Jump to content

Offers received from Club Royale (Royal Caribbean)


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Hopefully can L&S for latest cancellations.

 

picked a couple of dates ready to hopefully L&S as we have 2 cruises cancelled in this latest round to add on to the 6 others already cancelled. 

 

L&s has has been the least painful thing to do. It’s better than waiting months for refunds like some of the other lines we had cruises cancelled with.

We have 2 more Royals in August-we just go for the refund of the taxes & insurance.

Already had 4 cancelled-but only 10-20 days to get the refund. Our Carnival cancelled ones took longer 30-45 days. But the worst is Princess-still waiting for(only 1 thank goodness)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EZ1 said:

We have 2 more Royals in August-we just go for the refund of the taxes & insurance.

Already had 4 cancelled-but only 10-20 days to get the refund. Our Carnival cancelled ones took longer 30-45 days. But the worst is Princess-still waiting for(only 1 thank goodness)

We are having a nightmare with Princess and MSC. MSC have made their own headache. Can move our cruise (casino comp) but they charge a deposit which is given as OBC. They can’t shift the deposit so we have to get refund for that as have to pay again to move the cruise. We refuse to give them any money until we get original deposit back. And that cruise was the first we had cancelled and was due to sail April 11th and they still can’t work out where our money is.

 

P&O was the best closely followed by RC. L&S makes it a lot less stressful!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent 2 hours on phone to CR to L&S casino booking cancelled in latest round to January. Was told that new rules mean booking has to be cancelled and rebooked so we would have to front up port fees and taxes as they wouldn’t shift those just the cabin and have to join the queue for refund of original port fees and taxes!

 

Needless to say unimpressed, especially as still waiting for refunds from our other cancelled cruises in May.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just had our August 30th Liberty cruise cancelled.  It was on a CR certificate and then I got a great upgrade rate to a JS.  The updated options for cancelled cruises are below.  I don't like the last line (highlighted) that excludes comped casino cruises.  I am going to try the L&S as I paid for an upgrade.  I will submit it through the TA portal and see what happens. 

 

Lift and Shift -  New Dates, possibly for already canceled cruises only and ours is still Aug. 1??

 

If you prefer to move your existing booking to a 2021 sailing – we’re happy to move you! We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. For example, if you are moving from a July 30th, 2020 sailing, you can move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category, and the sail date between June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021.

• If your sailing was cancelled on:

- June 9th or 11th, 2020, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by June 25th to move to a new sailing.

- June 23rd, 2020, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by July 10th to move to a new sailing.

• If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit.

• Only available for sailings cancelled as part of our global suspension on May 20th, 2020 or after.

• Complimentary Casino offers are not eligible for Lift and Shift.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a casino comp cruise cancelled in this last round of cancellations. While the “traditional” Lift & Shift was not allowed, we were able to move this comp (Symphony) from 1 Aug 2020 to 13 Feb 2021.  They totally honored the casino rate (we had to pay an additional $4.20 in taxes and ports fees) we had paid and moved the airline reservations to the new date ($60 fare increase). It appeared to me that the new “rule” was that you can move a cancelled casino comp to between 1 Oct 2020 - 28 Feb 2021with a price protection.  We had upgraded the comp (Inside room) to a JS for a total <cruise fare> of $516. I was very happy with this option as we are already on 6 Feb Symphony so this makes a nice B2B Symphony for us.  We were able to get the same JS for both legs.   I have no idea if we would have been allowed to change ships but we wanted to stay on Symphony so I never asked. I was so happy that they let us keep this outstanding deal we had gotten, especially after hearing so many people say they could not get their comps moved and after having had 3 casino comps “lost” already, as the result of previous rounds of cancellations. My casino CS rep was Austin and I cannot be happier with this particular outcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We had a casino comp cruise cancelled in this last round of cancellations. While the “traditional” Lift & Shift was not allowed, we were able to move this comp (Symphony) from 1 Aug 2020 to 13 Feb 2021.  They totally honored the casino rate (we had to pay an additional $4.20 in taxes and ports fees) we had paid and moved the airline reservations to the new date ($60 fare increase). It appeared to me that the new “rule” was that you can move a cancelled casino comp to between 1 Oct 2020 - 28 Feb 2021with a price protection.  We had upgraded the comp (Inside room) to a JS for a total <cruise fare> of $516. I was very happy with this option as we are already on 6 Feb Symphony so this makes a nice B2B Symphony for us. 

 100% on the new rule, we were able to do the same, also were able to move from Symphony to Harmony with a very small addition to taxes and port fees.

