Are luggage racks provided?

weluvtravel

My husband is a "live out of your suitcase" kind of person and does not like to unpack. I haven't cruised in a few years and I can't remember if they have luggage racks in the closet or if you can request one? Thanks for any info!

You'd almost have to jump over a luggage rack with a suitcase on it. It would also be in your steward's way big time. We unpack everything and shove our luggage under the bed. Space is very tight in a cruise ship cabin. Unless you have a suite, that is.

No, luggage racks are not provided. They provide a plastic cover for the bed to be used for unpacking purposes only. Cabins are really too small for using a luggage rack. Your hubby may have to unpack or keep his suitcase packed in the closet and drag it out each time. UGH, I can't imagine doing that myself.

Forget the luggage racks. The Princess closets are like 1/2 of a walk-in closet. Lots of hanging space and also shelves. They are the best storage arrangements on any ship we have traveled. Like others have said, suitcases fit under the bed.

Haha I have totally done what someone suggested and only unpacked the dresses, other nice clothes to hang and then lady everything else in the suitcase and put it in the closet. Main reason for this was two women in one cabin created and issue where there wasn't enough room put all the clothes. This was in RCL. That would be my advice if he doesn't want to unpack everything.

My husband is a "live out of your suitcase" kind of person and does not like to unpack. I haven't cruised in a few years and I can't remember if they have luggage racks in the closet or if you can request one? Thanks for any info!

No luggage stand in the cabins. No room in cabins, even suites, for one without it being in the way of moving around or cleaning the room. There is plenty of closet and drawer space as well as hangers for unpacking clothes. If your husband won't adapt to the limited space, the alternatives are few-----unpack for him or he can keep his clothes in his suitcase under the bed. A couple days of that should convince him to adapt.

Like my wife keeps telling me, training a husband is a lifelong task. LOL

I have left a few pieces of outerwear under the bed in the suitcase because I wouldn't need it often on longer cruises. But, it is a pain to have to pull the bag out to grab the extra sweater or rain jacket. I can't imagine having to do it several times a day for needed stuff. When your dh sees the closet set up, he'll change his mind.;) That's the advantage of cruising...unpack once.

All I could think of is in a mini-suite you could sacrifice the couch as a luggage stand.

If he really hates unpacking and wants that live out of a bag feeling, get a few large packing cubes and put them on the shelves.

He could lay the suitcase on the floor of the closet and just flip up the top when he needed something, there would be lots of room for that. We know our larger suitcases fit in the closet because we've always store them there, upright in the far corner by the shelves.

He could lay the suitcase on the floor of the closet and just flip up the top when he needed something, there would be lots of room for that. We know our larger suitcases fit in the closet because we've always store them there, upright in the far corner by the shelves.

Training a husband...Laying the suitcase on the floor of the closet is a good idea. A luggage rack would fit nicely there, if they were provided. I bet you could buy one and schlep it along. Just make sure you hang your dresses above the suitcase...so they get in his way when he is digging around in his suitcase. EM

If he really hates unpacking and wants that live out of a bag feeling, get a few large packing cubes and put them on the shelves.

That's basically what we do except for the things in our hanging bag. ;)

LuLu

I use packing cubes and when I get my bag, just throw the cubes in the wardrobe or drawers. Couldn't be easier. Takes just minutes. This is from the Grand in February/March after three days at sea. :)

74063b606bbe2f5202aa31debf7fde66.jpg

We don't completely unpack - I would never put undies on a shelf or in a draw unless in a plastic bag.

You don't have to put your undies on a shelf or in a drawer unprotected. The packing cubes, or even the large packing plastic bags, take care of that problem. I switched to packing cubes last year, and LOVE them. Everything is all neat and easy to find. And, as Pam said, it takes about 5 minutes to completely unpack, including toiletries.

Maureen

Most cabins on Princess ships have a little round table. Maybe you could move it into the closet and use that.

This is exactly what I did once on a short cruise. Since I usually just stub my toe on the table wherever else it ends up. I put the table in the closet and used it as a luggage rack and placed my suitcase on top, worked great.

Edited by BettyCruiser

We had a one inch flood in our cabin on our last cruise in March. I'm glad everything was hanging in a closet or on a shelf and in a draw. I almost put the luggage to store under the bed, but put it in the back of the closet as usual. Saved myself a lot of aggravation. I usual keep things off the floor to make it easy to have the room cleaned..never thought about a water problem. I also like to "cube" pack, so easy to unpack.

Edited by BRANDEE

We had a one inch flood in our cabin on our last cruise in March. I'm glad everything was hanging in a closet or on a shelf and in a draw. I almost put the luggage to store under the bed, but put it in the back of the closet as usual. Saved myself a lot of aggravation. I usual keep things off the floor to make it easy to have the room cleaned..never thought about a water problem. I also like to "cube" pack, so easy to unpack.

Love my packing cubes! We also put the empty suitcases in the closet. No telling what might be hiding under that bed. :) I use my empty suitcase as a hamper for the dirty clothes.

My DH would be in a bad way if he wanted to live out of a suitcase. I pack, unpack and repack for both of us. And I cross pack us so that if one piece of luggage gets lost then both of us still have clothes for several days. I am also one of those who disinfects the door handles, phone, faucets, table tops etc, and I use the sanitizer wipes to clean the drawers and shelves before putting our clothes in them. I completely unpack everything and put it away and the suitcases go under the bed where they serve as a hamper until I send the laundry out. Dirty laundry is sent out several times throughout the cruise (we always stay in a suite with free laundry) and we go home with mostly clean clothes. That way I am not faced with a mountain of dirty laundry when we get home, nor do we have to pack as much.

Edited by DebJ14