The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Small Wonders:

I am not a huge fan of art, but give me a telescope or Kaleidoscope and I am somehow driven to look inside. That is why I loved these Small Wonders. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of one of the kinds, so forgive me as I borrow this picture quote from fellow CC member NorbertsNiece:

DSCN1656.jpg

And the other kind looks like this:

DSCN9786_zpsqjok4xcz.jpeg

It had some very interesting pictures, props, etc inside. Here are a few of my favorites:

DSCN0650_zpsdojqymwt.jpeg

DSCN0566_zpsygipwuzd.jpeg

DSCN1229_zpshi0cxhbk.jpeg

Time to organize more pictures to continue tomorrow. Thanks to all who are following along. I love reliving our cruise through pictures and I live to serve others. So, I enjoy helping through these tips.

Until tomorrow!

From one of the Wooden recliner chairs... Ah, can someone bring me a Peach Long Island Iced Tea? ;)

WOW! Peach... will have to try one next month.... i usually have several on a cruise but never thought of adding peach.

Edited by mad-dog74

Subscribed! Loving your review, hints/tips, and photos. Thank you. Only 54 days before we board and catch our first glimpse of Oasis.

A super well done review! thanks....we will be on the oasis this Saturday!!

Thanks for the compliments.

You are in for such a treat! I hope you enjoy the ship as much as we did :)

WOW! Peach... will have to try one next month.... i usually have several on a cruise but never thought of adding peach.

Sadly, due to the price increases and my very disciplined cruise budget, I only bought one Margarita on Oasis. The Peach Long Island Iced tea is my favorite - we initially learned about them on Carnival, but found a bartender on both Freedom and Indy who knew how to make them. Yummy!

Wow love your review. Where did you get the shoe rack for the door? We haven't used one, but I want to try it.

Thanks for following along!

I got the organizer on Amazon. I even use it in my bathroom at home. It is a great space saver and organizer. Mine is the Pro Mart DAZZ with 42 pockets and it was $12.99. I could probably have gone with a smaller one, but this works great anyway! It was a bit too long for the door on Oasis, but I always travel with clothespins, so I pinned it shorter to work for the week.

Small Wonders:

I am not a huge fan of art, but give me a telescope or Kaleidoscope and I am somehow driven to look inside. That is why I loved these Small Wonders.

FYI, there are 19 Larry Kirkland Small Wonder locations and 18 Peter Bahouth Small Wonder Locations (all view finders.)

Enjoying your report with all the pictures and details. We were in Boardwalk aft cabins years ago on deck 10. We will be going on the Oasis next summer with a large family group and once again booked the aft Boardwalk cabins, but on deck 11. Thanks for this updated refresher course for me. 😊 Looking forward to more!

Thanks you for your information

You mentioned that you used the stairs and the elevator. From deck 12 to pool deck, did you find any problem waiting for an elevator or did you just give up and used the stairs instead?

FYI, there are 19 Larry Kirkland Small Wonder locations and 18 Peter Bahouth Small Wonder Locations (all view finders.)

Thanks for the info! I found out too late that you could get a list from Guest Relations. Although we found most of them, we will have to book another cruise to see the rest ... Any excuse works to book another cruise, right? :D

Enjoying your report with all the pictures and details. We were in Boardwalk aft cabins years ago on deck 10. We will be going on the Oasis next summer with a large family group and once again booked the aft Boardwalk cabins, but on deck 11. Thanks for this updated refresher course for me. 😊 Looking forward to more!

Thanks! You gave me a good chuckle! I almost Googled this "country" you are from... until my brain kicked into gear to recognize your location. :D DH lived in Chicago for 4 years - fortunately before we met. That cold weather is not of me!

