MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Just finished after starting on Sunday. Wow! Thanks so much for the great review!! We are going in August and this was so helpful for me for my planning. I am going to do a tour of the island which has great reviews and the Gosling Sunset Rum cruise. It is our first trip. (Hubby and I) without kids in 6 years so I have to say I'm looking forward to it even maybe a little extra.lol Although I'm already freaking out knowing I'm going to miss them! I'll be using my internet credit for some FaceTime!!😄

Thank you for the comments and glad that it was helpful.

Awesome to hear you get a getaway with the kids. It's really hard to leave them behind I know, but FaceTime is awesome. :)

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Ooh, how exciting that there may be another cruise in your future! Well, you do have to go to celebrate your new Platinum status, right?

And, yes, it is Carnival that recently changed the past guest party rules. I'm Gold, and could go before, but can't now. Oh well, it's not worth my getting bent out of shape over.

Heather

You are SO RIGHT! I do have to celebrate my platinum status. :D

Ok, I knew it was one of those that made changes to the "status" I just wasn't paying attention since it's no big deal to me.

Yes, I did a final thoughts review on the Dawn.

It's located HERE

Sorry to see the floods and leaks are still an issue on the ship. We sailed her in November of 2013. Myself and my wife had a mini suite on the starboard side, friends is a mini port side. One morning at 4:30am they awoke to a stream of water coming out of their ceiling, them and 6 other cabins were effected. Soaked bed and carpet, it took the crew the entire day to clean it up. Luckily it was a port day in Costa Maya, they were offered a bottle of wine. Shame to say this was their first cruise on NCL and their last. I also saw public bathroom that were closed, one smelled really bad the entire trip. We had a carpet bump about 20ft from our cabin, I was really good all week about not tripping over it until the final sea day when the dam thing got me. LOL

I say do it, book the BA.......June 12th sailing ; )

Edited by Laszlo

Congratulation to reaching Platinum, Kim! I absolutely loved your review. Keep them coming. Your writing style is just perfect. I would say that 99.9% of us truly enjoy your writing style. We don't wait, in anticipation, to read a Dick & Jane version of your trip.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm from Massachusetts & we have a wide variety of slang! It's a good thing that I don't write reviews!. I would be going straight to H.E.double-hockey sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ I sure hope you do get to go on Breakaway this year!:D I didn't like it as much as Epic or Getaway but think that was because I went on the inaugural Bermuda sailing & had read so much hype it just didn't live up to my expectations.:o Also my travel buddy was injured before the cruise & suffered during.

New York City is amazing as far as I'm concerned! SO much to see & do but then I did spend 40 years in Toronto so love cities! We docked right beside the Intrepid which was neat too!

Hope it all comes together for an amazing family cruise to Bermuda on Breakaway.

~ Jo ~ :)

I know that this won't happen, but should you and the family decide to do Breakaway on the November 8th sailing to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay, instead of Bermuda in October, I just want you to know that you all would be welcome to join us in our cabana. :D Just sayin'....

Thanks for the quick response :)

You are very welcome. :)

Sorry to see the floods and leaks are still an issue on the ship. We sailed her in November of 2013. Myself and my wife had a mini suite on the starboard side, friends is a mini port side. One morning at 4:30am they awoke to a stream of water coming out of their ceiling, them and 6 other cabins were effected. Soaked bed and carpet, it took the crew the entire day to clean it up. Luckily it was a port day in Costa Maya, they were offered a bottle of wine. Shame to say this was their first cruise on NCL and their last. I also saw public bathroom that were closed, one smelled really bad the entire trip. We had a carpet bump about 20ft from our cabin, I was really good all week about not tripping over it until the final sea day when the dam thing got me. LOL

I say do it, book the BA.......June 12th sailing ; )

Oh my gosh. That would suck with the water coming in like that. Yikes.

I managed to miss the bumps this cruise...thank goodness, I have had enough "hurts" to last me during cruising for awhile. ;) :p

June 12th sailing...that's a little long to wait. :eek: :p

??????? :p

??????? :p :confused: ??????? :D

Congratulation to reaching Platinum, Kim! I absolutely loved your review. Keep them coming. Your writing style is just perfect. I would say that 99.9% of us truly enjoy your writing style. We don't wait, in anticipation, to read a Dick & Jane version of your trip.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm from Massachusetts & we have a wide variety of slang! It's a good thing that I don't write reviews!. I would be going straight to H.E.double-hockey sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the congrats. It's definitely a milestone for me. :D

Glad you loved the review and I will definitely keep them coming to the best of my ability. (I feel like just going ahead and packing my charger now!!!)

