeping in a tent I can't imagine but then they are young..

Oeggy

Oh Udi if he comes nearby, see him!!!

People on the floor seemed to stand but we were just slightly up the side which slopes so it didn't matter if anyone did! Some did here and there including us , but we were never blocked. You know some artists you see that are older now you're disappointed in ..they don't have it anymore , but not one bit the case with ND!

Poor Narra , my doggies always had thunderbumper issues. I used to go into the walk in closet with them until it passed and they knew ages before that it was coming too. There are thunder 'something' shirts you can get for them now, they hold them tighter and make them feel safe supposedly. Poor babies..

One doggie was so bad I had to give him a half a Valium to quieten him

which I hated doing. He was so frantic, ate his way through a French door to get where ?!?! And once when boarding despite me having told them he was a mess in storms, he impaled his jaw on their chain link fence in th dog run and I came home to him full of stitches and teeth missing. Sad..and expensive !

Later gang..

Lunch time, salad again. Tomorrow I'm getting Chinese, can't wait.

ND sounds like fun. I thought about getting tickets when he came through here, but it must've been a work night or something. And now with *****'s work schedule.

Hope ***** doesn't confuse you too much, it is Thursday I'll give him that much;)

It's sunny here and starting to heat up, supposed to be 96 on Saturday:eek:

We're going to a pub for dinner, they usually have yummy food, hope so.

Be back tomorrow, IZ

He's in NY June 15/17 Piggy ...

He must have hit Florida already ? He ends in October in London , likely he'll begin again next year. Not bad for a guy of 76!

Going to be unbearable here this weekend too ...

I'm having a BBQ Sunday for Chelsea and Taylor who are moving back to BC as he competes chiropractor college. :(

Have fun tonight Iz !

Sounds a decent OBC Piggy and if Charlie's used the company , likely fine.

I went out to water the flowers at the front and got yakking to my neighbour across the street, she's a riot. 2 hours later ...:confused:

Ok, later

Again

Good morning folks

Today is Friday June 9th

At the bus stop with Is and its late good old reliable public transportation NOT

Rent was awesome so was mybpotvroast and Is fish n chips

Sent from my LG-K330 using Forums mobile app

Good Friday Morning

All is quiet and sunny here. Thank goodness

Supposedly quiet back home too

What is everyone's plans for the weekend? We will head home on Sunday and have to head back here next Saturday. Jon is testing for his 4th degree black belt. On the beach!!! Will take our days home to regroup and repack. Lol

Going to try to head to Kohl's today and maybe get pizza for lunch.

Will be back.

Toodles

Udi

Chinese for lunch today, it has a good kick today:eek:

Fish and Chips last night was yum, but I guess it better be at a pub;)

And Rent was awesome as usual. It had been a long time since I'd seen it. I figured out I saw it first in NYC in 2002 and then touring through here is 2004. Phantom of the Opera is coming in December, I'd like to see that again, so will have to watch when single tickets go on sale.

I think I'm going to brave today's heat to wash my truck after work, then relax on the deck after. My truck is still full of oak tree pollen from our weekend at Mom's. Tomorrow we are going to a graduation party. My best friend's daughter is graduating high school! When things like this happen it makes me feel old:o

Other than that the usual chores and cleaning. Plus an extra day. I decided to take Monday off since I have plenty of vacation time now since I'm not going on the Iceland cruise and before I have to report to WP who doesn't like it when I make up hours and take less vacation.

Later, IZ

Hi - Guess what - I booked a cruise - anthem "again" but it will be a nice getaway - Jully 6th - 15th Bal. guarantee - everyone keep your fingers crossed it don't wind up in the front of the ship I hate being there

Iz - Sounds like it was fun for you and ***** last night - I saw Rent in NYC about the same time you did and Lisa saw It in Boston - It is very hot here today 80 something and going up to 90 tomorrow whew -

Udi - Good luck to Jon wow a black belt is impressive - enjoy your trip to Kohl's buy a lot LOL

Kare - Would luv to go see ND but expensive I am sure and now that I booked my cruise LOL have to save my pennies -

Elaine is here today we went to WalMart she is looking good her cheeks are filling out and I thinks he is really gaining which is wonderful - I wish I could give her 20 lbs of my weight

Oeggy

G'day mates

Meant to ask Iz, was your truck ok on the drive to your Moms? No overheating ? If you said ..I've of course (!) forgotten:rolleyes:

Good for you piggy!

