Cruise Critic Community
SissasMomE

EPIC's coming back!!!

"Inconvenient" is certainly subjective. When we heard this news, we were thrilled that it was a more convenient port for us.

Totally agree! Next to Tampa, it's the closest port for us. We'd definitely drive over for a weekend cruise on the Epic. We think it's a spectacular ship.

What in the world was the "restroom situation" ... I can't imagine, since, I'm sure we are all used to the "limitations" on any ship in the cabin bathrooms.... very curious ;)

The toilet and shower/tub are on either side of the room, separated by the "hall" into the cabin. On top of that they have frosted glass instead of a solid wall and some people think that they reveal too much. Personally, I had no issue with it. There are other posts with pictures showing the outlay.

For we we have no interest in the 3-4 day cruises. The airfare or ability to drive from Virginia is still too far to make them all that attractive. If I am going to go that far I want to go for at least 7 days. I like Port Canaveral though, but the 3-4 days really are just party cruises and give a very different overall impression of cruising.

For we we have no interest in the 3-4 day cruises. The airfare or ability to drive from Virginia is still too far to make them all that attractive. If I am going to go that far I want to go for at least 7 days. I like Port Canaveral though, but the 3-4 days really are just party cruises and give a very different overall impression of cruising.

The Epic will also be doing 7-day sailings. The short cruises are only during certain months. I believe it gave the months in the press release.

Have been very tempted to book the New Year Canary Islands and Morocco cruise advertised on Epic for 28th Dec 2016.

Was disappointed to here we will be losing her before this but confused as to why the cruise in Winter 2016 is still for sale on UK site if she will be sailing from PC by then?

What happens with guests who have already booked and reserved their cabins? Poor show by NCL in my opinion - at the very least it shouldn't still be advertised for sale.

Similar situation is currently happening with the (now 6 night) Iberian Peninsula cruise following dry dock on 19th October. 7 day cruise still advertised for sale from 18th October although the ship will still be in dry dock...

Just hope NCL pulls their socks up soon

This is bitter sweet for me. I love the idea Epic is back in the states in Florida but disappointed she is not coming back to Miami. I would gladly trade Getaway for Epic in Miami.

Oh, not me! I'm ecstatic as Port Canaveral is driving distance for us!