Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Daghis

Offers received from Club Royale (Royal Caribbean)

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

 

My husband and I both have the offer.  Actually we both got 2 of the same offer but that is not relevant here.  I would have a cabin and then he would have one adjoining.  The JS upgrade is more than I am willing to spend.

Ok, I get it now. But that wouldn't earn you any more points. But having adjoining rooms would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tekguy26 said:

Ok, I get it now. But that wouldn't earn you any more points. But having adjoining rooms would be awesome.

 

We would get double points because we would be booked as a solo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

The best combo layout is on the Voyager/Freedom.  Way in the back there is a connecting Inside and Balcony. Now that is a nice 2 bedroom suite.😉

 

Deck 9 right?  Unfortunately they are already taken :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

 

Deck 9 right?  Unfortunately they are already taken 🙂

 

Yep, need to book early. Depending on the Class, a couple of decks have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I laugh at people who chase casino points. 😉

My wife included. 🤣

 

 

Agree on that one, you don’t have to spent a lot (aka lose) to get the offers.  I have seen people lose 500 just to get another 100 dollars on a cert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do they figure points/certificates? I received one for $200 off which I thought was low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses.  Seeing as I like to gamble I will see take the free interior and try my luck at a cheap upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

How do they figure points/certificates? I received one for $200 off which I thought was low.

1 point per $5 wagered on slots.

1 point per $10 wagered on Video Poker

 

table games have a formula of 1 point per 10 minutes for every $5 of your minimum bets.

 

Craps and Blackjack have an expected number of hands or rolls in the 100-120 range per hour.

so in 10 minutes ~17 bets resolved.  $10 table minimum so you have wagered $170 for 2 points.

 

Tables are horrible for earning points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then to add. Every 400 casino points gets $100 on the certificate. 2000 points played during the cruise gets $500 cert.

2400 inside cabin

3600 outside cabin

4800 balcony

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

$500+ total or per person?

Sorry - Total was $520 for the two of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked the Adventure departing Dec. 1. I received an offer for a comp JS.  There weren't any JS left so I booked 2 Ocean View balcony cabins for $2008.00 total including fees, taxes and gratuities. Three of my girlfriends and I are going.  They have never cruised before. Should be a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is a highly informed group. I decided to ask this here. What is the latest Royal policy on bringing your bottled water, soda drinks, and wine onboard ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, texasreb said:

Since this is a highly informed group. I decided to ask this here. What is the latest Royal policy on bringing your bottled water, soda drinks, and wine onboard ?

Embarkation: (2) bottles of wine (750 mi). + (12) non-alcoholic beverages (soda / water / juice) in 17 ounce or smaller containers.  Must be in carry on.  Distilled water for CPAP OK but can be obtained from room steward same time as the extension cord is obtained.  Pretty much anything goes for infants or special dietary needs as long as you are willing to discuss the needs while going through security screening.  Note all these liquids need to be in carry on baggage not checked bags.   Whiskey, vodka, gin, rum, and other spirits have to be smuggled onboard if you are into that sort of thing.  Since you are asking in the casino group most likely the casino will feed you enough comp'd drinks smuggling spirits is not what you are asking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Mainly asked as my wife drinks Mexican cokes (real sugar). I drink a real sugar Dr. Pepper every now and then.

Can't get this stuff on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2019 at 3:08 AM, texasreb said:

Then to add. Every 400 casino points gets $100 on the certificate. 2000 points played during the cruise gets $500 cert.

2400 inside cabin

3600 outside cabin

4800 balcony

 

Recent RCCL cruise (first in years), earned 2500+ table points, equal to 4000+ total points (host adjusted table points by 1.6 to calculate total points. Reached Prime tier.

 

Certificate did not reflect any dollar amount, but assistant host explained to me worth $500.

 

1 - Inside cabin value?

 

2 - Do the total points continue to accumulate through March 2020?

 

3 - If so, can you earn more points on fully/partially comped future cruises?

 

I am new to tiered benefits, and want to better understand how this works, so that my wife and I can plan future cruise vacations to maximize our tiered benefits.

Edited by soflalaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflalaw said:

Recent RCCL cruise (first in years), earned 2500+ table points, equal to 4000+ total points (host adjusted table points by 1.6 to calculate total points. Reached Prime tier.

 

Certificate did not reflect any dollar amount, but assistant host explained to me worth $500.

 

1 - Inside cabin value?

 

2 - Do the total points continue to accumulate through March 2020?

 

3 - If so, can you earn more points on fully/partially comped future cruises?

 

I am new to tiered benefits, and want to better understand how this works, so that my wife and I can plan future cruise vacations to maximize our tiered benefits.

Not sure about the 1.6 multiplier but at the end of the cruise you should have received a certificate.  On the back would be a list of available cruises and the stateroom category.  When the certificate is for an inside it is for one of the listed cruises or $500 off any cruise.  Ocean View certs have a trade in value of $750 and balcony certs $1000.  You have to book the cert within 30 days or it loses all value including the trade in value.

 

In addition to the cert you received, you just made Prime and therefore will be eligible for a comp'd inside next program year.  Any ship up to 8 nights as long as it is not a holiday or other restricted cruise.  If you do more sailings and a bunch more gambling before March 31, 2020, you might make the next annual tier level and get bumped up to a comp'd ocean view but don't count on it as it takes a lot of gambling.

