Solarium Bistro or Devinly Decadence

I just noticed something interesting...

I am cruising with Anthem in few weeks. Devinly Decadences name changed to Solarium Bistro in my cruise planner. Do you guys know what is going on? Sample Menu has also changed. By the way, do you know if it is complimentary or ala carte on Anthem? There seems to be two different information about that.

Devinly Decadence should still be complementary on Anthem at this time.

It was always called Devinly Decadence at the Solarium Bistro.

They have removed DD from Quantum and will not have it on Ovation, so Anthem will be the only ship with the venue.

There is certainly conflicting information as on the current dining chart they show it with the $$ symbol which indicates moderate cost, but then they list it under complementary venues on the Dining Options webpage.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

We ate in Devinley Decedence a few nights ago, it's still complimentary.

You are invited to help yourself to starters and sweets. You order your main meal.

It's certainly peaceful in there compared to other restaurants. Food is very good on this ship, Royal have stepped it up a notch.

Enjoy!

I had a reservation for Devinly Decadence which showed on my cruise planner. A few weeks ago my reservation was replaced with Solarium Bistro. DD is also no longer listed as an option in the planner.

Not sure when this change will be made but it is no longer available on our sailing.

I've just checked my Cruise Planner for the Anthem TA in October, and there's no longer any Devinly Decadence listed. It's Solarium Bistro, and it says "prices starting from $0.00," which usually signifies an a la carte venue (although the "overview" doesn't say a la carte as it does for Izumi). The included venues say "complimentary."

So who knows.... :rolleyes:

I've just checked my Cruise Planner for the Anthem TA in October, and there's no longer any Devinly Decadence listed. It's Solarium Bistro, and it says "prices starting from $0.00," which usually signifies an a la carte venue (although the "overview" doesn't say a la carte as it does for Izumi). The included venues say "complimentary."

Yep, that is exactly what I was talking about! Also the sample menu is totally different now and it doesn't sound nearly as good as it was a week ago. Wonder what happened??

Just got off the Quantum yesterday and eat dinner at DD twice and breakfast once. Love their Filet Mignon in surf and turf and flourless dark chocolate cake!!

As an update, I chatted with servers, DD will be gone and it will be replaced with a fee based hotpot restaurant to cater to Chinese market. They are also holding regular meetings for the concept change.

Johnny Rockets is gone to, replaced with a Kung Fu Panda ala cart Chinese dimsum resto

• 2 months later...

Have you checked recently? I was looking at dining reservations for my January cruise and DD is listed (and it's still free). And on the main dining page it says it's free for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think the strangeness of how it shows up as $0.00 instead of complimentary is probably due to the flakiness of the Royal Caribbean website. It was probably easier to just change the price than to move it to a different category.