1st time in Interior Cabim

Had plenty of balconies, never did see one dolphin or much of anything. Oh there was a hummingbird once. Other ships, wow! I can see them on deck too or wait until we pull into the next port. Continental Breakfast delivered to my balcony (remember not hot stuff on Carnival)? Not romantic. Especially since we don't eat breakfast. I don't need a balcony or window to know I'm on a cruise. The orange decor and light on the outside of the bathroom remind me of that.

As far a being a crappy room, they are my favorite. I get the best nights sleep in the total dark. I say this as I am wide awake earlier than I want to be on my day off because the sun has been poking through my 5 windows in my bedroom since 6AM even with blackout curtains! Guess what? Never do I sit and look out my bedroom windows. In fact I would be thrilled if it didn't have any!

A hotel is a temporary stay usually for one night. Oftentimes there's really nothing to see outside depending where you stay at anyway. I don't stare out those windows except if I stay by the port and have a good view, but more times than not we're by the airport. Hotel rooms aren't important to me.

I feel like I'm on a cruise and connected with the sea from the time I step on the ship until I hear the last ding of my S&S card. There is so much to do. Get out of your room and experience it. I don't need to pay twice as much not to have a "crappy" room as you say. I love my insides. They are perfect. And I get to truly be connected with the sea more at least twice a year as opposed to just once. Get me on the ship and I will have a fabulous time no matter where I sleep. I have ocean breezes and air all around me.

Sounds like you should stick to Princess and your balconies. The rest of us third class citizens will have a WONDERFUL time in Steerage. Remember the movie "Titanic"? I would rather party and hang out with those people than be stuck up top "connected to the sea" with the likes of the Snobs.

What people like is up to them. To insist that all inside rooms are horrible and the people that can't (or don't want to afford) a balcony will be miserable is simply not true. It may be for you, but not for probably the other 99% of people that travel in them.

I set plenty of sea, sun, and fun as soon as wake up, get dressed, and start my day. You do realize they let us steerage people out on deck just like the people who paid two to three times more than I did, right? SMH.

No need for the sarcasm..so, according to you, only people with inside cabins can enjoy cruises, and the rest are snobs?? BTW, studies have shown that 82% of cruisers prefer balconies over insides .You are in the minority..much of what you say is fine for you, but most other people who save their money & stay at a resort for a week want a nice room & nice view,..few people come to me and say "I want a crummy hotel & crummy room with no view"..in fact, just last week a friend called and asked about all- inclusives in Cancun..right away, he said, "I want something nice, with a nice view of the beach..nothing XXX"..notice he didn't ask for a room with a view of the garbage dumps...I have sent hundreds of people on cruises & hotel vacations, & most ask for something with a nice view....correct, what people like is fine...you are entitled to your opinion...I just sent ( I'm a cruise agent) a friend of mine & her mother-in- law on their first balcony after 6 straight inside cabins..she is a self confessed inside cabin person, self confessed "cheapo" , self confessed, "I'm never in my cabin", and self confessed "it's not worth it" person..she just got off the Carnival Victory on a 5 nighter 3 days ago ( Sat)..I asked how she liked her first balcony, and she glowed and said, "OMG, it was FANTASTIC- we did everything you said..breakfast on the balcony 3x, went out there 5-6x a day, sunsets, seeing the ports as we pulled in, other cruise ships going by, the seeing the calmness under the moonlight, and just sitting out there with my mother-in-law was soooo nice"..I asked,

"so now what do you think of balconies after 4 straight inside cabins? Was it worth it? Didn't you feel MORE like you were actually on a ship, rather than in a hotel room? Want another mole-like cabin again?".."Ok, I admit you were right, OK? I know I've been stubborn & stupid all these years, and yes, it was 100% better with a balcony and now I want a balcony every time..."..And it is NOT 2-3 x more money..no need for sarcasm...this is why so many people don't like CC, they say soooo many people are rude, wise guys, bashers..about a year ago I was on the MSC Divina doing a tour and I sat at lunch with 5-6 other agents and while we were discussing ships we had cruised, I mentioned a review I read on CC..several of the agents said,"oh we don't go on that site anymore, too many haters , too many obnoxious and so much ** is posted"....one male agent looked at me and said, " too many whiners & complainers, and G-d forbid you give an opinion that's not like theirs"...pretty sad IMO...

