MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Ok that's it for me for the night. It's 1am and I'm tired. I have managed to get myself on a "earlier to bed" schedule again since the cruise and around midnight I am soooooo tired and dragging.

I will try to do a little bit tomorrow before heading back to work for my first day back and then I'll work on it a little more in the afternoon when I return.

Until then, thanks for joining me and leaving your comments. I really appreciate it. :)

Good Night. Like, like, like the review. Thanks so much for all your pictures and comments. We were on the Dawn on deck 12 three years ago. We cruise with NCL based on itinerary vs. ship so probably won't see the Dawn again. Although, Bermuda is one of the last to see on our to do list.

Thanks for the tour of the Dawn. She is a pretty ship. I liked seeing the setup of the sideways cabins.

I have no idea how you manage to get such detailed reviews done. I have all I can do to keep up with reading what you have written and write one quick reply. As for pictures, well, I'm still trying to organize mine from our Disney cruise this past Sept. :eek: I am so impresed with how quickly you get this done.

Kim, Its so nice to be reading another of your reviews. Seeing all the pic's of the Dawn has brought back fun memories from last November when we did a 14-day Repo from Boson to NOLA. We would try to walk the Mile every day on Deck 7 after breakfast. The mural's could have used a little sprucing up back then, but the Dawn had spent the summer going back and forth from Boston to Bermuda. I remember the day of embarkation, my daughter drove us in it was Cooooolllldddd!. We had on sweatshirts but that wasn't enough. The crew had on their winter coats! I can't wait to read your review on the Show's in Stardust Theatre. The Entertainment staff had just changed & the new shows were absolutely spectacular on our cruise.

Anxiously waiting for more!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mabones

Thanks for the awesome review Kim! I got hooked on your reviews after reading your Carnival Dream review. Was going to book the Pride for this July, but the prices were just too high, so I'm going on a quick 4-day from Jacksonville instead to celebrate my sister's birthday. I'm going on the Dawn at the end of August, so I am curious what kind of excursions your family did. That sucks that your forgot your camera charger :eek: Thank you for taking the time to write up a review-I can only imagine how time consuming they are!

Seeing all your various beautiful photos of the Dawn brings back such good memories!! The toilet paper turn down, I think depends on your room steward. We have had it done throughout our various cruises, except for a couple of them. The Dawn, Gem and Breakaway definitely. Going back to the Majesty era, I am uncertain. :D

P6101087%20copy-L.jpg

The upper decks of the ships, like 13 on the Star and Dawn, need more things like this. Not this elaborate necessarily. But it would be nice to know what is on the other side each of the doors. I hated just crossing my fingers and walking through, especially on the first couple days.

Aww, glad you are here joining me. I have been trying to get my hubby talked into an Alaskan cruise for awhile now. Actually, truth be known, I'm trying to talk myself in to it as well. I seriously HATE the cold, but I want to suck it up just for the experience and the "new" animals we would see. I know Sakari would just love it.

The Olympus Tough is an amazing camera and I love mine. Although next camera I purchase, I will probably try out the Go-Pro. But I will still carry my Olympus with me everywhere. They just do an amazing job.

I so wish I could write reviews like you, because I would convince you to go Alaska :-). We were on the May17th sailing on the Pearl and the weather and Alaska were both phenomenal! I could have been sailing on a dingy, and it still would have been an incredible trip. We had absolutely no rain and temps in the high 60s, low 70s except for the evening when it did get a tad bit chilly, but nothing a hoodie or light jacket couldn't handle.

We are Nikon DSLR peeps, but we purchased the Olympus Tough after reading one of your reviews. Love, love, love that camera! While we were in Alaska, DH lugged his DSLR and lens around and took some great pix, but I used the Olympus and my pix turned out just as good :-)

As always...loving your review!!

Edited by g35girl

Good Night. Like, like, like the review. Thanks so much for all your pictures and comments. We were on the Dawn on deck 12 three years ago. We cruise with NCL based on itinerary vs. ship so probably won't see the Dawn again. Although, Bermuda is one of the last to see on our to do list.

Good Morning. :D Glad you are liking the review and you are very welcome for the pics.

Thanks for the tour of the Dawn. She is a pretty ship. I liked seeing the setup of the sideways cabins.

I have no idea how you manage to get such detailed reviews done. I have all I can do to keep up with reading what you have written and write one quick reply. As for pictures, well, I'm still trying to organize mine from our Disney cruise this past Sept. :eek: I am so impresed with how quickly you get this done.