Is Elaine able to go?

So thrilled she's gaining weight and feeling ok!

It will be nice for you to get away.

Congrats to Jon Udi ! Quite the achievement ..

Very hot and muggy here , looks like it could storm.

We took out the Highlander today , went to Shanan's condo with more yes more stuff. I freshened up her bthrms ( she was at work ) Terry painted a shelf he built for her Starbucks mugs , she must have 100! Then I drove the car back so we had for a few hours...maybe 4? It's nice , I think I like the feel of it better than the Lexus and the front AND back seats are heated AND cooled! Hmmmm wonder if the steering wheel is.forgot to ask.

Will look at the brochure ..

We had lunch at the middle eastern restaurant downstairs just outside her building, so delicious. I was supposed to go to Debbie's for some bday cake but had to come home to 'water' Rosie lol.

Tonight, we are going to Brenda's violin concert ..I'm so tired I'll likely do the big nod off complete with head bobbing. They're all going to a pub after but I doubt we'll go. Tomorrow ....running here and there with Shanan and Sunday the BBQ for her pals. That's our weekend ...

Have a good one!

My truck is clean:D the truck seemed fine up to Mom's and back but I haven't regained full confidence yet. It will get a big test tomorrow when it's 97 with a heat index over 100 and I drive it to the grad party. And later this year we'll do another weekend at Mom's and a weekend at Shirley's and if all goes well then I'll probably feel confident enough for a road trip.

My Mom needs a new car but she agrees with me and thinks all the current new Lexuses have ugly from ends. I'm sure the Toyotas are better looking. Heated and cooled everything would be awesome.

I'm sitting on the deck having a tini. It's not bad out here now.

My ankle is really sore right now, both my feet are swollen I'm sure that just agravates my ankle more.

I'm not sure what to have for dinner. I usually have a sandwich, but I'm kinda sick of that.

I'll be around checking in all weekend.

Iz

I agree Iz the front end is ugly...

Pj who is Jamie's brother ( Disney Fantasy Jamie ) is the GM at Lexus ( dad Gino owns along with the Toyota dealership) none of which matters lol ..oy .....has a short stubble like beard and it's trimmed in the same shape as the front end :rolleyes: man oh man I over explain !

Anyway , I don't like it ..

The Highlander is nice , only thing that would take some getting used to is when you stop even in traffic ..the engine shuts off. It starts again by itself, but you're aware of it. Doesn't really shut totally off, more like goes on standby but it's still different. Environmental feature.

Concert was good ..very warm in there though and over 2 hrs. Bit long. Brenda did a solo! Pretty impressive.

I get that about not feeling completely at ease Iz with your truck. It has to earn your trust back!

They xrayed your foot didn't they? I can't remember ..I KNOW surprise!

Okay , done like dinner. Long day ..

Night night

Good morning.

Probably last report from here. They get off ship early and should be home promptly.

Went to Kohl's and Target yesterday. Also went out for pizza. Must eat leftovers today as can't have evidence of carbs in the house. Lol. Especially pizza.

No much planned for today. Cleaning up and packing and getting ready for get-a-way. Lol

Have a great day and weekend.

Udi

Someone forgot his keys yesterday so was ringing the doorbell at 7AM:rolleyes: Well I ended up staying up since I went to bed early because the tini made me tired and my ankle hurt. No I never had an X-ray, I'm sure the bones are fine. I would need something else that looks at the tendons. I'm not sure if they put screws in ankles like they do for shoulders. I don't want to deplete my HSA account just for my ankle. It had been felling better, so for future pedis I'll just tell them to only massage my right foot and stay away from the left one.

