Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrivesLikeMario

Home from the Coral Princess!

What a terrific cruise! The weather couldn't have been more perfect. The seas were so flat! I've seen bigger waves in our pool! We were lucky to meet some very nice people from the board on the first day of our cruise. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we look forward to using our future booking with Princess soon!

Any questions about the Coral Princess?

--------------------------

'04 Navigator of the Seas

'04 Monarch of the Seas

'04 Coral Princess

'03 Monarch of the Seas

'02 Adventure of the Seas

'02 Ecstasy

'01 Radiance of the Seas

'01 Grand Princess

'01 Viking Serenade

'00 Grand Princess

'99 Viking Serenade

'98 Elation

Just curious...Was your cruise director Brian Price? We sailed on the Royal 5 times, and he was the director on all but one. He left to go to the Coral after our last cruise together to South America. He's from Wales, and we found him to be fantastic. I'm almost ready to book a cruise on a ship where he is working, although I believe the Coral's itinerary at this time is to Alaska, and we've been there many times. We always like to try something new, although Alaska was fantastic.

Yes Brian Price was our cruise director. We had a great cruise

Cruising is the way to go-----Cindy

Lady Jag. We're on the Coral in Oct. and have booked Cat. BD cabin C427 -- it's mid ship on the bump out section on Caribe deck. Know anything about the location? I prefer a mini, but Princess is only selling them on a guarantee basis, and I definitely do not want a cabin on the Dolphin deck. So in this case, I'd rather be certain of a midship balcony cabin on another deck. We are on a wait list for Aloha or Baja for a midship mini.

KB

NCL NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

ISLAND PRINCESS - NOV. 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

CORAL PRINCESS - OCT. 2004

KAJOKG - Personally, I didn't like the mini-suites on the bump out sections because their balconies are so narrow. Definitely stay midship though. Our tablemates had the forward mini-suites and they said their cabins were rocking and rolling so badly in 3.5 ft. waves, that they couldn't sleep all night one night!! They said it felt like someone was constantly pushing you back and forth. We didn't experience ANYTHING like that mid-ship on the same deck.

Cindy - Sorry we missed you and Bob at the sailaway party. It was fun to get to meet everyone!

HMA - As Cindy said, yes, Brian Price was the CD. He was a bit hard to figure out and the crew was still trying to adjust to the way he ran things. He did some very different activities and according to a couple crew members we talked to, Brian was 'stirring things up' a bit and it was a period of adjustment (a good one I think) for the crew.

I was surprised at the amount of Asian crew members. Lots of people from the Phillipines vs. 3 yrs. ago when so many of the crew were from the former Soviet countries. Our cabin steward was the best we've EVER had! Our waiter was also really excellent! The ship itself is very beautiful, especially in the atrium area.

After 10 nights, I still was confused about which was fore and aft. I think having the Horizon Court in the bow and the gym in the aft (opposite of the usual ship layout) was what got me so confused. Ofcourse, by the second day, my 11 yr. old knew every nook & cranny and was even helping a couple new crew members find their way around. Give me a mall and I'm okay, but this ship was confusing!

'04 Monarch of the Seas

'04 Coral Princess

'03 Monarch of the Seas

'02 Ecstasy

'01 Radiance of the Seas

'01 Grand Princess

'01 Viking Serenade

'00 Grand Princess

'99 Viking Serenade

'98 Elation

Lady Jag,

We have a balcony cabin in the bump-out section, B435. Do you know if there is room for a lounger on the balcony as well as the table and 2 chairs?

Did you do the balcony lobster dinner or the balcony champagne breakfast? What is the price for 2 for these events?

Thanks for your help!

kckitties

Coral Princess 10/21/04

kckitties - Definitely not room for a lounger on the bump-out mini-suites' balconies, sorry. The chairs that recline a little work well though and you can always put your feet up on the other chair, but then there's just room for 1 person.

Sorry, didn't do either of the balcony meals they offered. My husband would've starved (lol) if he only had 1 lobster!! icon_wink.gif He ate 3 in the dining room in addition to all the other food and no, he's not fat at all! Not fair, is it? icon_biggrin.gif

'04 Monarch of the Seas

'04 Coral Princess

'03 Monarch of the Seas

'02 Ecstasy

'01 Radiance of the Seas

'01 Grand Princess

'01 Viking Serenade

'00 Grand Princess

'99 Viking Serenade

'98 Elation

Thanks Lady Jag. Princess did offer me a mini forward -- 201 or 203. I don't mind aft, but I don't like forward at all, so I didn't book that one. Think I'll stick with what I have. Appreciate your reply.

KB

NCL NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

KAJOKG, I have some pictures of our balcony on Caribe deck. We were in C427 and it was great. Not very large but OK. Since we were two couples together (we were in C427 and they were in C501), we had the door between our cabins opened so it was a bit bigger...

You can go to:

Our Panama cruise on the Webshot site...

or you can go to the link in my signature. That one has more pictures...

I'm sure you will love your cabin !

Have a great cruise !

Alain R.