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ I sure hope you do get to go on Breakaway this year!:D I didn't like it as much as Epic or Getaway but think that was because I went on the inaugural Bermuda sailing & had read so much hype it just didn't live up to my expectations.:o Also my travel buddy was injured before the cruise & suffered during.

New York City is amazing as far as I'm concerned! SO much to see & do but then I did spend 40 years in Toronto so love cities! We docked right beside the Intrepid which was neat too!

Hope it all comes together for an amazing family cruise to Bermuda on Breakaway.

~ Jo ~ :)

Well, since we have been on the Getaway, I assume the Breakaway is going to be close to the same experience (as far as sailing).

I can honestly say that we did not enjoy the GA as much as the Epic either. I think there will never be another cruise like that one. :( The Epic is just one of a kind and our favorite to date.

I hope it comes together for us as well. The kids are all over right now and trying to figure things out. LOL :p

Prices are so high right now. Final payment for us is due in just over two weeks. You may be able to get a bargain after that and hopefully KSF will still be offered.

That's the thing I'm wondering and worried about...the KSF ending. It has lasted for so long now that I'm afraid it's going to end. If it does, that will make up my decision to not go at all. :(

I know that this won't happen, but should you and the family decide to do Breakaway on the November 8th sailing to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Great Stirrup Cay, instead of Bermuda in October, I just want you to know that you all would be welcome to join us in our cabana. :D Just sayin'....

Haha, it would be awesome to join you in the cabana but not so awesome to do the Bahamas. Honestly, I hope I never have to do another Bahamas cruise. They just don't excite me and I always find that it's just not the same, nor is the weather. :( I swear every time I will never book another that goes to places like Nassau or Freeport. LOL GSC on the other hand....:D Love it there.

Prices are so high right now. Final payment for us is due in just over two weeks. You may be able to get a bargain after that and hopefully KSF will still be offered.

I thought I had read that you were sailing on the last Bermuda cruise for the Dawn this year, which I am also on, 10/23. Just wondering why your final payment is due in a few weeks? I don't think our final is until the beginning of August. Just curious.

Sail date is 10/18-10/25. Final payment due 7/16. We booked with the online TA and I questioned that early date at the time. I was told there was some leeway of several weeks but preferred final payment was 7/16. My DD booked with a different TA and her final payment was also mid July.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WISHING I WOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND DO BREAKAWAY...YOU MAY GET YOUR WISH...SOONER THAN LATER. :D

(Kendra just messaged me saying she talked my oldest son-that hasn't cruised with us since he was in his teens and he's now 28-into cruising with us on the Breakaway and she informed me we will be going in October. :eek: If I have my say, I'll chose September...just saying). <---scared about the weather being too cool then. Should I start researching and planning yet? LOL

Woohooo!!!

I so wish I could write reviews like you, because I would convince you to go Alaska :-). We were on the May17th sailing on the Pearl and the weather and Alaska were both phenomenal! I could have been sailing on a dingy, and it still would have been an incredible trip. We had absolutely no rain and temps in the high 60s, low 70s except for the evening when it did get a tad bit chilly, but nothing a hoodie or light jacket couldn't handle.

We are Nikon DSLR peeps, but we purchased the Olympus Tough after reading one of your reviews. Love, love, love that camera! While we were in Alaska, DH lugged his DSLR and lens around and took some great pix, but I used the Olympus and my pix turned out just as good :-)

As always...loving your review!!

Hi Mitsugirly!

We loved the Dawn and your review is AWESOME! I am also on a mission to sail every NCL ship! I have a lot of catching up to do!

We sail to Bermuda again but on the Breakaway this time. Taking our daughter925) and Granddaughter(5) it will be their first cruise. I am so nervous about our GD but your post remind me children cruise all the time and she will have fun!

Hi G35girl!

Yes, we both could convince Mitsugirly to go to Alaska and Seattle is a very cool city! The scenery was unreal! The Weather Fanatstic...Pictures O my we have over 1000!

The Pearl I felt was ok BUT the GI issue seemed to detract from our cruise just a bit.

:):) Jean

We have not been to Bermuda, but were planning at some point to go there on a cruise.

We live on coastal Georgia next to the beach and don't do the beach when on a cruise or trip.

What is there to do in Bermuda if you don't do beaches?

We did not do any beaches when we went to Bermuda.