Ours was Sept 20 to Jan 21

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having success as well, but on hold forever.  Problem is we had some prepaid cruise planner items, which is causing the invoice to show an excess payment when in fact nominal increases in taxes are due for both cruises being moved.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

We are having success as well, but on hold forever.  Problem is we had some prepaid cruise planner items, which is causing the invoice to show an excess payment when in fact nominal increases in taxes are due for both cruises being moved.

 

 

We had this problem, too.  Ended with a “credit” balance which screwed up the airfare final payment.  I will call and take care of that on Friday. It should be sorted out by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We had a casino comp cruise cancelled in this last round of cancellations. While the “traditional” Lift & Shift was not allowed, we were able to move this comp (Symphony) from 1 Aug 2020 to 13 Feb 2021.  They totally honored the casino rate (we had to pay an additional $4.20 in taxes and ports fees) we had paid and moved the airline reservations to the new date ($60 fare increase). It appeared to me that the new “rule” was that you can move a cancelled casino comp to between 1 Oct 2020 - 28 Feb 2021with a price protection.  We had upgraded the comp (Inside room) to a JS for a total <cruise fare> of $516. I was very happy with this option as we are already on 6 Feb Symphony so this makes a nice B2B Symphony for us.  We were able to get the same JS for both legs.   I have no idea if we would have been allowed to change ships but we wanted to stay on Symphony so I never asked. I was so happy that they let us keep this outstanding deal we had gotten, especially after hearing so many people say they could not get their comps moved and after having had 3 casino comps “lost” already, as the result of previous rounds of cancellations. My casino CS rep was Austin and I cannot be happier with this particular outcome.

 

16 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

 100% on the new rule, we were able to do the same, also were able to move from Symphony to Harmony with a very small addition to taxes and port fees.

Ours was Sept 20 to Jan 21

 

8 hours ago, lazydayz said:

We are having success as well, but on hold forever.  Problem is we had some prepaid cruise planner items, which is causing the invoice to show an excess payment when in fact nominal increases in taxes are due for both cruises being moved.

 

 

 

Sounds like a good outcome for your changes.  We are booked in early November and on a B2B in late January and are not able to cruise over the holidays so not sure what I will end up doing.  We had a similar casino upgrade to a JS on the 8/30 Liberty that was just cancelled.  Hopefully I can move the whole thing forward as I have a two to three week window in February/March where I could book my replacement cruise.  We are doing our tier cruises as a B2B in mid-March.  Maybe I can make it a B3B. :classic_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 1:21 AM, RFerrington said:

We had a casino comp cruise cancelled in this last round of cancellations. While the “traditional” Lift & Shift was not allowed, we were able to move this comp (Symphony) from 1 Aug 2020 to 13 Feb 2021.  They totally honored the casino rate (we had to pay an additional $4.20 in taxes and ports fees) we had paid and moved the airline reservations to the new date ($60 fare increase). It appeared to me that the new “rule” was that you can move a cancelled casino comp to between 1 Oct 2020 - 28 Feb 2021with a price protection.  We had upgraded the comp (Inside room) to a JS for a total <cruise fare> of $516. I was very happy with this option as we are already on 6 Feb Symphony so this makes a nice B2B Symphony for us.  We were able to get the same JS for both legs.   I have no idea if we would have been allowed to change ships but we wanted to stay on Symphony so I never asked. I was so happy that they let us keep this outstanding deal we had gotten, especially after hearing so many people say they could not get their comps moved and after having had 3 casino comps “lost” already, as the result of previous rounds of cancellations. My casino CS rep was Austin and I cannot be happier with this particular outcome.

Did you use one PRIME inside offer, and got the JS booking for only $516 in total ?

I still have my 2019, and 2020 to use. My wife has hers 2020 to use.

I have 5 cruises booked between Oct 3 and first week of January. It is looking doubtful on any making. May just go ahead and cancel some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, texasreb said:

Did you use one PRIME inside offer, and got the JS booking for only $516 in total ?

No, it was from one of the comp offers that we got several weeks ago (I can’t remember the code).  Both of us still have our Prime comps for the casino year ending 3-31-21. We will convert 2 of our current bookings to use the Prime comps

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, texasreb said:

 

I have 5 cruises booked between Oct 3 and first week of January. It is looking doubtful on any making. May just go ahead and cancel some.