Our first cruise we had a balcony. It was great! Our second and third cruises we had interior rooms and did upgrade during one of those cruises to a mini-suite. The next 2 cruises we have scheduled we have booked interior rooms. Depends on if you want to pay less for the cruise and use the extra money for excursions, drinks, etc. The interior rooms are not bad. I actually sleep better in them, almost too much;)

I book what I can afford, and also have found that when it is nice to know that I have a balcony, we spend so little time on it, it is better to save the money and book an inside. As for crappy rooms, the two very best cabins I have had were insides. The inside J/K cabins on HAL are so much larger than OV and balcony, I book those and mark mu reservation NO UPgrade unless to suite. And I had an inside on Diamond Princess that was really a suite without a balcony.

Leaving the TV on the bridgecam gives you the indication when morning is coming, and often there is a subtle glow that acts as a nightlight. On HAL, the HAL logo on the corner of the screen served that purpose.

Just a caveat: There are travel agents on these forums that will make larger commission if they can convince clients that inside cabins are undesirable. EM

I book what I can afford, and also have found that when it is nice to know that I have a balcony, we spend so little time on it, it is better to save the money and book an inside. As for crappy rooms, the two very best cabins I have had were insides. The inside J/K cabins on HAL are so much larger than OV and balcony, I book those and mark mu reservation NO UPgrade unless to suite. And I had an inside on Diamond Princess that was really a suite without a balcony.

Leaving the TV on the bridgecam gives you the indication when morning is coming, and often there is a subtle glow that acts as a nightlight. On HAL, the HAL logo on the corner of the screen served that purpose.

Just a caveat: There are travel agents on these forums that will make larger commission if they can convince clients that inside cabins are undesirable. EM

And you think these agents will book people on this website? You know little about the rules on Cruise Critic..agents are NOT allowed to use their full names, even first names, OR say where they live...so your point is ??? BTW, inside cabins on HAL are between 151 SF -233 SF on the Noordam ships and 141 SF -284 SF on the Eurodam class..the smaller 50-62,000 ton ships are 141- 293 SF..balconies are 212- 379 SF on the Eurodam & Noordam ships, and 221-273 SF on the smaller ships...again, what you like, others may hate..I know people who ONLY cruise in suites, some only balconies, others inside or window..I have had plenty of people who have come back from insides & told me it was awful..FEW have come back from a suite or balcony & said it was awful..facts are facts...and not spending enough time on your balcony is YOUR fault- not the cruise line or ship..take responsibility for using/ not using your perqs...if I don't use the ship's specialty venues, that doesn't mean they were no good..same with the spa, gym, etc...if you are an elite member of a cruise line & don't use your freebies or perqs, shame on you, not the ship...

No need for the sarcasm..so, according to you, only people with inside cabins can enjoy cruises, and the rest are snobs?? BTW, studies have shown that 82% of cruisers prefer balconies over insides .You are in the minority..much of what you say is fine for you, but most other people who save their money & stay at a resort for a week want a nice room & nice view,..few people come to me and say "I want a crummy hotel & crummy room with no view"..in fact, just last week a friend called and asked about all- inclusives in Cancun..right away, he said, "I want something nice, with a nice view of the beach..nothing XXX"..notice he didn't ask for a room with a view of the garbage dumps...I have sent hundreds of people on cruises & hotel vacations, & most ask for something with a nice view....correct, what people like is fine...you are entitled to your opinion...I just sent ( I'm a cruise agent) a friend of mine & her mother-in- law on their first balcony after 6 straight inside cabins..she is a self confessed inside cabin person, self confessed "cheapo" , self confessed, "I'm never in my cabin", and self confessed "it's not worth it" person..she just got off the Carnival Victory on a 5 nighter 3 days ago ( Sat)..I asked how she liked her first balcony, and she glowed and said, "OMG, it was FANTASTIC- we did everything you said..breakfast on the balcony 3x, went out there 5-6x a day, sunsets, seeing the ports as we pulled in, other cruise ships going by, the seeing the calmness under the moonlight, and just sitting out there with my mother-in-law was soooo nice"..I asked,

"so now what do you think of balconies after 4 straight inside cabins? Was it worth it? Didn't you feel MORE like you were actually on a ship, rather than in a hotel room? Want another mole-like cabin again?".."Ok, I admit you were right, OK? I know I've been stubborn & stupid all these years, and yes, it was 100% better with a balcony and now I want a balcony every time..."..And it is NOT 2-3 x more money..no need for sarcasm...this is why so many people don't like CC, they say soooo many people are rude, wise guys, bashers..about a year ago I was on the MSC Divina doing a tour and I sat at lunch with 5-6 other agents and while we were discussing ships we had cruised, I mentioned a review I read on CC..several of the agents said,"oh we don't go on that site anymore, too many haters , too many obnoxious and so much ** is posted"....one male agent looked at me and said, " too many whiners & complainers, and G-d forbid you give an opinion that's not like theirs"...pretty sad IMO...

