Marriott Ft. Lauderdale North

peggyvall

My husband, Paul & I, are staying at the Marriott Ft. Lauderdale North on November 25th, pre-cruise night, and I cruising on the Caribbean Princess the following day. Has anyone stayed at this hotel and does anyone know if there is shuttle service between the airport and the hotel or between the hotel and the port? :p

My husband, Paul & I, are staying at the Marriott Ft. Lauderdale North on November 25th, pre-cruise night, and I cruising on the Caribbean Princess the following day. Has anyone stayed at this hotel and does anyone know if there is shuttle service between the airport and the hotel or between the hotel and the port? :p

We are staying there 10/28 the night before our sailing on the CB. If you email me jar47933@sbcglobal.net the first of November I will be happy to let you know how it is and answer any questions you may have.:)

Happy Cruising!

Peggyvall,

DH and I stayed at Marriott North in January prior to our cruise on the CB on January 21. It's a nice property, but there is no shuttle service from the hotel to the pier.

If you take the Princess shuttle, they will likely not even start boarding until 1-1:30. If you want to arrive at the pier sooner, you should arrange for a taxi the night before. DH and I had pre-cruise transfers but opted for a taxi when we learned that we wouldn't be picked up by Princess until after 1:00.

We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the hotel restaurant, then took a taxi to the pier at noon. It takes about 25 minutes to get to Port Everglades from this hotel and will cost about $30.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

We stayed at the Marriott North in April. They did have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but I don't know if you had to prearrange it or not. There is only one shuttle - we were told they would take us to Wal-Mart and when we went down we were told we just missed it, it was going to the airport and would be busy the rest of the afternoon. We also waited almost 20 minutes for a taxi to get to Wal-Mart.

The hotel is beautiful, rooms great, restaurant on premises, but it is out of the way.

As a previous poster noted, there is no shuttle to the pier. We did get taken by Princess transfers to the pier and it was probably about 1 ish. When we got inside, we had absolutely no line and got on board the ship in under 10 minutes.

We stayed two years ago prior to Panama Cruise; I was greatly disappointed in the location and then we had to wait hours to board the Princess transfer with loads of people and lugguage,,,,,,,,,,was a mess; I would arrange for a taxi and not be in the uncomfortableness of waiting and sitting waiting for the last one to board the bus..............the nite before nothing,,,,,nothing to do..................I was very disappointed I did not see the fun part of Ft. Lauderdale. We took the Princess pretour one day ahead; I would do it on my own next time out of Ft. Lauderdale. Happy sailing..................

This hotel is lovely if you are travelling on business, or if you're looking for a cheap spot to stay (we got it on Priceline for less than $60/night). However, if you're looking to be close to Pt. Everglades, I'd suggest something a bit closer....this is in a business park right off the interstate. Probably a 20 minute ride to Port Everglades.

Nice rooms, great pool and jacuzzi, close to strip mall with lots of chain restaurants.

:D Thanks for all your help with the Marriott North. I thought that it looked liked it was quite a bit out of the way. I guess we'll just take a taxi to the hotel and to the pier.

It won't be long now, just a couple of months. It's still warm here in New Hampshire, but by November we'll be really ready to leave the cold weather and maybe snow.

Hope we get to meet some of the group. Wearing the blue ribbons sounds good to me.

Peggy & Paul

• 1 month later...
:D Thanks for all your help with the Marriott North. I thought that it looked liked it was quite a bit out of the way. I guess we'll just take a taxi to the hotel and to the pier.

It won't be long now, just a couple of months. It's still warm here in New Hampshire, but by November we'll be really ready to leave the cold weather and maybe snow.

Hope we get to meet some of the group. Wearing the blue ribbons sounds good to me.

Peggy & Paul

Peggy...head over the the CB Roll Call. Dianne has a CC pary all set up and we're trying to get everyone informed!!

See you soon!

Deb

Archived