Look up the Hamilton Town Crier walking tour, that was great! The man who does them is named Ed and you meet him at the Town Hall in Hamilton I think it is at 10am and I am not sure if those are still going on.

We explored the fort in the Dockyard area. Rode the buses all over the island LOL!

Explored the caves (they are ok but not as good as ones we have seen in Virginia). Walked around all the shops in downtown Hamilton and the Dockyard area. Saw a fantastic parade/bag pipers/band in the dockyard one night. Wanted to mini golf and regular golf ran out of time. That means we have to go back and we are next May!!!

Kim,

Congratulations on becoming Platinum. I got Platinum after our Getaway cruise in May!

Currently we are onboard the Carnival Magic. Yesterday we went to Mr. Sanchos and I can confirm that they do have palapa beds with drapes - I believe you actually photographed the bases in your review, but they were not complete at that time. The new huge structure you photographed was a restaurant. With our cabana package we got a red rose, 2 massages (30 minute relaxation). We also did the fish pedicure just for fun. What do you know? It works! Thanks for the Mr. Sanchos review!

This just made me realize why Frozen had those random trolls with healing powers... the things you learn from Cruise Critic. I always wondered why trolls appeared in that movie!

I guess I need to watch Frozen now. LOL Or I could just ask Sakari right? :p

Sail date is 10/18-10/25. Final payment due 7/16. We booked with the online TA and I questioned that early date at the time. I was told there was some leeway of several weeks but preferred final payment was 7/16. My DD booked with a different TA and her final payment was also mid July.

I agree. When you book with certain agents, they make your final payment due before the cruise line does. It gives them time to get the payment into the cruiseline I guess. I did have an agent that did this before. :(

Woohooo!!!

I know right? :D

Hi Mitsugirly!

We loved the Dawn and your review is AWESOME! I am also on a mission to sail every NCL ship! I have a lot of catching up to do!

We sail to Bermuda again but on the Breakaway this time. Taking our daughter925) and Granddaughter(5) it will be their first cruise. I am so nervous about our GD but your post remind me children cruise all the time and she will have fun!

Hi G35girl!

Yes, we both could convince Mitsugirly to go to Alaska and Seattle is a very cool city! The scenery was unreal! The Weather Fanatstic...Pictures O my we have over 1000!

The Pearl I felt was ok BUT the GI issue seemed to detract from our cruise just a bit.

:):) Jean

Glad you enjoyed the review and good luck with sailing the entire fleet. When you get toward then end with only a few ships to go, it becomes challenging to find one that will work for you and the dates. LOL But it's still fun to try.

Alaska=on my to do list. :)

Kim,

Congratulations on becoming Platinum. I got Platinum after our Getaway cruise in May!

Currently we are onboard the Carnival Magic. Yesterday we went to Mr. Sanchos and I can confirm that they do have palapa beds with drapes - I believe you actually photographed the bases in your review, but they were not complete at that time. The new huge structure you photographed was a restaurant. With our cabana package we got a red rose, 2 massages (30 minute relaxation). We also did the fish pedicure just for fun. What do you know? It works! Thanks for the Mr. Sanchos review!

TAKE UPDATED PICS!!! I want to see this new pool and area they expanded on. Well darn, I mean it's only like midnight here and you already went, so I am probably too late. :p Hopefully you'll come back with pics Suite!

I will so do the pedi if I go back. It looked...interesting!

Let me know how you like the Magic...it's on my to-do list too!

I GOT THIS NOTICE TODAY. DOES THIS MEAN I'M FAMOUS? HEHEHEHEHE :D:p

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Congratulations! One of your photos has been selected to represent St George's Visitor Information Center on TripAdvisor websites around the world.

Thank you for uploading your photo. Since St George's Visitor Information Center didn't already have an official photo on TripAdvisor, your photo will help travelers see what it looks like.

We appreciate your important contributions to the community and hope you'll continue sharing your travel photos and reviews.

Thank you.

-The TripAdvisor Content Team

• Like 1

Glad you loved the review and I will definitely keep them coming to the best of my ability. (I feel like just going ahead and packing my charger now!!!)

Have you thought about buying a spare charger and putting it in a piece of luggage you know you will take on every cruise and just leaving it there? That is one wayto be sure you will never forget your charger again. :eek:

Not that I would ever forget anything like that! :D Seriously, I have a whole collection of cruise supplies that I just keep packed so I don't forget them. Works like a charm, and leaves me free to concentrate on the rest of my planning without having to worry that I might forget any necessities.