Posh beach recommendations?

CarolinaMamma

Again all you have to do is walk to the other side and you can gave solitude. I hate to say this but cruise passengers tend to be somewhat lazy.

Charles, that walk is pretty far, especially for the elderly or very young. There is no walk ways just sand, and don't forget you have to carry your chairs and umbrella. ImageUploadedByForums1443394307.860251.jpg.de750ada105101d700aa5d894791eae6.jpg Horseshoe when both the Breakaway and Summit are in town.

Charles, that walk is pretty far, especially for the elderly or very young. There is no walk ways just sand, and don't forget you have to carry your chairs and umbrella. [ATTACH]363719[/ATTACH] Horseshoe when both the Breakaway and Summit are in town.

I am officially a recent senior citizen although I don't feel like one yet. I have no problem carrying a chair and umbrella that distance but I tend to walk everywhere. I am not one who drives to the store a block away. I notice that the vast majority of those crowded near the facilities are younger than me and not elderly or infirm. I think they want to be around the other people.

Did you see the recent study on introverts and extroverts? Beach vacation people generally like crowds and mountain vacation people like solitude.

• 3 weeks later...
Our cruise leaves this Thursday and we will be in Bermuda on Saturday only for the day I believe from 8 to 5. Would my husband and I be able to feasibly do Coco Reef in one day? Thanks

You can do it as long as they have space available. Just give yourself sufficient time to get back to the ship by "all aboard" time...generally a half hour before your ship's scheduled departure. The port schedule shows your ship departing at 4 pm...but it could be wrong.

We spent the day at cocoa reef last Monday. We loved it. Be warned, during their near miss with the hurricane two weeks ago, they lost just about all of their beach. When we arrived, they warned us we might not "enjoy" the resort and to go take a look at the beach area that was left. While small, it suited us perfectly. When the tide is high, you can not walk the beach area at all....you literally step down the stairs and a few feet more and you're in the ocean. Low tide was heavenly. They ended up not charging us anything to use their facilities as they felt so bad about the beach. The resort has a lovely small pool and a nice restaurant to have lunch. We had a wonderful day. Can fare, including tip, was $50 each way and took about 40 mins.

• 3 months later...

I am thinking about booking Coco Reef based on these wonderful reviews. A few questions...the restaurant dress code says "elegantly casual" yet several of you mentioned wearing swimsuit cover-ups. Do we just clean up after spending time on the beach and wear "non-wet" clothes? Also, where do you put your beach bags and gear while dining? I will be traveling with my DH and DDs (ages 8, 5, & 3).

Also, the taxi ride seems a little pricey at $50 each way? Is this standard? This will be my first time to Bermuda. Kind of reminds me of Grand Cayman...;)

We would prefer this place to Horseshoe Beach. I know HB is beautiful, but I do not want crazy beach crowds. I will also pay for any extra convenience that I can get as I am travelling with children. Thanks!

Nicole

I am thinking about booking Coco Reef based on these wonderful reviews. A few questions...the restaurant dress code says "elegantly casual" yet several of you mentioned wearing swimsuit cover-ups. Do we just clean up after spending time on the beach and wear "non-wet" clothes? Also, where do you put your beach bags and gear while dining? I will be traveling with my DH and DDs (ages 8, 5, & 3).

Also, the taxi ride seems a little pricey at $50 each way? Is this standard? This will be my first time to Bermuda. Kind of reminds me of Grand Cayman...;)

We would prefer this place to Horseshoe Beach. I know HB is beautiful, but I do not want crazy beach crowds. I will also pay for any extra convenience that I can get as I am travelling with children. Thanks!

Nicole

If you wish to eat lunch on the terrace then a cover up is fine. But if you wish to eat in the indoor dining room then you need to change. It is very elegant and British. The taxi ride is expensive because of the distance. Going home we took the taxi to the ferry.

Hi all, I have emailed Coco Reef twice and I have not recieved any type of confirmation or even an acknowledgement of my email. Perhaps it is a new email or maybe I have it wrong.

Coco Reef Resort

http://www.cocoreefbermuda.com

Above is the link to their site and where you can contact them. I don't know if this is the same email address you used?

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be cheaper to take the ferry to/from Hamiton and then taxi to and from the resort?

We took taxi to resort but they suggested taking taxi to Hamilton and then ferry back to ship. Less expensive and we had time to shop in Hamilton before taking ferry back to ship. Resort will call taxi for you. Very enjoyable day.

Would it be cheaper to take the ferry to/from Hamiton and then taxi to and from the resort?

The taxi fare from the Dockyard to Coco Reef Resort is about $42.00 plus tip for up to 4 passengers, weekday (non-holiday) travel.

A ferry & taxi combo would be:

ferry to Hamilton - $4.50 token per adult

taxi to CRR - about $12.00 plus tip for up to 4 passengers, weekday (non-holiday) travel.

Prices are from 2015.

SBtS

We took taxi to resort but they suggested taking taxi to Hamilton and then ferry back to ship. Less expensive and we had time to shop in Hamilton before taking ferry back to ship. Resort will call taxi for you. Very enjoyable day.

Hi, we have 5 people in our group.

Any of the taxi's take 5 passengers?

Tom