Crummy is subjective. I had a crummy time in my last balcony on Carnival. Why? Because of the constant balcony door slammers next door. That was the worst room I had ever had. Not because of the actual room, but because I couldn't get any sleep! So much so that I swore off balconies forever on Carnival and haven't been in one since. I was even offered a FREE upgrade from OV to balcony and I told them NO WAY!!!!

While your statistics say people "prefer" balconies, that could mean a lot of things. I prefer one on Celebrity vs an inside because they have sliding glass doors as opposed to the regular ones Carnival has. But that doesn't mean I will pay more for one. I prefer Filet Mignon, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy it at the store tonight instead of a Sirloin.

All Inclusive Hotels are different. They don't change scenery everyday so the room is much more important to me in that case. However, I no longer do them anymore due to the value that I get in my beautiful, quiet, dark inside state room.

Oh, and I don't need sarcasm when posting. It is a FACT that I can and have gotten better deals with certain rates (especially when they run solo specials) in an interior that would have cost me 2-3 times more in a balcony. But if you truly are a "Cruise Agent", then you should know this. I'm glad I take care of my own arrangements!

So quit referring to all insides as "crummy" and telling the OP that they will hate it because almost most everyone does. Typically speaking, insides sell out faster than balconies. One reason may be because there are less of them, but I bet if you broke down the ratio, it would still be true.

As long as I'm on the ship whether it's in the Penthouse or a broom closet - I'm happy! I'll save my money for the other things to do while I'm there. On a cruise ship, the room is simply a place to recharge. It's not the destination.

Crummy is subjective. I had a crummy time in my last balcony on Carnival. Why? Because of the constant balcony door slammers next door. That was the worst room I had ever had. Not because of the actual room, but because I couldn't get any sleep! So much so that I swore off balconies forever on Carnival and haven't been in one since. I was even offered a FREE upgrade from OV to balcony and I told them NO WAY!!!!

While your statistics say people "prefer" balconies, that could mean a lot of things. I prefer one on Celebrity vs an inside because they have sliding glass doors as opposed to the regular ones Carnival has. But that doesn't mean I will pay more for one. I prefer Filet Mignon, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy it at the store tonight instead of a Sirloin.

All Inclusive Hotels are different. They don't change scenery everyday so the room is much more important to me in that case. However, I no longer do them anymore due to the value that I get in my beautiful, quiet, dark inside state room.

Oh, and I don't need sarcasm when posting. It is a FACT that I can and have gotten better deals with certain rates (especially when they run solo specials) in an interior that would have cost me 2-3 times more in a balcony. But if you truly are a "Cruise Agent", then you should know this. I'm glad I take care of my own arrangements!

So quit referring to all insides as "crummy" and telling the OP that they will hate it because almost most everyone does. Typically speaking, insides sell out faster than balconies. One reason may be because there are less of them, but I bet if you broke down the ratio, it would still be true.

As long as I'm on the ship whether it's in the Penthouse or a broom closet - I'm happy! I'll save my money for the other things to do while I'm there. On a cruise ship, the room is simply a place to recharge. It's not the destination.

I did NOT say THEY will hate it..I said "I" hated it..you don't read..and is this not a board where people share their opinions? To me the cabin ( it's not a room, BTW) is part of the destination..we love going to our balcony & seeing the water, waves, great rain storms, islands, cruise ships passing by, looking at the sunsets while sipping a drink, or just sitting out there reading the daily program & falling asleep to the waves, sea ,wind & salt air..sounds horrible, doesn't it? Not everyone is like you and sees the cabin as a place to change & sleep..it IS a sanctuary to me & many others- if you have the right cabin , that is..I certainly didn't look forward to going to my inside cabin..in fact, I dreaded it..if you think 4 walls & a bathroom are nicer than a balcony where you can see the waves, feel the sun, salt air, enjoy romantic sunsets, see all the wonders of the sea right at your footsteps, then you can have your inside cabin..me, I'll take adventure & the sea every time...

