Timing of pickup at Red Hook Port?

Denverite

We will be arriving at Red Hook on Saturday, September 26th at 6:00am on the Regal Princess. I'm thinking of having one of the recommended car services pick us up at 9:00am to drop us off at the Millenium Hilton. Does that sound doable?

For travel to Newark Airport (EWR) from our hotel on Monday morning, our flight leaves at noon. Pick-up at hotel at 9:00am? I'm guessing I will prebook and prepay but wonder if cost would be similar if we just have the hotel call us a limo or large cab. We have 4 people and 4 pieces of luggage. The price for Carmel Limo according to their web site is around $75 plus tolls and tip.

Thanks.

I can't advise you about Princess disembarkation times/procedures at Red Hook. Perhaps someone on the Princess board can help you.

You should book a car service such as Carmel in advance for your trip from the Millenium Hilton to EWR. If you book a car through the hotel concierge you'll likely pay more as the hotel is probably getting a piece of the fare for referring you.

Taxis aren't a good option because you're crossing state lines, which will make you subject to a fare surcharge plus round trip tolls because a NY City taxi can't pick up passengers in NJ and has to return to NY empty. Taxis in NY City can't be reserved or summoned by phone. They can only pick up passengers at designated taxi stands or hailed on the street, so your hotel can't arrange a taxi in advance for you.

A 9 am pick up at your hotel should be fine for a noon flight.