Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Daghis

Offers received from Club Royale (Royal Caribbean)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

What offer code is that list for?  Please let me know your thoughts when you are back from Ovation.  We sail July 5!

191RCL611

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fla gang said:

191RCL611

Just noticed your user name. Our other love is taking the travel trailer and our pups to Fort Wilderness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of off topic.  I am assuming lots of us booked cruises to Cuba using Summer Sizzle and Tax Day offers.  I am booked on the 8/4 Empress sailing.   I called last night after I got the letter offering the 50% refund if you continue on the sailing.  I wanted to know how that works if the cruise was comped.  The CR rep told me they were still not sure yet and took my email address and said someone would be emailing me later today.  I will report back when I hear anything.  If anyone else hears anything, can you report back as well?

 

Of course I am not EXPECTING any OBC or anything, but it would be nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Kind of off topic.  I am assuming lots of us booked cruises to Cuba using Summer Sizzle and Tax Day offers.  I am booked on the 8/4 Empress sailing.   I called last night after I got the letter offering the 50% refund if you continue on the sailing.  I wanted to know how that works if the cruise was comped.  The CR rep told me they were still not sure yet and took my email address and said someone would be emailing me later today.  I will report back when I hear anything.  If anyone else hears anything, can you report back as well?

 

Of course I am not EXPECTING any OBC or anything, but it would be nice!

 

We got back around $400 for our annual Prime cruise when Noro struck Oasis.  Laura also got a replacement cruise from Casino Royale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another offer today show up in my snail mail, various sailings from 4 to 12 days (inside stateroom for 2) plus NFL game tickets for 2 after the cruise at the city where the sailing leaves from. The three that caught my eye were Sept 6th Ovation Alaska, Nov 24th Liberty (Thanksgiving sailing), and Anthem 12 day sailing on Dec 8th. Too bad I'm already fully booked for next year and out of vacation days. Looks like another one wasted 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jzx1103 said:

Got another offer today show up in my snail mail, various sailings from 4 to 12 days (inside stateroom for 2) plus NFL game tickets for 2 after the cruise at the city where the sailing leaves from. The three that caught my eye were Sept 6th Ovation Alaska, Nov 24th Liberty (Thanksgiving sailing), and Anthem 12 day sailing on Dec 8th. Too bad I'm already fully booked for next year and out of vacation days. Looks like another one wasted 😕

 

We got the NFL offer, but only with $200 off the cabin price. No list of cruises

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We got the NFL offer, but only with $200 off the cabin price. No list of cruises

 

Are you Prime? If so how much did you play after reaching Prime? And over how many sailings did it take you to reach Prime? I'm trying to figure out how Club Royale decides who gets what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Garmy4 said:

I think their algorithm is one of the true cruise mysteries.

There are some components of the algorithm that are unknown to us patrons however I have noticed that folks that take 2 or 3 cruises to attain Prime do not get the same offers as people that pickup cabin certs every cruise.  Even though both become Prime and enjoy some of the same benefits, the comp offers that come between cruises are definitely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jzx1103 said:

 

Are you Prime? If so how much did you play after reaching Prime? And over how many sailings did it take you to reach Prime? I'm trying to figure out how Club Royale decides who gets what.

 

Low level Prime. Earn 400 to 800 points a cruise, but cruise 10 times a year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Wally Alligator said:

There are some components of the algorithm that are unknown to us patrons however I have noticed that folks that take 2 or 3 cruises to attain Prime do not get the same offers as people that pickup cabin certs every cruise.  Even though both become Prime and enjoy some of the same benefits, the comp offers that come between cruises are definitely different.

 

Yea seems like your average wager per cruise gets calculated into it as well. There's also two people on here whom both stated that they're signature but also not getting free cruise offers outside of the annual free cruise (which sounds pretty unbelievable). Both also reported that they book 8-10 cruises with Royal on their own each year. I'm really starting to wonder if Royal sees you as a customer who'se likely to pay to go on their ships anyways. They would just stop sending you free cruise offers. On the other hand I cruise 2 to 3 times a year and been cruising exclusively with Royal the last 2 years only because they kept sending us comped cruises. Otherwise we'd probably try different cruiselines. In fact we canceled a Disney cruise and a Carnival Vista cruise which we wanted to try because we got unexpected comp'ed offers from Royal. Maybe they do this to also keep gamblers who aren't necessarily loyal to Royal from going to other cruiselines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jzx1103 said:

Got another offer today show up in my snail mail, various sailings from 4 to 12 days (inside stateroom for 2) plus NFL game tickets for 2 after the cruise at the city where the sailing leaves from. The three that caught my eye were Sept 6th Ovation Alaska, Nov 24th Liberty (Thanksgiving sailing), and Anthem 12 day sailing on Dec 8th. Too bad I'm already fully booked for next year and out of vacation days. Looks like another one wasted 😕

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm signature and cruise about 8 times a year.  It seem like when I get a free inside or balcony cabin certificate on a cruise, the next quarter I get free balcony cabins.  When I do the 5 night Anthem cruises or don't gamble as much, and only receive a dollar off certificate I only get $250 or maybe $500 off.  I'm waiting to see what kind of offers I receive in the next couple of months as I came home with a balcony certificate last cruise in May.  I received the football offers for $500 off, but a cruise in April I only had 2000 points for a $500 off certificate.  The offers before that were for a free balcony (summer sizzle) and I had been getting free inside certificates  back in February-March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

we just received the bankroll blitz offer.

free balcony cabin and football tickets.

 

Unfortunately we won’t be able to go on any of them as we are already booked up for this year.