I had an interior cabin on my last 4 cruises. I've never had a complaint. As others have posted, leave the light on in the bathroom and close the door. That will give you enough light to make it to the bathroom during the night. And leave the tv turned to the webcam overnight. You will see when morning is near from the webcam. I have cruised with friends that had balconies and we were always together and doing things outside of the cabin. It was their preference to have a balcony. However, we spent the same amount of time in our cabins.....only to sleep, shower and change clothes. My last cruise was the first time with 3 in an interior. Again, no complaints. We just laid down and relaxed as others showered and got dressed to avoid bumping into each other. I upgraded to an oceanview on my current booking only because the price was right. Personally, I cant imagine how a cabin could make or break anyone's cruise experience. All of the fun is outside of the cabin.....

I had an interior cabin on my last 4 cruises. I've never had a complaint. As others have posted, leave the light on in the bathroom and close the door. That will give you enough light to make it to the bathroom during the night. And leave the tv turned to the webcam overnight. You will see when morning is near from the webcam. I have cruised with friends that had balconies and we were always together and doing things outside of the cabin. It was their preference to have a balcony. However, we spent the same amount of time in our cabins.....only to sleep, shower and change clothes. My last cruise was the first time with 3 in an interior. Again, no complaints. We just laid down and relaxed as others showered and got dressed to avoid bumping into each other. I upgraded to an oceanview on my current booking only because the price was right. Personally, I cant imagine how a cabin could make or break anyone's cruise experience. All of the fun is outside of the cabin.....

You are right..it will not make or break anything...BUT,you are wrong about all of the fun is outside your cabin- that's probably because you haven't sat on your balcony with a beer and enjoy the views, sights & smells- HUGE difference!! There are advantages that you can only get in a balcony..read this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1947393

People have said this is the best balcony thread they have ever read...read the posts that follow - so many positive posts..nobody "hang out" in an inside cabin..BUT, plenty hang out in their cabin to enjoy PRIVATELY the wonders of the sea..we LOVE hanging out there, but again, no one I know would say, "let's go back to my inside cabin & enjoy the sea & the views"...again, just my preference, too...

Oh, and if you just HAVE to see the waves and feel the sea salt in your face....there's a lil place called the Lido deck that will give u a full cruise experience [emoji3]

NOT private nor romantic like your own, trust me!!

I did NOT say THEY will hate it..I said "I" hated it..you don't read..and is this not a board where people share their opinions? To me the cabin ( it's not a room, BTW) is part of the destination..we love going to our balcony & seeing the water, waves, great rain storms, islands, cruise ships passing by, looking at the sunsets while sipping a drink, or just sitting out there reading the daily program & falling asleep to the waves, sea ,wind & salt air..sounds horrible, doesn't it? Not everyone is like you and sees the cabin as a place to change & sleep..it IS a sanctuary to me & many others- if you have the right cabin , that is..I certainly didn't look forward to going to my inside cabin..in fact, I dreaded it..if you think 4 walls & a bathroom are nicer than a balcony where you can see the waves, feel the sun, salt air, enjoy romantic sunsets, see all the wonder of the sea right at your footsteps, then you can have your inside cabin..me, I'll take adventure & the sea every time...

You also said that inside rooms are SUPPOSED to be crappy. No they're not. Not in the present day. I'm glad you enjoy your balcony as I did when I was on Celebrity. It is the way you come across basically saying that anyone that likes interior rooms must be crazy and because they don't want to pay more that their experience couldn't possibly live up to yours in your high and mighty balcony.

Well I'm here to tell you that I don't need the ocean spray or the moonlight or whatever to be romantic. I could be anywhere in the world and as long I'm with the right person, that's all I need. In fact, some of my best memories have been in a cabin that wasn't a balcony. And that's all I'm going to say about that ;) Oh, and there is adventure wherever I am - balcony or not! :p

I will leave you with this. Everyone has their preferences. You despise insides as I despise balcony door slammers. Just because some things are important to you doesn't mean they are to others. Did I say that 4 walls and a bathroom are "nicer" than a balcony? No. Do I prefer to save money and be happy in my inside cabin? Yes. Again, not everyone needs a balcony. And while you enjoy yours, I will enjoy my inside. No need to knock them. They don't work for you. Fine. Just say that. No need to keep bashing those of us that like them by telling us what we're supposedly missing out on. It's obvious we don't consider the same things important.

To the OP - have a wonderful cruise. I would rather cruise in a "lesser" (to some) cabin than be stuck at home. Bon Voyage!