I have some laundry going. I'll save my ironing for Sunday or Monday.

Oeggy, good for you booking a cruise! I would like to try Anthem or a Q class sometime. I hope you get a good room.

Udi and Pinky, safe travels back home tomorrow:)

I'll be back later, Iz

Good morning

Sunny and hot. I'm sitting out back with Rosie right now , then shanan will come out so I can hit the grocery store. Fun. Not. After, we will go do her running around ....

I know brenda has screws and a plate in her ankle that she broke. You can see and feel through her skin ick. The surgeon said in a year, they can remove because it really bothers her. What about physio Iz? I know the outside of one of my ankles bothered me and the PT taped it up with athletic tape and massaged it first dispersing the fluid and it was a great help. It settled down after a few times .. oooops *****! Early Saturday start then..:confused:

Here too, Terry decided to start the new garage doors at 7:30 , I'm sure the neighbours appreciated that!

Fingers crossed your stateroom is a decent one Piggy!

Safe journey home Udi and Pinky ..hide all the evidence!

What did I tell you about Terry and his no whites, he's lost 22 lbs. I hate him, for real. I should do it ...I'm too big on breads. Not good.

Have a good Saturday !!!

Good Morning - well almost afternoon - I just got back from garage sales a little while ago so I am sitting here eating salad I have to lose at least 10 lbs before this cruise I will start walking tonight that usually helps -

I just found out that Lisa''s friend AnnMarie will be on this cruise with her hubby 3 kids (older kids I think 18-22 or somewhere around that and also her hubbys parents I guess they all got balcony or suite they paid 16,000 for everyone. She lived wiith us for 5 yrs and still calls me Mom and she just had open heart surgery so It will be good to spend some time with her.

Udi - Have a great trip home and make sure you eat all that pizza

Iz - I have that tendon problem in my wrist dr. told me ice, compression and ibuprofen - does that help you - right now my wrist is killing me it's hard to type

Kare - I hate Terry too I don't know if I can give up everything white - I like my potatoes too much maybe I will try for a few days and see how I do - I don't eat bread since I am gluten free it taste too much like cardboard LOL

Ok I will be around

Oeggy

I forgot to mention that all the new city buses shut off when they're sitting still too. At first it was alarming because you think the bus is breaking down or something.

I know that ibuprofen is good for both swelling and pain, but I must have all my ibuprofen at work, I only have aspirin here. My ankle feels a lot better this morning.

I like white rice a lot and bread, I don't mind skipping potatoes. What is other white food that he doesn't eat?

I'm watching racing until ***** gets and is ready to go to the grad party.

Iz

Iz I need your help again on my new cruise - can you remove the old signature and put the new one up

Anthem of the Seas - July 6 2017

oh btw deck 11 I think it is 11056 or 8 not sure I will look tomorrow I don't like being up that high grrr maybe they will change it for me I am going to try.

Thanks Iz

He doesn't eat rice ( he'll do brown) -- potatoes -- bread and anything like pizza ( crust) muffins, cookies etc..a little pasta sometimes. That's it. For him, no seconds ...and he likes seconds. No goodies of course. For breakfast he has fruit and yoghurt with a bit of granola , lunch always a salad and then whatever I make for dinner. When I make shepherds pie for example, I make it with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes and actually, it's very good. He's very active. That helps too, did I mention I hate him?!?!?! :mad: Oh and no wine all week , weekends only ..grrrrrr.....

You have your stateroom Piggy? You don't like?

Good luck changing it ..

I told you when I did RCCL training years back what they said ? A guaranty category is a guaranty you'll get a cabin no on else wants and you best be ok with that.

:confused:

I hope you luck out and get someone that doesn't follow the rules lol

I kept thinking it's broken down Iz , first couple of times the car did that we thought that too.takes getting used to.

Glad your ankle is feeling better ...

