Are luggage racks provided?

weluvtravel

Love my packing cubes! We also put the empty suitcases in the closet. No telling what might be hiding under that bed. :) I use my empty suitcase as a hamper for the dirty clothes.

I use the clear plastic zipper bags that curtains and sheets and tablecloths come in as my cubes for clothing, toiletries and extras. A few years ago, I had to open my luggage for customs..the agent just said wow!! Everything see thru. I took it as a compliment !

We did a land vacation this past spring that had us staying in several hotels over the course of a week, living out of our suitcases. While we had a great time, it truly made me realize how spoiled I am by cruising.

Unpack once and done. I really missed that.

My husband is a "live out of your suitcase" kind of person and does not like to unpack. I haven't cruised in a few years and I can't remember if they have luggage racks in the closet or if you can request one? Thanks for any info!

No, normal size cabins are not conducive to living out of a suitcase.

Have not seen them available.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This is exactly what I did once on a short cruise. Since I usually just stub my toe on the table wherever else it ends up. I put the table in the closet and used it as a luggage rack and placed my suitcase on top, worked great.

I guess that's why the tables end up gouged and scratched and the glass broken. :(

All this talk of packing cubes makes me want to get some! Anything in particular I should look for when purchasing? I love anything that makes unpacking quicker, so I can get on with my vacation!

The Fashion and Beauty board has lots of threads about them and folders. Don't need many but they make organizing easy. Look for specials at ebags.com or Sierra Trading Post.

Only issue is that they do add a little bit of weight.

I'm interested in this also. We were talking about using cubes, but wondered how effective they would be for the return trip when you don't have a vacuum to suck the air out.

I use fabric cubes with mesh tops that have a zipper opening. They can hold a lot when everything is squished in and the top zipped. No need for a vaccum.

I'm interested in this also. We were talking about using cubes, but wondered how effective they would be for the return trip when you don't have a vacuum to suck the air out.

I think most of us are talking about non-vacuum cubes (I'm sold on eBags'). They come in convenient sizes, and if you roll your clothes up, you can get an amazing amount in them. They get shoved into a drawer or on a shelf, unzipped, and there you are, all organized.

Those are compression bags, like Space Savers. There are travel ones ( think whoopee cushion), vacuum ones and some that are both. Can get the air out of the vacuum ones manually but it's not as compressed.

Compression bags

http://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/2-space

Packing Cubes

http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes/b/ebags

Edited by SadieN

Thanks to all for the clarification on packing cubes vs. compression cubes. We will definitely look into packing cubes. I suspect that the ones made out of fabric might be a little lighter as well.

I have found packing cubes and my luggage shelf valuable travel items. Yes, it will take up a little bit of space in your luggage. No, I do not prepack them before loading it into my suitcase (to just pull out and hang). Sure beats having TSA go through your undies (packing cubes) and frees up limited shelving for other things.

luggage%20shelves_zpsg1apl84f.jpg

Crochetcruise here from Australia. I have a set of 3 Packing Organiser Set Case Tidy-this is what the packaging says, bought at my local office of my State Motoring Organisation. Price Member (me) AUD$19.95, Non Member AUD$24.95. Sizes are 18" x 11" with easy view window; 9" x 8" and 11" x 9" each with zip closure. I will pack the larger on the bottom of my suitcase, and the other 2 will form the second layer of packing, Made in China of Polypropylene. May I respectfully suggest you look in a motoring or travel store to see what's available and your local pricing. A kind friend found and bought these for me, I'm planning to do a "Test Pack" and if necessary, buy an extra set myself-it's a great help to "compartmentalise" my packing!

Edited by crochetcruise
Additional information added.

We don't completely unpack - I would never put undies on a shelf or in a draw unless in a plastic bag.

I put plastic grocery bags in the drawers to line them.

I couldn't stand to live out of a suitcase especially on a longer cruise. That's one of the many great things about a cruise--unpack once and travel to many places. After a few days of traveling pre-cruise we can't wait to get on the ship and get unpacked.

Edited by FritzG

Small table into the closet, cover with a towel, open suitcase, hang dresses or suits, leave the rest in the suitcase organized by content in Hefty's jumbo storage slider. Easiest way to get to the fun.

No need to spend extra money on packing bags. As you take the clothes from the slider bags, you can use the empty bags for all sorts of things: wet bathing suits, dirty lingerie, etc.

Also, we all take something we didn't wear; why unpack everything!

OMG, I spent eight years in the military and lived out of my duffle bag (ONLY) for months on end at times. After I got out I swore I'd never again do anything like that. I know everybody's different, but sorry, your husband's NUTS! ;) Kidding.

Otherwise, to be proactive and actually offer up an answer, like has been said, there's limited room, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he'll be able to make it work if he's determined to (on top of a desk; or remove the TV, etc. etc. Worst case scenario, if you have a balcony, all you need then is maybe a good sized rock (ifyouknowwhaimean).