Though we've never booked an inside cabin, I've read that people turned the TV to the bridge cam channel at bedtime. As the sun rose, the cabin wasn't as dark and they knew it was morning.

This is what we do! Turn the sound off and you can "see" when the sun comes up.

I have been in every kind of room and have no complaints. A cruise is wonderful in any category. Something that has not been mentioned about an interior room is an experience I had years ago. The stabilizer got stuck and the ship took a 30 degree list. I looked up (Out of my sleep) and there was the door (the only exit)3/4th of the way up the wall. I realized I could never have gotten out but fortunately the ship did right itself. It hasn't stopped me from booking inside on occasion, especially now that I am alone and have to pay double.

I've done inside, outside and balcony. Yes a balcony is nice (if only for the fresh air), but it does often go wasted if you don't have the nice weather.

I read a good tip recently about leaving your TV on the ship cam channel (with the sound down) so you get bit of an idea of what time it is!

I'm booked on Royal Caribbean next year with a virtual balcony. Looking forward to trying this.

I've done inside, outside and balcony. Yes a balcony is nice (if only for the fresh air), but it does often go wasted if you don't have the nice weather.

I read a good tip recently about leaving your TV on the ship cam channel (with the sound down) so you get bit of an idea of what time it is!

I'm booked on Royal Caribbean next year with a virtual balcony. Looking forward to trying this.

Sorry, had I read the thread thoroughly I would see the tip re webcam channel has already been mentioned :)

Had plenty of balconies, never did see one dolphin or much of anything. Oh there was a hummingbird once. Other ships, wow! I can see them on deck too or wait until we pull into the next port. Continental Breakfast delivered to my balcony (remember not hot stuff on Carnival)? Not romantic. Especially since we don't eat breakfast. I don't need a balcony or window to know I'm on a cruise. The orange decor and light on the outside of the bathroom remind me of that.

As far a being a crappy room, they are my favorite. I get the best nights sleep in the total dark. I say this as I am wide awake earlier than I want to be on my day off because the sun has been poking through my 5 windows in my bedroom since 6AM even with blackout curtains! Guess what? Never do I sit and look out my bedroom windows. In fact I would be thrilled if it didn't have any!

A hotel is a temporary stay usually for one night. Oftentimes there's really nothing to see outside depending where you stay at anyway. I don't stare out those windows except if I stay by the port and have a good view, but more times than not we're by the airport. Hotel rooms aren't important to me.

I feel like I'm on a cruise and connected with the sea from the time I step on the ship until I hear the last ding of my S&S card. There is so much to do. Get out of your room and experience it. I don't need to pay twice as much not to have a "crappy" room as you say. I love my insides. They are perfect. And I get to truly be connected with the sea more at least twice a year as opposed to just once. Get me on the ship and I will have a fabulous time no matter where I sleep. I have ocean breezes and air all around me.

Sounds like you should stick to Princess and your balconies. The rest of us third class citizens will have a WONDERFUL time in Steerage. Remember the movie "Titanic"? I would rather party and hang out with those people than be stuck up top "connected to the sea" with the likes of the Snobs.

What people like is up to them. To insist that all inside rooms are horrible and the people that can't (or don't want to afford) a balcony will be miserable is simply not true. It may be for you, but not for probably the other 99% of people that travel in them.

I set plenty of sea, sun, and fun as soon as wake up, get dressed, and start my day. You do realize they let us steerage people out on deck just like the people who paid two to three times more than I did, right? SMH.

:DGreat retaliatory reply to Big Al's post. Don't get me wrong, I love balconies but that Big Ass post from Big Al was just too much!:D Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and reason to book one over the other....how dare he judge!

Edited by Arzeena

• 2 weeks later...
We had one once in 1981 and that was the last time.

We had a clock and woke up and thought it was 1am so we went back to sleep. Turns out it was 1pm. We ended up missing Nassau.

We found we only were in the cabin to shower and sleep because it was so claustrophobic. Now, if we can't get a balcony or a suite we pass on the cruise, even if they are giving them away.

I prefer a balcony, but I'll take an ocean view. I need daylight!

The more I look at the cruise ship options the more I debate on trying interior or have something with a balcony. Personally, I use to get car sickness growing up living out in the country with all the hills and the sun light, I eventually figured out after couple years I needed window rolled down b/c the air in the car was making me feel bad (never had any accidents) so I'm pretty sure part of me leans towards balcony if I have any issues with the ship it is not having fresh air.

I think maybe respecting everyone's opinion might be positive. I haven't decided yet, I'm researching my options because I'm ready for a vacation; I'd like to do something different. I think everyone has some good points to consider.

