OK so we overnight, where are the excursions

Driveshaft

When on Azamara Journey in Dublin we had special night excursions. So where are the excursions for the Caribbean? It is one thing to have overnight in Curacao on the Eclipse. Celebrity should man up and schedule things for us to do.

When on Azamara Journey in Dublin we had special night excursions. So where are the excursions for the Caribbean? It is one thing to have overnight in Curacao on the Eclipse. Celebrity should man up and schedule things for us to do.

Not sure about Curacao but Celebrity Rep. told me there was a wine tasting. I didn't know they had Vineyards there : ) Here are Posts from another thread. So far looks like two hour pricy outings and over night then forego what was next days Island.

Originally Posted by Christine Frances View Post

Celebrity has started to load evening excursions for the Caribbean overnights. I think there are 5 for Cartegena listed

Select "Evenings around the World" from the "What are you Interested in" section

http://www.celebritycruises.com/asr/...tionCode=CARIB

The following are my quotes:

I had a look at these evening Tours to make up for losing a Port.

Old City by Horse, 2 hours and 15 mins., $100 for two.

Medieval by Horse, 2 hours and 30 mins., $120 for two,

Harbour Cruise, two hours, $160 for two.

Romantic guided walk and a drink (perhaps it's Dom Perignon) two hours and 15 mins., $198 for two. These could be done with time to spare for a late evening sailing.

I would not want to give up an Island for an evening two hour horse and buggy tour.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Not sure about Curacao but Celebrity Rep. told me there was a wine tasting. I didn't know they had Vineyards there : )

The following are my quotes:

I had a look at these evening Tours to make up for losing a Port.

Old City by Horse, 2 hours and 15 mins., $100 for two.

Medieval by Horse, 2 hours and 30 mins., $120 for two,

Harbour Cruise, two hours, $160 for two.

Romantic guided walk and a drink (perhaps it's Dom Perignon) two hours and 15 mins., $198 for two. These could be done with time to spare for a late evening sailing.

I would not want to give up an Island for an evening two hour horse and buggy tour.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I saw your post on the other thread and was surprised that you are unhappy with options in Cartagena. Aren't you overnighting Curaçao?

Edited by Oville

I saw your post on the other thread and was surprised that you are unhappy with options in Cartagena. Aren't you overnighting Curaçao?

You're right...Janewe is overnighting in a different port, so their post must have been hypothetical.

I'm overnighting in Cartagena, and I thought that the five evening options posted so far provide some nice variety for people who want to get off the ship. I've booked independently, but what we're doing is similar to the guided wall walk Celebrity is doing -- but ours includes more and costs less!:D

You're right...Janewe is overnighting in a different port, so their post must have been hypothetical.

I'm overnighting in Cartagena, and I thought that the five evening options posted so far provide some nice variety for people who want to get off the ship. I've booked independently, but what we're doing is similar to the guided wall walk Celebrity is doing -- but ours includes more and costs less!:D

My experience has been that when a ship is in port overnight there isn't much going on on the ship. It's a cost saving issue. You pay for a shoreside experience they provide less food and entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, we are losing Bonaire to overnight in Curacao.

I am, however, tracking what's going on in other Ports with a view of visiting them on a future Cruise if they cancel overnights and let me visit another Island instead.

Let me hasten to add, I have no problem with staying until late evening and sailing over night. In my opinion, this poorly rolled out over night concept will be retracted in short order but probably not soon enough for me.

My experience has been that when a ship is in port overnight there isn't much going on on the ship. It's a cost saving issue. You pay for a shoreside experience they provide less food and entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would expect them to do something similar to what they did on our Baltic cruise when we overnighted in St. Petersburg -- bring local entertainment that's representative of the culture of that country onto the ship for a performance.

Cindy - could let me know the name of your tour operator? We are also overnighting in cartagena and are looking for some ideas. If you dont want to post, could you email me at koolforkatz at shaw dot ca? Thanks so much.

Cindy - could let me know the name of your tour operator? We are also overnighting in cartagena and are looking for some ideas. If you dont want to post, could you email me at koolforkatz at shaw dot ca? Thanks so much.

Sure! We're touring in the evening and the next day with Marelvy Pena-Hall. Here's her contact information:

E-mail: marelvy@gmail.com

There are a lot of great reviews of Marelvy's tours on Trip Advisor. If you decide to contact her, you can refer to what the Cindy R. group is doing on March 20th and 21st. For our day tour, I asked for modifications to her highlights tour, to eliminate some of the shopping and include more local culture. There are also tour descriptions on our March 14th roll call. You might get some other ideas there.

Edited by Cindy

Sure! We're touring in the evening and the next day with Marelvy Pena-Hall. Here's her contact information:

E-mail: marelvy@gmail.com

There are a lot of great reviews of Marelvy's tours on Trip Advisor. If you decide to contact her, you can refer to what the Cindy R. group is doing on March 20th and 21st. For our day tour, I asked for modifications to her highlights tour, to eliminate some of the shopping and include more local culture. There are also tour descriptions on our March 14th roll call. You might get some other ideas there.

Super! Thanks so much, Cindy, and a very happy 4th of July to you :)