 

There were several Anthem cruises out of Bayonne included.

 

Noreen

87A986C0-29C4-4D70-BD41-67EC42FCC6F4.jpeg

D1E09966-5368-4640-8122-DDC2099E8F79.jpeg

907AD9C9-6170-495A-B68C-7DF95920055E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noreen411, at what Casino Royale level are you? I am only Prime, and received H19BALL05, which provided interior stateroom ($500 Trade in Value), with 2 NFL game tickets.

 

Your H19BALL03 offer provides for balcony stateroom and 2 tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, soflalaw said:

Noreen411, at what Casino Royale level are you? I am only Prime, and received H19BALL05, which provided interior stateroom ($500 Trade in Value), with 2 NFL game tickets.

 

Your H19BALL03 offer provides for balcony stateroom and 2 tickets.

We are Prime.

 

I am not sure if they look at how many points you have but we are High Prime if there is such a thing.  Not quite the next level yet

 

I noticed Gayle mentioning she thinks it is related to certificates earned on most recent sailing.  My husband earned a free junior suite certificate and I earned a free balcony certificate on our last cruise.  This bankroll blitz offer came addressed to him.   

Edited by Noreen411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

We are Prime.

 

I am not sure if they look at how many points you have but we are High Prime if there is such a thing.  Not quite the next level yet

 

I noticed Gayle mentioning she thinks it is related to certificates earned on most recent sailing.  My husband earned a free junior suite certificate and I earned a free balcony certificate on our last cruise.  This bankroll blitz offer came addressed to him.   

 

This is actually good information to know if it's true that's how they decide who gets what offers. Currently I have 3 comp'ed cruises booked between September of 2019 through March of 2020 without any additional free vacation times to book anymore cruises. So based on this theory, I should play very little on my next two cruises since I don't need to earn any free cruises in the next 9 months and then go all out playing big on my final comp'ed cruise next March so I will start earning more comp'ed cruises after next March when my vacation days reset. At least I hope I have the strategy figured out 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

 

This is actually good information to know if it's true that's how they decide who gets what offers. Currently I have 3 comp'ed cruises booked between September of 2019 through March of 2020 without any additional free vacation times to book anymore cruises. So based on this theory, I should play very little on my next two cruises since I don't need to earn any free cruises in the next 9 months and then go all out playing big on my final comp'ed cruise next March so I will start earning more comp'ed cruises after next March when my vacation days reset. At least I hope I have the strategy figured out 👌

 

11 minutes ago, Jzx1103 said:

 

This is actually good information to know if it's true that's how they decide who gets what offers. Currently I have 3 comp'ed cruises booked between September of 2019 through March of 2020 without any additional free vacation times to book anymore cruises. So based on this theory, I should play very little on my next two cruises since I don't need to earn any free cruises in the next 9 months and then go all out playing big on my final comp'ed cruise next March so I will start earning more comp'ed cruises after next March when my vacation days reset. At least I hope I have the strategy figured out 👌

I'll have a better idea if this is how they figure who get what soon.  My cruise in May I earned my most points about 5000.  I'll see if my offers improve.  I've never had more than 2500 on a cruise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

 

I'll have a better idea if this is how they figure who get what soon.  My cruise in May I earned my most points about 5000.  I'll see if my offers improve.  I've never had more than 2500 on a cruise.

 

Excellent, keep us updated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

 

I'll have a better idea if this is how they figure who get what soon.  My cruise in May I earned my most points about 5000.  I'll see if my offers improve.  I've never had more than 2500 on a cruise.

 

I concur. We all could benefit from your experience and offerings from CR in light of your most recent casino results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must have the wrong attitude. 

We cruise when we want, where we want, and gamble to entertain ourselves. If Royal wants to give us something, cool. If not, it wont change our cruising or gambling habits. 😎

 

I just enjoy the free booze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We must have the wrong attitude. 

We cruise when we want, where we want, and gamble to entertain ourselves. If Royal wants to give us something, cool. If not, it wont change our cruising or gambling habits. 😎

 

I just enjoy the free booze

 

That is out attitude as well!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We must have the wrong attitude. 

We cruise when we want, where we want, and gamble to entertain ourselves. If Royal wants to give us something, cool. If not, it wont change our cruising or gambling habits. 😎

 

I just enjoy the free booze

I love to get offers from the casino, but all my cruises are booked when they are first released. Right now 16 up until 2021.  They are all booked without any casino offers or certificates.  It's nice when I do get a certificate or offer I can actually use on an already booked cruise.  What I have found though, is because I book so early, when I'm able to use a certificate on one of my booked cruises, that the price has gone up so much that the certificate is worthless.  It's been nice to be able to use my free Signature cruises on one of my cruises the last 2 years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We must have the wrong attitude. 

We cruise when we want, where we want, and gamble to entertain ourselves. If Royal wants to give us something, cool. If not, it wont change our cruising or gambling habits. 😎

 

I just enjoy the free booze

I agree.  We do the same.  

 

We enjoy spending time in the casino and think of it as entertainment.

 

Anything the casino gives us is great but we would not base our cruises on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I love to get offers from the casino, but all my cruises are booked when they are first released. Right now 16 up until 2021.  They are all booked without any casino offers or certificates.  It's nice when I do get a certificate or offer I can actually use on an already booked cruise.  What I have found though, is because I book so early, when I'm able to use a certificate on one of my booked cruises, that the price has gone up so much that the certificate is worthless.  It's been nice to be able to use my free Signature cruises on one of my cruises the last 2 years.

 

 

 

We have 17 booked, many have the cash value applied to them. Several are long cruises away from our home port

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...