 

The other thing to do is make sure your profile allows them to send email offers.  Casino offers come in around monthly.  Some offers are just OK and others have had some pretty good selections.  Three of my last four sailings have been from monthly offers as is the one I have booked for next November.  Last three earned certs were allowed to expire unused knowing more offers would be forthcoming.  Other thing to note is you may get an offer for a comp'd inside or ocean view, don't hesitate to ask about cost to upgrade - sometimes the upgrades are pretty inexpensive.  Symphony 7 night next November was a comp'd inside and the upgrade to a boardwalk balcony (wife wanted it) was $470 for the two of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wally Alligator said:

Not sure about the 1.6 multiplier but at the end of the cruise you should have received a certificate.  On the back would be a list of available cruises and the stateroom category.  When the certificate is for an inside it is for one of the listed cruises or $500 off any cruise.  Ocean View certs have a trade in value of $750 and balcony certs $1000.  You have to book the cert within 30 days or it loses all value including the trade in value.

 

In addition to the cert you received, you just made Prime and therefore will be eligible for a comp'd inside next program year.  Any ship up to 8 nights as long as it is not a holiday or other restricted cruise.  If you do more sailings and a bunch more gambling before March 31, 2020, you might make the next annual tier level and get bumped up to a comp'd ocean view but don't count on it as it takes a lot of gambling.

 

The other thing to do is make sure your profile allows them to send email offers.  Casino offers come in around monthly.  Some offers are just OK and others have had some pretty good selections.  Three of my last four sailings have been from monthly offers as is the one I have booked for next November.  Last three earned certs were allowed to expire unused knowing more offers would be forthcoming.  Other thing to note is you may get an offer for a comp'd inside or ocean view, don't hesitate to ask about cost to upgrade - sometimes the upgrades are pretty inexpensive.  Symphony 7 night next November was a comp'd inside and the upgrade to a boardwalk balcony (wife wanted it) was $470 for the two of us.

Please elaborate on the trade in value. How does one trade in this certificate to extend its value?

 

Also, the assistant hosts told me housekeeping would deliver the certificate to our cabin. It arrived on the morning of our disembarkation.

 

The certificate does not reflect a value ($500, $750, $1,000, etc.). There is no listing of eligible cruises on the back of the certificate.

 

One of the assistant hosts explained to me that certificate would be worth $500, the cost of an inside stateroom.

 

What do I need or should I do to address the lack of a dollar ($500 apparently) on its face, or a listing of eligible cruises on the back side of the certificate?

 

Thank you for explaining things for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, soflalaw said:

Please elaborate on the trade in value. How does one trade in this certificate to extend its value?

 

Also, the assistant hosts told me housekeeping would deliver the certificate to our cabin. It arrived on the morning of our disembarkation.

 

The certificate does not reflect a value ($500, $750, $1,000, etc.). There is no listing of eligible cruises on the back of the certificate.

 

One of the assistant hosts explained to me that certificate would be worth $500, the cost of an inside stateroom.

 

What do I need or should I do to address the lack of a dollar ($500 apparently) on its face, or a listing of eligible cruises on the back side of the certificate?

 

Thank you for explaining things for me!

If there is no list of cruises on the back then it is a $500 or less future cruise credit.  Should state a dollar figure on the front.  A call to CR will determine exactly what they gave you.  Also if it is a $500 or less certificate, you have not made Prime yet if this was first cruise since April 1st.  Inside Certs are handed out at 2400 points and Prime is at 2500.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 1:01 PM, Wally Alligator said:

If there is no list of cruises on the back then it is a $500 or less future cruise credit.  Should state a dollar figure on the front.  A call to CR will determine exactly what they gave you.  Also if it is a $500 or less certificate, you have not made Prime yet if this was first cruise since April 1st.  Inside Certs are handed out at 2400 points and Prime is at 2500.

 

Spoke with Austin at CR this morning. It was indeed a $500 certificate, but limited to Asia cruises. However, he advised that I could have my TA call in and he could reprice an existing reservation ($500-$600 less than the lower rate that I got when cruise was repriced earlier this month), and to trade the Asia certificate and apply its $500 against that same cruise, effectively guaranteeing at least a $1,000 reduction in the costs for that cruise. SWEET!!

 

Btw, he confirmed that I have 4300+ points (2700+ table points, increased by a factor, that just happens to be... yes, you guessed it, 1.6). So, definitely Prime.

Edited by soflalaw
Typos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
       

New Club Royale offer:

  Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type is variable, Offer Code 191RCL508, Trade in Value $750 (my offer)

 

  Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type Casino Rate & $250 free play or discount, Offer Code 192RCL515, Trade in Value $0 (husband's offer)

 

Has anyone called for details on these offers, thought I'd ask here before I spend a lot of time on the phone.

 

Thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:
       

New Club Royale offer:

  Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type is variable, Offer Code 191RCL508, Trade in Value $750 (my offer)

 

  Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type Casino Rate & $250 free play or discount, Offer Code 192RCL515, Trade in Value $0 (husband's offer)

 

Has anyone called for details on these offers, thought I'd ask here before I spend a lot of time on the phone.

 

Thanks 

 

I am not seeing those ones.  We only show the summer sizzle at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see that offer in either my account or wife’s .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronx12 said:
       

New Club Royale offer:

  Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type is variable, Offer Code 191RCL508, Trade in Value $750 (my offer)

 

  Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type Casino Rate & $250 free play or discount, Offer Code 192RCL515, Trade in Value $0 (husband's offer)

 

Has anyone called for details on these offers, thought I'd ask here before I spend a lot of time on the phone.

 

Thanks 

 

 

I just saw it now after logging in

Casino Royale May 2019, Offer Type is variable, Offer Code 191RCL508, Trade in Value $750 (my offer)

 

I'm Canadian so they aren't allowed to send me emails for some reason so from time to time I do see the offers but don't know what they are for. So many temping offers though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...