'The Voice' TV Show Comes to Princess Cruises

LauraS

I read the hysteria into it, too, but now that you've clarified it: that you would pass on Princess and probably book something else instead if The Voice was listed as the main entertainment--that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is the conclusion being made by some that this will replace other entertainment.

I can't fathom coming to this website, looking for any possible negative thread one can find and making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Edited by Mom33

If they advertised the newest line of Maybelline cruises, my initial reaction would be to look elsewhere, too. I mean the headliner may be pretty and all, but.... Still, if the itinerary and price were the best out there, I might eventually go into it with an open mind, but I would have to overcome the fact that they were naming the cruise after something I have absolutely no interest in. But OTOH if it's the Chef Gordon Ramsey cruise, there's no overcoming anything--I will have an excited SO on my hands.

Edited by tetleytea

What doesn't make sense is the conclusion being made by some that this will replace other entertainment.

I can't fathom coming to this website, looking for any possible negative thread one can find and making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I agree. No one has said this is replacing any other entertainment. No one has said it will be the "featured" entertainment. No one has said it will be the only entertainment. No one has said attendance is mandatory, and so far, it's on only three or four ships. Still, we've got people threatening boycotts. The over-reaction is so definitively hysterical. Yes. That's the best word to describe it.

Edited by shredie

no one has said it's the only entertainment onboard. :rolleyes: No one has said you must attend or else. I don't get why people are getting all hostile about this and panicking. I don't like karaoke, won't go see this show, but i'm not going to boycott princess because of it. What's with the hysteria?

some people just like to see their name on this site without any thought to what others may or may not like. If they don't want to participate, o.k., if they do, o.k. It is not the end of the world, and, it does not take away from the normal entertainment princess will offer.

If people like it great! Go and enjoy!

But the point is that it has already reduced the professional entertainment onboard (Crown in July) and therefore reduces the choices for those of us not interested in "reality TV/school variety show" type activities. It is not in addition to offerings but seems to be replacing current options. The entertainment is something that cruise lines promote as part of the overall cruise experience. It is disappointing.....not the end of the world and no one here has said that.

Edited by mcgratru