regal princess docked in Stockholm today?!

Gillian123

Webcam shows the Regal to be in Stockholm today as does the port news. I understood that it always goes to Nynashamn and everyone tenders from there.

We have a Baltic cruise shortly and all the cruises booked till then show Nynashamn. Does anyone know if the regal is now always going to dock in Stockholm

Webcam shows the Regal to be in Stockholm today as does the port news. I understood that it always goes to Nynashamn and everyone tenders from there.

We have a Baltic cruise shortly and all the cruises booked till then show Nynashamn. Does anyone know if the regal is now always going to dock in Stockholm

We just returned from this itinerary and were in Stockholm on June 2. At the beginning of our cruise, we were notified that the Regal had received permission to sail up the archipelago for the first time and would be docking in Stockholm, not Nynashamm - weather permitting. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and as we were leaving St. Petersburg it was announced that predictions of high winds were forcing us to return to the original schedule and tender from Nynashamm.

Glad to hear the next cruise made the trip to Stockholm. Hopefully this will continue.

Wow, awesome news! I hope the Stockholm weather is good for all this summer's Baltics voyages, and especially for ours in September! I would love to sail the archipelago and not have to worry about transportation from Nyanshamn.

On June 9, 2015 P&O's Britannia (same size as Royal-class ships) was the largest ship to sail into Stockholm.

Largest vessel ever to call at Stockholm

Published 9 Jun 2015

Britannia

On Friday 5 June 2015 the cruise ship Britannia headed to Stadsgården. With her length of 330 meters she is the largest vessel ever to have called at Port of Stockholm.

Britannia altered course from Port of Nynäshamn, which was her original place of call, and headed directly to Port of Stockholm instead. The Brittania arrived at Stadsgården in Stockholm at approximately 8.00 am and departed the same day at 5.30 pm, on route to Tallinn.

The cruise ship was delivered on 14 March 2015, after having been christened by Queen Elisabeth II.

Last updated 9 Jun 2015

http://www.portsofstockholm.com/about-us/news/2015/largest-vessel-ever-to-call-at-stockholm/

Hopefully the thick pea soup fog that in 2010 prevented the Star Princess from arriving at Stockholm will not be a common problem. The ship anchored off Nynäshamn & anyone wanting to go to Stockholm had to pay for a Princess shuttle bus.

The Port of Stockholm has a website where it's possible to search to learn about scheduled vessels calls.

http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

Wow, awesome news! I hope the Stockholm weather is good for all this summer's Baltics voyages, and especially for ours in September! I would love to sail the archipelago and not have to worry about transportation from Nyanshamn.

We are on the Regal in late July. I agree, docking in Stockholm would be fantastic for both reasons. Hopefully we get the opportunity.

We'll be going next week on the 26th. I called the company today to inquire about what piers we would be docking at in each port. The agent told me that it is Nynashamn always in Stochkholm b/c they have to tender due to the difference in water depths from the harbor to the pier. If anyone's interested I can post all the piers/terminals he gave me today.

Also found out from him that you can change to local currency for $3.00 per transaction aboard the ship using their machines or using ATMs onboard the ship.

We just returned from this itinerary and were in Stockholm on June 2. At the beginning of our cruise, we were notified that the Regal had received permission to sail up the archipelago for the first time and would be docking in Stockholm, not Nynashamm - weather permitting. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and as we were leaving St. Petersburg it was announced that predictions of high winds were forcing us to return to the original schedule and tender from Nynashamm.

Glad to hear the next cruise made the trip to Stockholm. Hopefully this will continue.

Oh it's so great that you just returned. We are wondering about outdoor touring & what sort of clothes we should take.

Thanks!!

Edited by Diag
Add something

Also found out from him that you can change to local currency for $3.00 per transaction aboard the ship using their machines or using ATMs onboard the ship.

The currency exchange machine is not an ATM.

You must insert the currency you want to exchange and will get the current local local currency in exchange.

o The exchange rate is very poor. You will pay about 8% more than if you used an ATM machine on shore.

o I doubt the fee is $3. It was $3.50 several years ago and I think they have raised it.

o If you want to exchange your unused local currency back to US $, you will receive about 15% less than you paid with the $3.50 (or higher) fee in addition.

Using the link I previously posted it shows the Regal in Stockholm & not in Nynäshamn on July 5...is that your arrival date?

I was trying to find our cruise in August but cannot see where to put in search dates....can you direct me please...the website only seems to show today,s shipsI AM LOOKING FOR REGAL PRINCESS August 18

I was trying to find our cruise in August but cannot see where to put in search dates....can you direct me please...the website only seems to show today,s shipsI AM LOOKING FOR REGAL PRINCESS August 18

It isn't very user friendly :(

Use the drop down menu to change from "In Port" to "Search by Date"

Add date as 2015-08-18 and choose to search.