We went all over today , did the IKEA returns and got more stuff. Then hit another store, got some nice glassware 20% off ..picked up dinner take out at Il Fornello and ate on the porch, beautiful evening, I'm really zonked.

Seems we have to go to Shanan's condo in the a.m ..wasn't planned ...but in of her NEST thermostats has gone offline and of course, she's concerned.:rolleyes:

Then I'll pick up steaks at the butcher for dinner and get sorted here. We got 2 desserts because we couldn't choose lol... Baileys cheesecake and a lemon cream cake. They WILL be taking most home with them!! Guaranteed.

Okay , time to turn the boob tube on ...later gang

Good MOrning

Kare - I really don't hate it as long as I can open the door and get a breeze I am usually happy and it was 500 more pp to pick your balcony - I didn't want to do that - Charlie is really happy he is close to the pool and the buffet - not good for me because I can't eat at the buffet

I like Terry's diet - I have salad every day for lunch too but sometimes followed by potato chips and then a snack size butterfinger LOL that's why I don't lose weight but I am so addicted to choclate

Can I come to Shannans with you I want some cheesecake - I had a dream last night that I ate a regular cake and I got soooo sick - hope it does not mean I will get glutened on RCCL.

Iz - Thank you, thank you and thank you again I am so dumb about changing my date usually I can get rid of it but this time I could not even do that - oy getting old really sucks.

Hope your ankle is okay today

Udi - You should be home today - how was your trip

Anyway I will be around I was thinking of organizing a slot pull on ANthem but not sure I want all that work - hoping someone else will do it - .

Oeggy

A thunder storm woke me up at 8:30. We got half an inch of rain, I wonder if my lawn will start to turn green again.

Oeggy, don't they have gluten free stuff marked in the buffet? How about the salad bar in the buffet. I think I saw your room. It's right by the forward elevators isn't it? I like being by elevators, I hate walking down those halls forever. We were about halfway between the elevators on Harmony it was a long walk back to the room.

I like white rice better than brown rice, even though I know brown rice is better for me. Cauliflower is white but is okay? I know what you mean about guys losing weight. Before ***** switched to nights I made our dinners more healthy, enough so ***** even snuck treats and he lost weight not me. And now with his new jobs when we bought him new work pants they were smaller than he had worn in years. If we can find his blue blazer that we bought 15 years ago it will probably fit. So we might be able to use that for cruises.

Hoping its dry enough later to grill steaks. Now I have more laundry going and I vacuumed downstairs. Will have to wait til ***** gets up to vacuum upstairs and iron.

I'll be around all day.

Iz

Iz - I just looked up my room it is 11568 is that I told you before I thought I was near the aft elevator OMG what a dummy - Ilike being near the elevators too I hate walking those long halls

so I think that potato are a yellow color they are not white does that mean I can eat them LOL

Enjoy your steaks I took out burgers for the grill but now Rich says he is not coming home till late oh well.

Oeggy

I think you lucked out and got a great room! You have other cabins above and below, so no noise concerns and close to elevators to go up or down. Is the solarium bistro a mini buffet like Harmony? There was a salad bar in the one on Harmony, that would be convenient. I want to try a Q class sometime, maybe the ne t one will sail out of Florida.

I did my ironing. Almost done with laundry. The race is going to start soon.

I'm still here.

Iz

Yes I am starting to think I should just keep the room -

Last cruise Charlie & I went to the solarium every morning for breakfast there were no crowds and it was so nice there - I could def. do that again

I wonder what small balcony means that's what my reservation says

On the deck plans it says your balcony is 55 square feet, the balcony of a D1 is 65 square feet.

I finally uploaded my pictures from Harmony. but I'm so bad at taking pictures I only took 70 pictures. And I can seem to get the flash to work correctly on my new camera, so some of the pictures are too bright:(

It's tini time. I'm waiting for ***** to get home from his meeting then we'll decide if we want to sit on the deck. It still kind of damp out there.

Tomorrow we're going to a funeral in the morning. Then I'll try to get more cleaning done on my day off.

Iz