Cruise Critic Community
pizzalady1

Dawn Breakfast Buffet

Does the Dawn have a smaller second buffet during breakfast? On the Sun, you could go to Moderno's on the other side of the ship and they had a much smaller, quieter buffet. On the Jewel you could go across the ship to La Cusina.

Edited by pizzalady1

When we were on the Dawn in June they had a small breakfast buffet set up in the Blue Lagoon across from Maderno. Never used it but heard people say it was decent.

When I sailed on the Dawn in March 2014 they had a buffet setup in Moderno's area rather than the normal menu breakfast in Blue Lagoon. I remember because I love the scrambled egg croissant from the Blue Lagoon menu, and was disappointed that I couldn't get it. I'm hoping someone will chime in and say they've discontinued this and gone back to the Blue Lagoon menu, but I'm not optimistic.

Small buffet is across from Moderno.

Across from Moderno is Blue Lagoon?

Edited by rvsullivan

Across from Moderno is Blue Lagoon?

Yep, it is the Blue Lagoon. This small buffet is not nearly as convenient as when it is close to the big buffet. Sometimes you need to run over to the big buffet to grab something that the small buffet is temporarily out of. One day the toaster in the little buffet broke down so I whipped to the other side of the ship to toast my English muffin.:)

Does the Dawn have a smaller second buffet during breakfast? On the Sun, you could go to Moderno's on the other side of the ship and they had a much smaller, quieter buffet. On the Jewel you could go across the ship to La Cusina.

When we were on the Dawn, yes they did, but it was very small. It was across from Blue Lagoon, which was Modernos then. That was a little over a year ago.

When I sailed on the Dawn in March 2014 they had a buffet setup in Moderno's area rather than the normal menu breakfast in Blue Lagoon. I remember because I love the scrambled egg croissant from the Blue Lagoon menu, and was disappointed that I couldn't get it. I'm hoping someone will chime in and say they've discontinued this and gone back to the Blue Lagoon menu, but I'm not optimistic.
There was nothing happening in Moderno's at breakfast time last month. They had the breakfast menu posted at the Blue Lagoon, including the scrambled egg croissant, but we never ate there. We did stop by several times for a cup of coffee and a pastry (self-service), but I didn't notice if they also had a hot buffet set up. If they did, it must have been very small and nothing like the selection you get upstairs at the main buffet.