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

March 20, 2005 -> Dawn Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

2005 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

"Stars are brighter when you look at them from sea !"

AlainBob,

We are on the Coral for Thanksgiving 2004 Panama Canal cruise. I was very interested in seeing your pictures but was denied access because I was not the album owner. Would you tell me how to access the album. I'd really love to see your pictures.

Debbie

The bump out balconies on the Caribe decks are fine and would fit a lounger. It is the Baja and Aloha decks that have the small balconies in the bump out sections.

Scott

Hi Debbie (ruffsmom) !

The site where I have put my pictures is Sony's ImageStation. Just like here, you have to be a member to be abble to see the pictures and participate. So, all you have to do is to "join in" ! Don't worry, it's free and you should not receive any junk mail after... Once you will become a member, you'll be abble to see anyone's album... and there is a lot, believe me !

I prefer to use this site instead of Webshot because it's free. On Webshot, you can put 240 pics for free and then you have to pay... At ImageStation, it's free all the way !

Hope this help ! And tell me if you like my pictures !

Alain R.

Just go to:

... and enjoy !

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Alain, these pcitures are great. I am booked on Coral in C418 for October, so I enjoyed the glimpse in to my future cabin icon_smile.gif

Some notes I have made to myself after viewing your pictures:

learn to REALLY work the digital camera before the trip.

get extra memory cards and battery!

get up early for sun rise!

martini's photo nicely icon_wink.gif

so does champagne!

need a cute straw hat (hate hats though!)

Thanks for the preview!

Mary Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAJOKG:

Lady Jag. We're on the Coral in Oct.

We are on the Coral also in Oct. Oct 21 sailing....u?

NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

CORAL PRINCESS - OCT. 2004<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emerald of the Seas 1980's

Carnival Holiday 1980's

Grand Princess 9/2000

Sun Princess 10/2/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 Coral Princess

Originally posted by Angie in Alabama:
Originally posted by KAJOKG:

Lady Jag. We're on the Coral in Oct.

We are on the Coral also in Oct. Oct 21 sailing....u?

I am as well!

Mary Beth

Angie and mbw....we're on the next sailing after you, Oct. 31. Keep the ship clean for us!!!!

KB

NCL NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

Hi Mary Beth (mbw1024),

Glad you enjoyed my pictures !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...learn to REALLY work the digital camera before the trip <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true ! Even with a "standard" camera (the one with film), you have to know your equipment if you want to do some good pictures... icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> get extra memory cards and battery!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True again. BTW, we used the option of opening an account with the photo facilities on the ship. They will download your memory card in "your" folder and, at the end of the cruise, they will give you a CD with all your pictures on it. I know some people had problems with this system (see other thread) but it worked fine with us. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> get up early for sun rise! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... yep ! and don't forget the sunset as well ! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> martini's photo nicely

so does champagne!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> need a cute straw hat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine is a Tilley hat. You can have a look at their online catalog at The Tilley hat... THE best hat in the world ! I have an LT5 for summer and a Tilley winter hat... icon_biggrin.gif

Have a great cruise !

Alain R.

Just go to:

... and enjoy !

Angie in Alabama and mbw1024,

Check out the Princess Roll Call board for Coral Princess - 10/21/04. There are a few more Cruise Critic people on our sailing!

Rosanne

(kckitties)

Coral Princess 10/21/04

AlainBob,

I enjoyed your pictures! How did you arrange a tour of the bridge?

Rosanne

(kckitties)

Coral Princess 10/21/04

Rosanne (kckitties),

Glad you enjoyed my pictures !

For the bridge tour, it was a gift from the CD Richard Joseph. I first chat with him on Cruise Critic after I simply post a thread asking "Who is the CD on the Coral Princess ?". He personnaly replied to the question and said he would like to meet us on the ship... So, we met him after the "welcome aboard" show and ... bingo !... He gave us souvenirs (T-shirts, pens, clocks, champagne icon_eek.gif etc) and he organised a visit of the bridge for us...

I think he is actually off duty and he should join the Island Princess for the Alaska season. He told me that he might consider opening a thread here so people can ask him questions... I suggested that he should tell that to all the other Princess CD's ! It should be fun to ask questions directly to a CD ! Don't you think ?

Anyway, it was a great cruise and anyone who have the opportunity to sail on a ship where Richard Joseph is the CD, don't miss his "Ships - Where are they now ?" lecture ! It is awesome ! This guy knows the cruising industry like no other !

Have a great cruise on the Coral ! It's the most beautiful ship of the fleet !

Alain R.

Just go to:

... and enjoy !

KAJOKG - I see you don't want a cabin on the Dolphin deck, would you mind telling me why? We're booked in a mini suite on the Dolphin deck and if that's not a good deck I want to move. We don't cruise until next March so I have plenty of time to change if I need to.

Thanks,

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Inspiration - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

We are booked on Coral Princess for May 15, 04 in cabins A339 and A607. We have never cruised before. One of the cabins has a red dot indicator on the princess web site. What does this mean? And, are these cabins OK?, or should we try to move. None of us want to be "rocking and rolling." Any advice would be helpful.