Last time I was on the Allure (2years ago) there was a drip coffee maker in our suite. Does anyone one know if suites still have drip coffee makers or have they been replaced with Keurig type machines. For our upcoming cruise, I want to bring extra coffee and need to know what type to bring. Thanks.

What?

Do suites have their own coffee maker? That's exciting news to me. Is this all suites above JS?

Traveling in my first full suite in 2 months so any info is great. How about a tea kettle?

I just thought it was great I had access to the lounge to grab a cup of coffee or tea anytime.

(not too excited to try the Suite Life am I?)

I have only been in the Aqua Theater Suite. Love, love love the location and the wrap around aft deck. Huge. Booked the same exact suite for our up coming, August 30 Med. Cruise. So I don't know if all the suites have a coffe maker. Would make sense that they would all be the same. Don't know about tea kettle. Couldn't you just run water through coffee maker without the coffee. Showing my ignorance here about making a proper cup of tea.

Still need to know if during dry dock were the coffee makers removed, replaced, or maybe upgraded to a keurig?

Junior Suites and above rooms should have the one cup coffee maker and a kettle.

This is according to the web site listing the amenities.

And we have had this in every Junior Suite and Suite that we have stayed in on our cruises.

Enjoy!

Yes there's a one-cup, drip coffee maker and a tea kettle, BUT the coffee filter pads they provide are huge, more for multiple cups, making that one cup very strong. For our upcoming cruise, I think I'm going to pack those Folger's bags - just like a tea bag. My husband's the coffee drinker and I only drink tea.

The tea kettle works great! On my last couple of cruises I've brought my own tea bags. Really enjoy being able to make a nice, hot cup of tea to enjoy on the balcony.

SonicShip thanks for the photo and everyone else for the info. From the picture, it looks like this is a smaller coffee maker than we had last time. I think the other one was like a 4 cup. Good to know though, as I wanted to bring my own coffee paks and needed to know the size.

We noticed our coffee maker on the Radiance only made a cup at a time not a full pot, so never used it. We were up early enough if we wished coffee, we went to the side room off the WJ to get coffee if it hadn't opened yet.

What?

Do suites have their own coffee maker? That's exciting news to me. Is this all suites above JS?

Traveling in my first full suite in 2 months so any info is great. How about a tea kettle?

I just thought it was great I had access to the lounge to grab a cup of coffee or tea anytime.

(not too excited to try the Suite Life am I?)

even JS have them.

IIRC it's a pod, but not a Keurig pod. kind of like a glorified tea bag. there is a separate Kettle to boil water for tea and hot cocoa( supplied but you can always liberate some from the CL or the Buffet for extra)

Yes there's a one-cup, drip coffee maker and a tea kettle, BUT the coffee filter pads they provide are huge, more for multiple cups, making that one cup very strong. For our upcoming cruise, I think I'm going to pack those Folger's bags - just like a tea bag. My husband's the coffee drinker and I only drink tea.

The tea kettle works great! On my last couple of cruises I've brought my own tea bags. Really enjoy being able to make a nice, hot cup of tea to enjoy on the balcony.

heheh as far as hubster is concerned that pod designed for 4 cups is just barely strong enough for one.

We, too, see them as too weak for the coffee- the old Seattle's Best suppliers made much better coffee- for us.

The other issue with the makers- they are getting old, and the build up of stuff in them means that we have not found any that make a complete cup at once. So what I did was bring my old one cup drip thing, and use it and the kettle for coffee.

When you sail out of the UK all cabins have kettles. It is a great perk being able to have a cup of tea or coffee at any time. I don't know why they don't have them on all ships.

So far, no Keurig machines in any cabins, AFAIK.
I wish, we tried the coffee Only Once, threw it out- it was SO strong, it was enough for 2 cups. I like Starbucks but that was bad.

Put the machine away now and never use it. The coffee bags are just too strong for 1 cup for us. Hilton Hotels have a great 2 cup machine and small coffee bags for each cup. Great little machine.

Edited by CVU

I will be carrying my own coffee for the coffee maker. Just needed to know the size. Great information here. Isn't it nice to have a forum where you can ask a question about a small detail and within hours receive pretty current information. Wonderful.:)

Why make anything!!!!!!!!! Just have room service deliver what & how much you need for a small tip. You are on vacation.

Well, with the huge wrap around balcony we frequently do room service. Love it. Sometimes though we like a quick cup first thing in morning while waiting for room service.

Why make anything!!!!!!!!! Just have room service deliver what & how much you need for a small tip. You are on vacation.

Hubby gets up at 4 am to work out and no way is he going to pay the service charge for a pot of coffee let alone wait the 20-30 minutes when he can have it in 5

We've always done that in the past, but for tea, it's nice to have water that's boiling. And we still order room service every morning. It's just so nice to have that first cup while waiting for the food to get there.

