Coffee Makers

thank you all for the wonderful info. So I can find a tea kettle in a GS on Adventure of the Seas right?

or I'll ask for one. I like having a quiet cup of tea in the mornings, afternoons, evenings. I can't always trust running water in a coffee maker to get tea water. it usually tastes like coffee, same for room service. If they bring me hot water in an urn that had held coffee, yuck. I don't like coffee, so I can taste the oils from a reused pot.

Here's hoping.

I find the large coffee pods they provide to be much too large for the one cup coffee maker. The ones I am talking about provided in hotels are very small- no where 4.5 inches in diameter.

I know some folks use them but I can make at least 4 cups of coffee out of the stuff they provide.

They use Seattle's Best coffee.

Check on line for the small pods. I know Maxwell House makes them but I can never find them in stores around here.

Worst case I would bring the Folger's coffee bags that you are supposed to use in hot water to make coffee, sort of like you do tea. Put them in the coffee maker. It might work.

thank you all for the wonderful info. So I can find a tea kettle in a GS on Adventure of the Seas right?

or I'll ask for one. I like having a quiet cup of tea in the mornings, afternoons, evenings. I can't always trust running water in a coffee maker to get tea water. it usually tastes like coffee, same for room service. If they bring me hot water in an urn that had held coffee, yuck. I don't like coffee, so I can taste the oils from a reused pot.

Here's hoping.

I once had a tea kettle that smelled like coffee, and they brought me a new one.

I just did a search on these pods. It says they're for a Senseo or Hamilton Beach systems. Are they just a small version of the large bags that RC provides? They look like they'd be perfect.

They are just a small circular pod for a one-cup machine. They will work perfect in the RCCL Suite coffee pots provided. I buy the 18 per pkg, medium roast for about $4.99 a bag. Delicious coffee!

Loved having the coffee maker in our JS on Brilliance. The circular pods were Seattle's Best, and made a very strong cup, which I like. I got extra pods from housekeeping because I was drinking so much of it. We also had an electric tea kettle, but I never used it.

I wish RCI would allow guests in regular rooms to request one. I'd even pay a couple of bucks a day for one.

We always grab one of those 4 cup jobs from Target or Walmart. Costs about 15 bucks, take your own coffee & a couple of cups. Enjoy fresh hot coffee every morning. Leave it on board when you go. Works for us.:)

:what:Coffee machines are on the prohibited list

When you sail out of the UK all cabins have kettles. It is a great perk being able to have a cup of tea or coffee at any time. I don't know why they don't have them on all ships.

When the Indy wintered in FL, the kettles stayed in the rooms

Edited by John&LaLa

• 1 year later...
Last time I was on the Allure (2years ago) there was a drip coffee maker in our suite. Does anyone one know if suites still have drip coffee makers or have they been replaced with Keurig type machines. For our upcoming cruise, I want to bring extra coffee and need to know what type to bring. Thanks.

Off the Allure in May 2017. Jr. Suites have a one cup Mr. Coffee Makers. However they are still supplying 4 cup coffee pods. They perk over onto the table making a mess and creating way too strong coffee. I have complained for years on numerous cruises. Someone must have ordered millions of these by error. I doubt RCCL even reads their reviews and customer complaints.