Brilliance of the Sea & MSC Sinfonia show in Stockholm with the Regal at Nynäshamn on 8/18.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We just returned from a Northern Europe cruise on Holland America that spent two glorious days in Stockholm. The first day we anchored right off old town and took a five minute tender right into old town, and that day the Brittania was docked nearby. Our ship was moved at night to the dock the Brittania occupied the previous day.

That dock (cant remember the name) is within about a 20 minute or less walk into the heart of old town area where you can go to the palace and it's various museums, shop, eat, etc. It is an easy, well marked walk. There were also HOHO buses stopping right by the dock. The little port building had a small souvenir shop and the area promised free wifi, but the signal was weak to non-existent. Going to the Vasa Museum, Skaansen Park, etc, would require a boat or tour.

That change is a good thing for Regal Princess cruisers!! :) The Stockholm archipelago is gorgeous, and being able to cruise through it was one of the reasons we went with Holland America,

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

It isn't very user friendly :(

Use the drop down menu to change from "In Port" to "Search by Date"

Add date as 2015-08-18 and choose to search.

Brilliance of the Sea & MSC Sinfonia show in Stockholm with the Regal at Nynäshamn on 8/18.

thanks for the info ... shame that we wont be in Stockholm then though:(

We are scheduled for Nya. on August 7th on the Regal. I sure will hope for a change to Stockholm. But, not holding on to much.

hmmm...SPG and other private tours are scheduling Nya. pickups. Guess I better review with them pre cruise what happens if changed. Most companies double check on arrival day for changes and or delays. I presume they will too.

Sunsetbeachgal

I was on Britannia in Stockholm - Was told by the captain that we were the largest ship to ever dock in Stockholm, we were also told that because of the size and length of the ship we nearly didnt make it to Stockholm at all, Captain did some zig-zagging on the way into Stockholm

I was in the buffet restaurant when the Eurodam sailed passed our ship, made everybody look !!

I`d be surprised if Regal Princess doesnt make it into the port of Stockholm seeing as (without knowing for sure exactly) she is a sister ship (by design) to Britannia

We didnt dock in Kristiansand due to the wind, but did see Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Bruges - Fantastic holiday !!

Edited by cruisefan2012

is scheduled to dock in Stockholm tomorrow (6/18) as part of her England/Baltic cruise. Can anyone verify that she docks in Stockholm or Nynashamn? The only other ship scheduled into Stockholm is a Disney ship that arrives about an hour after the Royal.

is scheduled to dock in Stockholm tomorrow (6/18) as part of her England/Baltic cruise. Can anyone verify that she docks in Stockholm or Nynashamn? The only other ship scheduled into Stockholm is a Disney ship that arrives about an hour after the Royal.

Today's webcam shows it is at tender in Nynashamn. Link: http://www.kroooz-cams.com/royal/royal1.php

We'll be going next week on the 26th. I called the company today to inquire about what piers we would be docking at in each port. The agent told me that it is Nynashamn always in Stochkholm b/c they have to tender due to the difference in water depths from the harbor to the pier. If anyone's interested I can post all the piers/terminals he gave me today.

transaction fee is 4.50--just returned from the regal. We docked in Stockholm on an 80 deg day and was the first time princess docked there. Day the Prince got married--missed the wedding as we were on our way out. Leaving Stockholm is beautiful. hope you get to dock there.

transaction fee is 4.50--just returned from the regal. .

Can you buy all the various local currency for the ports of call on the Baltic itinerary at one time on the ship? Or do you need to buy the day before or day of for each port?

Can you buy all the various local currency for the ports of call on the Baltic itinerary at one time on the ship? Or do you need to buy the day before or day of for each port?

check the machines. I only used it twice. I brought danish ironers with me from home (got them through AAA). was in copenhagen for 2 extra days.

Should have spent more of it as I came home with some.

I think there might be a 4.50 fee for each transaction--dollars to whatever.

You could probably do all the money at one time but maybe have to pay for diff. transactions for the diff. kinds of currency. not sure.

I did not get money for Russia as I had little time to spend any and the one souvenir shop I went to took credit cards or euros or dollars.

russia felt like a rush and there was little free time.

I did use Euros(Tallin, Berlin(little free time there also), think Helsinki). Mostly I used credit cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting live from the Regal Princess, having just departed from St. Petersburg. The Captain went on the P/A this evening to announce that they have been watching the weather forecasts very carefully and today he has made the decision to dock in Stockholm instead of anchoring off Nynashamn on July 5, if weather continues to permit. He stated that sailing in and out of Stockholm is very scenic and recommended watching it. The announcement was then repeated in Spanish, and then the Shore Excursions people had to make an announcement in both English and Spanish as likely they were getting inundated with questions about whether tour tickets were still valid.