Edited by jules815

I will be carrying my own coffee for the coffee maker. Just needed to know the size. Great information here. Isn't it nice to have a forum where you can ask a question about a small detail and within hours receive pretty current information. Wonderful.:)

If you have ever stayed in a hotel with a one cup coffee maker the size coffee pod they give you works perfectly. Some are small and round and some are small and square, either one works great. When I stay in a hotel I always save the pods I don't use and when cruise time comes I have some for the coffee maker.

If you have ever stayed in a hotel with a one cup coffee maker the size coffee pod they give you works perfectly. Some are small and round and some are small and square, either one works great. When I stay in a hotel I always save the pods I don't use and when cruise time comes I have some for the coffee maker.

I know exactly the type your talking about. I've been trying to find something that size at our local grocery stores, but have only been able to find the larger Maxwell House pods that would be more for a whole pot, or the Folgers, which are like a tea bag.

I really like the coffee in the suites, so I brought a few home with me. The diameter is 4.5 inches.

Hope this helps.

Howard 18, fantastic. That is what I will be looking for. So, you liked the coffee provided by RCL? I don't remember the taste since it has been a couple of years.

I will be taking my own Melitta one-cup coffee pods this time around in our Suite on Oais. The pods they provide are too big and too strong. The hubby drinks a lot of coffee, and these little Melitta I found are delicious.

I will be taking my own Melitta one-cup coffee pods this time around in our Suite on Oais. The pods they provide are too big and too strong. The hubby drinks a lot of coffee, and these little Melitta I found are delicious.

I just did a search on these pods. It says they're for a Senseo or Hamilton Beach systems. Are they just a small version of the large bags that RC provides? They look like they'd be perfect.

Edited by jules815

I didn't Know about the coffee makers...but I never had a suite...but have visited a few in cabin crawls...I guess I need to be a bit more observant. :):):):)

thank you all for the wonderful info. So I can find a tea kettle in a GS on Adventure of the Seas right?

or I'll ask for one. I like having a quiet cup of tea in the mornings, afternoons, evenings. I can't always trust running water in a coffee maker to get tea water. it usually tastes like coffee, same for room service. If they bring me hot water in an urn that had held coffee, yuck. I don't like coffee, so I can taste the oils from a reused pot.

Here's hoping.

I find the large coffee pods they provide to be much too large for the one cup coffee maker. The ones I am talking about provided in hotels are very small- no where 4.5 inches in diameter.

I know some folks use them but I can make at least 4 cups of coffee out of the stuff they provide.

They use Seattle's Best coffee.

Check on line for the small pods. I know Maxwell House makes them but I can never find them in stores around here.

Worst case I would bring the Folger's coffee bags that you are supposed to use in hot water to make coffee, sort of like you do tea. Put them in the coffee maker. It might work.

thank you all for the wonderful info. So I can find a tea kettle in a GS on Adventure of the Seas right?

or I'll ask for one. I like having a quiet cup of tea in the mornings, afternoons, evenings. I can't always trust running water in a coffee maker to get tea water. it usually tastes like coffee, same for room service. If they bring me hot water in an urn that had held coffee, yuck. I don't like coffee, so I can taste the oils from a reused pot.

Here's hoping.

I once had a tea kettle that smelled like coffee, and they brought me a new one.

dixieva thanks for the info. I will look. Since we use a keurig at home, I am not up to speed on what is available here. I will check out our stores and take a variety.

Do a search on Amazon for Melitta coffee pods. Several brands/flavors show up, including Folgers. They appear to be the prefect size.

I just did a search on these pods. It says they're for a Senseo or Hamilton Beach systems. Are they just a small version of the large bags that RC provides? They look like they'd be perfect.

They are just a small circular pod for a one-cup machine. They will work perfect in the RCCL Suite coffee pots provided. I buy the 18 per pkg, medium roast for about $4.99 a bag. Delicious coffee!

We always grab one of those 4 cup jobs from Target or Walmart. Costs about 15 bucks, take your own coffee & a couple of cups. Enjoy fresh hot coffee every morning. Leave it on board when you go. Works for us.:)

Do they provide the same coffee machine on every ship, like Splendour?

Edited by harola

We had a coffee maker in our suite on Splendour. However, we went to the concierge lounge to get cappuccinos (which were really good). One of the benefits of the suite!

Loved having the coffee maker in our JS on Brilliance. The circular pods were Seattle's Best, and made a very strong cup, which I like. I got extra pods from housekeeping because I was drinking so much of it. We also had an electric tea kettle, but I never used it.

I wish RCI would allow guests in regular rooms to request one. I'd even pay a couple of bucks a day for one.

So far, no Keurig machines in any cabins, AFAIK.

And that makes me sad. Coffee pot gets tossed in the closet as soon as we board

We always grab one of those 4 cup jobs from Target or Walmart. Costs about 15 bucks, take your own coffee & a couple of cups. Enjoy fresh hot coffee every morning. Leave it on board when you go. Works for us.:)

:what:Coffee machines are on the prohibited list

When you sail out of the UK all cabins have kettles. It is a great perk being able to have a cup of tea or coffee at any time. I don't know why they don't have them on all ships.

When the Indy wintered in FL, the kettles stayed in the rooms

Edited by John&LaLa