Beach Bar or Beach Club

Tagong

Hi all - I have frequented this board over the last 6-months as we are booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise in January/February 2016. I've read a lot about some great beaches but none are exactly what we're hoping to find. I understand that what we'd like may not exist which is fine as we will have a good time on any beach but figured I'd ask before making a decision.

I'm looking for reco's for an excellent beach day. Here is a little bit about us and what we're looking for:

- 4 adults (32-38yrs) and 2 kids (18 months to 3.5 yrs) [we aren't worried about napping schedules we'll be on the beach all day]

- calm, clean water (if you know a beach that is protected by a reef or is more calm than others please let me know)

- nice facilities (bar/restaurant/clean washrooms - shower is a bonus)

- chair and umbrella rentals available (maybe they have cabanas?)

- we don't mind paying a little more for more amenities and better quality

I haven't heard of any place that offers cabanas yet. Interested in one of these for the little ones. It doesn't need to be as elaborate as what you'd find on the private islands but something that provides a little more space and a little more shade than a traditional umbrella and chair.

If this doesn't exist I'd very much welcome any other beach suggestions. I have heard the following are good and it sounds like they meet most of my (picky?) criteria: Anse Mitan.

Thanks in advance,

• 1 year later...
Hi all - I have frequented this board over the last 6-months as we are booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise in January/February 2016. I've read a lot about some great beaches but none are exactly what we're hoping to find. I understand that what we'd like may not exist which is fine as we will have a good time on any beach but figured I'd ask before making a decision.

I'm looking for reco's for an excellent beach day. Here is a little bit about us and what we're looking for:

- 4 adults (32-38yrs) and 2 kids (18 months to 3.5 yrs) [we aren't worried about napping schedules we'll be on the beach all day]

- calm, clean water (if you know a beach that is protected by a reef or is more calm than others please let me know)

- nice facilities (bar/restaurant/clean washrooms - shower is a bonus)

- chair and umbrella rentals available (maybe they have cabanas?)

- we don't mind paying a little more for more amenities and better quality

I haven't heard of any place that offers cabanas yet. Interested in one of these for the little ones. It doesn't need to be as elaborate as what you'd find on the private islands but something that provides a little more space and a little more shade than a traditional umbrella and chair.

If this doesn't exist I'd very much welcome any other beach suggestions. I have heard the following are good and it sounds like they meet most of my (picky?) criteria: Anse Mitan.

Thanks in advance,

http://lepetibonum.com

Previous Thread Exchange

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2434512