Summit has azipod problem leaving from New York

Tangocherie

That sounds a lot like what happened on our Summit cruise this past February. Last night of the cruise and my husband asks what time we were supposed to leave St. Thomas. I told him 5:00. It was 6:00 and we were still docked. Captain made an announcement that there was some problem and they were fixing it. We didn't leave St. Thomas until around 8:00 or so. I figured if it's the last night of the cruise and your stuck in St. Thomas, Oh Well!!! We arrived in San Juan right on time the next morning, no delays.

Kelly

I just caught the end of an audio feed where I heard something about going back to Bayonne for 12-24 hours. Then another statement about departing at 1600 tomorrow.

Since it was the end of a conversation, I can't even confirm that it was the Summit that was communicating (except I did hear Bayonne referenced).

Did anyone else hear the entire conversation?

Edited by Blue_Flame

I just caught the end of an audio feed where I heard something about going back to Bayonne for 12-24 hours. Then another statement about departing at 1600 tomorrow.

Did anyone else catch that?

What I heard was "...be here longer than expected, 12-24 hours..."

I didn't hear a reference to Bayonne, but all that means is I didn't hear it, not that there wasn't one.

Daw and I were just saying that the last time we were watching US v Japan was on our daughter's wedding cruise. There would have been a boatload of stress if we were just parked in the harbor!

I've been monitoring the NYharborwebcam. On the audio feed, I heard that Summit has a problem with one of the azipods. It has asked for permission to berth in the channel. We'll see what happens.

My news feed "Marine Traffic" said it was going to become a floating hotel in New York Harbor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've been monitoring the NYharborwebcam. On the audio feed, I heard that Summit has a problem with one of the azipods. It has asked for permission to berth in the channel. We'll see what happens.

I mean PTZ

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The Summit is in a great location to view the Macy's fireworks.

Oops, that was last night!

Well, the Maasdam broke down and was almost 24 hours late leaving Boston, but they DID get to see the fireworks!