Since you have such a large group, check out RSharp's review (though you may have found it already). They were on the cruise with us and took a group of 20. Here is a link to his review-in-progress: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224387&highlight=oasis

Following along. Trying to decide if I want to book Oasis or Getaway next summer. I actually have a cabin on Oasis on hold today trying to decide. Your review is swaying me towards Oasis, but the price is pulling me towards Getaway. Tough decisions to have:D

Subscribing! Sailing on Oasis in November and this review has me so excited! I love all the "high tech" options on the tv, and definitely going to find those "secret" balcony areas. Thanks for the great review so far, keep it coming! :)

APDMOM, thank you for a great review so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it! Our next two cruises will be on the Oasis. We were on the Allure in 2013 and love that class of ship. We will be in cabin 11330, which is one of the converted secret balconies you referred to earlier that became GS's.

Thanks again, and happy cruising!

On to a few tips about the ship, starting with the TV system:

Check your e-mail. We received personal invitations through the e-mail system to special events, including the "Welcome Back" party and the "Sailaway" from the helipad in Labadee. These are also on a card in your stateroom when you arrive, but the e-mail is a great reminder. It was also the only way we knew the "Welcome Back" party had to be rescheduled.

THank you for mentioning you got the paper card and the email/message reminder. That would have saved us some minor issues on Freedom last month after getting a surprise upgrade at the pier (whine, whine, whine ;) ) My next cruise and first cruise as diamond will be on Oasis, so I will be watching for the bow sailaway as I've not been on the bow of this class yet.

Thanks!

What is for dinner? Check the menu on your TV system:

DSC_0169_zpsdjzdz37h.jpeg

Just a note for the fans of the pork chop on the current Mojo menu. I first had this on Allure in 2013 and again on Jewel in 2014 and it said it was covered in a Mojo sauce. Whatever that means, it had a burgandy type of color and it was ok (sauce) found the chop to be good. In 2015 the menu was changed and it mentions the lime reduction sauce. It was different than the previous years, but very good. I now return you to your OP.

Thanks for following along!

I got the organizer on Amazon. I even use it in my bathroom at home. It is a great space saver and organizer. Mine is the Pro Mart DAZZ with 42 pockets and it was $12.99. I could probably have gone with a smaller one, but this works great anyway! It was a bit too long for the door on Oasis, but I always travel with clothespins, so I pinned it shorter to work for the week.

Thanks

I know... this was a very quiet sailaway party... I was surprised too. Many people who had Boardwalk balconies did participate from there though. The back rows of the Aqua Theater also fill faster, so the picture you see is not a real representation of the attendance. I will post more later. The weather was a bit 'touch and go'.

Just another comment on the Dreamworks sailaway party. I specifically avoided it for a couple of reason on Allure the two times I was on that ship. We are two empty nesters and not into the Dreamworks stuff. On Freedom this past spring, where they also have the dreamworks characters, it was better attended because it was on the main pool deck which is where most people seem to want to be on sailaway.

My wife loves the interactive, get everyone out to dance sailaway that we have had on Voyager, Majesty, Freedom in 2008 and most other cruises. This show, at least on Freedom was more of a show and less a party. Here on Freedom people were watching, but quickly went about their business. It needed to be more interactive. IMO

Our Second Favorite spot on the ship: Our Balcony

We booked 12729

The verdict on the balcony:

We will only book this balcony again (Boardwalk, as close to aft as possible) if the price is right. If we can get an oceanview balcony in the future for an acceptable rate, we would rather have that. I do recommend trying the Boardwalk balcony one time though, since we did have great views of the Aqua Theater, Boardwalk activities, and the weather/partial ocean view. It is definitely a unique experience.

This Specific balcony was great for the following reasons:

1. Almost 100% cover from the sun and total coverage from the rain. Look how the overhang covers our entire balcony. It really makes a big difference. My parents were in 12727 and their balcony was about 50% covered from the rain. 12729 is therefore a great choice during inclement weather.

[/b]

Had same cabin on Allure and agree with everything you said about it...fortunately, we had the secret balcony right outside our door. Sniff sniff, will miss that as we plan to do Oasis and try for the Ocean View across the hall, we liked being back there.:D