• 4 weeks later...

I did 4 years in the US Navy, 3 of which were on a Destroyer and sailed the med, Atlantic and Caribbean in an inside cabin. I also chartered 39 foot sail boats and sailed the Caribbean many times in an inside cabin. My wife and I have been on 18 cruises so far and always book an inside cabin. We currenly have 3 future cruises booked in an inside cabin. Only sleep and shower in cabin so why spend the extra money. Each person can do what they want and prefer. Enough said.

I have always done interior becuase of sea sickness on 4 cruises. On my 5th I tried a balcony cabin and I loved it. However, for my upcomming 6th cruise I booked an interior. I think any time you are fortunate enough to go on vacation after much hard work of saving and planning the cruise itself is the reward. It all depends on type of vacation plan. For example I would not splurge on a balcony for my 4 day cruise to Canada but I may for a longer Alaska cruise.

My thoughts exactly.

I like interiors because the darkness provides the perfect setting for an afternoon nap. I wouldn't mind a balcony, but I would never pay for one.

I've enjoyed reading this thread as our next cruise is a large interior cabin in the Med - there was too big a difference in cost for anything above an inside - in October and I will definitely try the bridge cam as its our first time inside.

We've gone on balconies (upgraded for free first time and then they had us! Lol) in the Caribbean but a lot depends on the itinerary, for me. In the Carib, it's warm, you can sit outside, you can dry your bathing suit outside etc. and we did.

Our med cruise is very port intensive and we're off the ship every day, all day, so we couldn't justify the very big difference in rate. We decided we'd rather spend the extra for our wonderful excursions :)

Edited by hun

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked my first cruise and got a balcony room. I questioned if it was a waste since we leave from NYC Dec. 23 and it'll be cold, but your post just made me realize just how awesome the balcony decision will be! Since first timer I'm a little afraid of getting seasick. Do you have any experience traveling from NYC to Caribbean Holiday week? How rough? Any other tips?

How was it? It stunk! It's SUPPOSE TO stink...you get what you pay for- 4 walls, a bed & tiny bathroom...no sun, no salt air & wind at your face ( a biggie for me), no seeing the waves, the islands, the dolphins swim up next to the ship, no nothing...people say, they are not in their cabin much- that's because you have a crappy cabin! I HATED going back to my 122 SF broom closet...NEVER again..we tried a balcony on Princess in 2000, and 30 cruises later, it's always a balcony, or better if I can swing it..if we can't afford it, we don't cruise....

The kind of cabin you choose often determines how much time and how much enjoyment you will spend and have in your cabin…A balcony cabin can make you feel connected to the ocean…an inside cabin makes you feel connected to 4 walls. Again, I re-iterate: A balcony cabin makes you feel connected to the ocean and makes you FEEL like you’re on a cruise!! Would you book a hotel room without a window?? What’s the point of being on a ship if you can’t see the sea passing your stateroom? At this very moment, there is some poor couple trapped in a stateroom they hate, fighting over who’s to blame for this God-awful dark, windowless, claustrophobic nightmare resembling a broom closet- when they could’ve been sipping a cold beverage on their private balcony looking at the beautiful sea, watching the birds,other cruise ships go by, islands,and most of all, smelling, hearing,and watching the waves and the wonderful salty mist the sea has, perhaps dozing off to the sounds of the waves……even at night it is majestic,and tranquilizing with the stars out and a certain calmness the sea has in the Caribbean. I am out on my verandah every morning ,afternoon and night!! One of the most romantic things you can do is have breakfast delivered to your cabin and eating it on your balcony …this is best on a sea day, rather than a day in port (I find and most agree)..it is included in your price- just give the attendant a tip (cash is always preferred) for their service..they will bring it out right on the balcony for you, too…..there is not much romance in an inside cabin. Once you have cruised in a balcony,it’s hard to do anything other unless you upgrade to a suite,of course. My wife & I work hard & deserve a nice vacation- just as I wouldn't go to a beach resort & ask for the worst room & with the worst view, I will leave you with what my 10 year old niece once said after seeing our balcony cabin & standing out on the balcony looking at the Caribbean sea , then going into her cabin and saying," this is so dark & boring compared to yours"..."yours is suppose to be dark & boring, you wanted cheap, you got it"...That is MHO..remember, next time you book an inside cabin, also consider asking for a hotel room without a window- you find too many because that would considered crazy wouldn't it?