Haha. Yea, it's a lot of work and details...which is why I usually forget things here and there and have to go back and add something. I also do a huge scrapbook for every cruise AND do an online small 8x8 scrapbook with shutterfly for each cruise. THAT I can't seem to keep caught up on. I think I'm now about 4-5 cruises behind on it. LOL :p

Great review of the Dawn Kim! We sailed here in November of 2013 from Tampa

Thanks and glad to have you here. :D

I can't wait to read what you though about Bermuda :D

I can't wait to get to that part. I haven't even seen my pictures and I actually get to see them minutes before you guys do when I look at them and pick out the ones to share. :p

Kim, Its so nice to be reading another of your reviews. Seeing all the pic's of the Dawn has brought back fun memories from last November when we did a 14-day Repo from Boson to NOLA. We would try to walk the Mile every day on Deck 7 after breakfast. The mural's could have used a little sprucing up back then, but the Dawn had spent the summer going back and forth from Boston to Bermuda. I remember the day of embarkation, my daughter drove us in it was Cooooolllldddd!. We had on sweatshirts but that wasn't enough. The crew had on their winter coats! I can't wait to read your review on the Show's in Stardust Theatre. The Entertainment staff had just changed & the new shows were absolutely spectacular on our cruise.

Anxiously waiting for more!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to do a repo cruise like that. At least end up someplace in "warmer" climate in the end. I hate coming (and actually leaving as well) from a cooler climate. It's just not my thing.

The murals looked fabulous this cruise, so they have been working on them.

Thanks for commenting and joining me. :)

Thanks for the awesome review Kim! I got hooked on your reviews after reading your Carnival Dream review. Was going to book the Pride for this July, but the prices were just too high, so I'm going on a quick 4-day from Jacksonville instead to celebrate my sister's birthday. I'm going on the Dawn at the end of August, so I am curious what kind of excursions your family did. That sucks that your forgot your camera charger :eek: Thank you for taking the time to write up a review-I can only imagine how time consuming they are!

Hi Jinxy. :D Glad to have you here again.

Yep, the Pride cruises are very expensive. It's the most expensive cruise I have ever done...like EVER. I could sail the Getaway or Breakway for a fraction of the cost of that cruise. But it is what it is and we LOVED the ship and the places we went. It was an awesome cruise for sure and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Seeing all your various beautiful photos of the Dawn brings back such good memories!! The toilet paper turn down, I think depends on your room steward. We have had it done throughout our various cruises, except for a couple of them. The Dawn, Gem and Breakaway definitely. Going back to the Majesty era, I am uncertain. :D

Hi friend!!! I had to take a double take when I seen you had changed your picture on here to you and your son. :)

I can't wait to get to the Bermuda portion since you guys pushed me to go to Bermuda for so many years. I'm so glad I did.

All caught up Kim. Just wonderful as usual!! :)

Thank you. :)

The upper decks of the ships, like 13 on the Star and Dawn, need more things like this. Not this elaborate necessarily. But it would be nice to know what is on the other side each of the doors. I hated just crossing my fingers and walking through, especially on the first couple days.

That's a thought. I like when there's some type of direction as to where you are going or what's behind....door #2. :D

Thanks for your amazing pics! Sailing on the Dawn from NOLA for New Years! Did you have a picture of the Java Cafe may have missed it!

You are very welcome for the pics. Sorry, I do not have a picture of the Java Cafe itself...as in up close, even though I should have because we were standing there at the bar FOREVER just trying to buy our soda packages and get a drink. I should have taken that opportunity to take a few pics. :p

I so wish I could write reviews like you, because I would convince you to go Alaska :-). We were on the May17th sailing on the Pearl and the weather and Alaska were both phenomenal! I could have been sailing on a dingy, and it still would have been an incredible trip. We had absolutely no rain and temps in the high 60s, low 70s except for the evening when it did get a tad bit chilly, but nothing a hoodie or light jacket couldn't handle.

We are Nikon DSLR peeps, but we purchased the Olympus Tough after reading one of your reviews. Love, love, love that camera! While we were in Alaska, DH lugged his DSLR and lens around and took some great pix, but I used the Olympus and my pix turned out just as good :-)

As always...loving your review!!

Maybe you should try it and convince me. :D

There's a few things holding me back. One is the price, not only the cruise price to go during "decent" weather but also the price of flying to the west coast to get on the ship. Last time I checked it was crazy. Another thing holding me back with the price of the cruise is I would HAVE to have a balcony for this cruise. It's just a must. I'm a VERY cold natured person and even the 60's is cold to me. I'm that person that you will find with 3 shirts and a sweat shirt on when it's cold, long johns and pants and 2 paris of socks and boots on. I'm constantly cold...and LOVE the summer and warm weather. I keep telling my hubby I can't wait to hit menopause so that I'll be warm. :p :eek: So having a balcony so that I can stay inside behind the glass until I want to go out to take a picture or see something will be a must.

Glad to hear that you love your Olympus. Having these cameras thoroughly convinced me that I didn't need to carry the DSLR (I'm a Sony girl bc I like that you can also use Minolta lens and I got hooked after I purchased my first Sony and then when I upgrade I decided to stick with them). I completely agree about getting almost just as good pictures using it EXCEPT the only thing that is not good on the point and shoot cameras is the zoom. Things get distorted then. I have found it's best to take the picture and crop in closer if you want a close up pic. It works for me when needed. :)

Been looking forward to this review, love all your reviews and pictures!

Why thank you for the comments and glad you are here. :)