You should just wait till they cancel, & get your total refund back. But I bet they will try to keep Christmas & New Years sailings, as those are the most expensive & profitable ones of the year for them. We have 3 in Nov & 3 in Dec, inc. a New Years Eve Symphony, which was a holiday free balcony offer for us! Never had one free during a holiday before. But saw there are so many empty cabins on it-many probably canceled already, esp those that have to fly from outside the USA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a new offer for a Jr. Suite and $250 in free play for Mariner or one other ship, sailing September through December.  With comp cruises already booked for October, November and December, we booked for September 18 on the Mariner.  Doubtful it will sail, but if it does, we will be glad to go first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I got a new offer for a Jr. Suite and $250 in free play for Mariner or one other ship, sailing September through December.  With comp cruises already booked for October, November and December, we booked for September 18 on the Mariner.  Doubtful it will sail, but if it does, we will be glad to go first. 

We booked B2B on NAV for November.  Not feeling all that confident that it will go, but I had airfare I needed to move so we booked.  Hope they sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I have that offer. We also have cruises booked October (2), Nov, Dec, and Jan. Read RCCL news that soon 98% of staff will be repatriated. Currently at 95-96%. When a date is firmly established for cruise ship sailing. Let's say by CDC.  How long will it take the cruise lines to recall ship staff, train new procedures, re-stock ships, bring terminal personnel in, etc ?

Don't get me wrong. I would like to sail Oct 3. Where 2 months ago I was hopeful. Now I am doubtful even for November.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This just out:

MIAMI, July 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Cruise industry leaders Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) announced a collaboration to develop enhanced cruise health and safety standards in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The companies have asked Governor Mike Leavitt and Dr. Scott Gottlieb to serve as co-chairs of a newly formed group of experts called the "Healthy Sail Panel."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, lazydayz said:

I got a new offer for a Jr. Suite and $250 in free play for Mariner or one other ship, sailing September through December.  With comp cruises already booked for October, November and December, we booked for September 18 on the Mariner.  Doubtful it will sail, but if it does, we will be glad to go first. 

 

We got a similar offer for a balcony and $125 free play.  We are already booked for an 11 nighter on the Vision in November.  With that, Thanksgiving and family functions planned, I doubt we will even consider booking anything else.  Plus it is not looking very promising for much cruising this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 7:57 AM, RFerrington said:

We booked B2B on NAV for November.  Not feeling all that confident that it will go, but I had airfare I needed to move so we booked.  Hope they sail.

I did the same, only a 4 day though. I feel the same as you that the cruise likely will not go. Living in Florida and seeing our numbers go up every day, I have no faith that ports will be open much before the end of the year. That said, I have a Navigator OTS for November, an NCL Escape for December and an Enchanted Princess for January...bad news is I was also booked for January Odyssey OTS that was canceled. Not holding my breath that any of those I have booked will go and pretty much gave up on seeing my refund for March 2020 Regal Princess cruise. Maybe cruising will go again at some point but things are looking bleak from here in Florida

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Another cruise bites the dust - 9/18/20 - Mariner of the Seas.  

 

With five more cruises booked October to March, I don't think I will even try to reschedule this one.  Bummer. 

 

Us too.  Had a B2B booked on Liberty 9/20 & 9/27 that just got cancelled.  The only option to L&S was to sail by end of Feb 2021 but we already have side by side cruises booked in November on Oasis & Allure , an 11 night in Jan on the Anthem, and then Oasis again at end of Feb.  I am not holding my breath that November will happen but hopeful for early 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Another cruise bites the dust - 9/18/20 - Mariner of the Seas.  

 

With five more cruises booked October to March, I don't think I will even try to reschedule this one.  Bummer. 

I just canceled my Oct 3 Majesty out of NOLA. NOLA is mostly shut down, with permanent layoff notices being sent out now. More businesses announcing closings, won't be back.

My wife just spent a week near Cocoa Beach with family. She said folks there did not seem too concerned over covid and masks.

Another observation: Texas Gov just announced a military deployment to Rio Grande Valley to help treat covid patients and work to stop illegal immigration. We have another problem that affects our health. Maybe Arizona has same problem ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, texasreb said:

I just canceled my Oct 3 Majesty out of NOLA. NOLA is mostly shut down, with permanent layoff notices being sent out now. More businesses announcing closings, won't be back.

My wife just spent a week near Cocoa Beach with family. She said folks there did not seem too concerned over covid and masks.

Another observation: Texas Gov just announced a military deployment to Rio Grande Valley to help treat covid patients and work to stop illegal immigration. We have another problem that affects our health. Maybe Arizona has same problem ?

 

Umm, Cocoa Beach has a city wide mask ordinance. The only ones not taking it seriously are the tourists. SMH

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...