Cruise Critic Community
theremin

Viking Cruises – Empty Refunds – Customer Expectations

But would they really cancel? Has anyone asked to delay that payment schedule or even pay over several months? I guess I could risk it and not pay until sometime before the 90 days before sailing. Is Viking's wording to "encourage" us to pay sooner but not demand it? Anyone have experience here on this issue with Viking?

We reserved a June 2016 Viking Ocean cruise in May, 2014, and were REQUIRED to pay IN FULL at that time (2+ years in advance). Here's what my TA passed on when I questioned it:

"I called Viking and they stated because you are in the 2 for 1 promotion final payment would have to be made by May 31,2014. I kept asking her if she was sure and she said yes. You would have to pay brochure rates at $20,529 in order to not be able to pay final until 121 days prior to sailing."

Now "2 for 1 promotion" is the standard quoted fee, so that's BS. I live in the US, not New Zealand. Different countries have different protections for consumers.

We ended up canceling the cruise a few months ago (nothing to do with Viking's problems, just a change of plans), and got the full refund (minus the $200, or whatever it was) within 10 business days.

Dear agruzer,

We regret to hear you have opted to cancel your trip and will not be joining us aboard Viking Star this September. Customer service is important to us and we would happy to discuss the details of your disappointing experience further. Should you wish to do the same, please contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We are so glad we are NOT going on the Viking Star. They treated us very poorly when they cancelled our pre-trip. After reading these posts, we are quite relieved that we cancelled our Sept. 15th cruise with Viking Ocean. Also feel lucky to have gotten all our money back.

We booked Viking Sea in September 2014 for June 2016 Baltic Jewels & the Midnight Sun for a 50th anniversary special trip--and had to pay in full within a very short period of time--about 20 months from the date of the cruise. I think we could get some of our money back if we cancelled, but deferring final payment was not an option. We included in our booking the Viking Air option, just in case, but were lucky to get Saver Award Business Class air with miles, so did not need Viking's air. After reading other posts, it sounds like we would have had substantial additional fees and hassles if we had wanted to specify any aspect of our air travel, so I'm glad we aren't using Viking Air.

What I'd really like to gripe about, however, is the fact that we cancelled the Viking Air service on October 6; it is now November 12, and, in spite of three calls to Viking from our TA, we still have not received the $2190.00 refund. Viking Ocean's business model seems to be to hold on to customer's cash as long as humanly possible--which doesn't give one confidence that they are on a strong financial footing. We were booked on Oceania's Insignia for the cruise that was to follow the ill-fated fire in St. Lucia, and Oceania couldn't have been better to work with making us whole and then some.

And, by the way, in February 2015, friends of ours booked the Midnight Sun portion of our same June 2016 trip, were told to pay in full, and have yet to be told that they actually have a stateroom--Viking is just holding their money without assuring them that they will be able to travel. I know the Viking website showed most categories were "sold out" at the time they tried to book, but to take their money without providing confirmation that they can sail is extremely poor customer service. It feels like Viking Oceans, in spite of a beautiful ship, hasn't learned how to operate smoothly. Almost makes us want to cancel.

Dear LesSails80435,

Your concern caught our attention as the refund wait time you’ve described is much longer than the typical 2-4 week window we allow for refund processing.

Please contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we may troubleshoot the delay and, if possible, expedite your refund.

We apologize for the refund delay and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

We booked Viking Sea in September 2014 for June 2016 Baltic Jewels & the Midnight Sun for a 50th anniversary special trip--and had to pay in full within a very short period of time--about 20 months from the date of the cruise. I think we could get some of our money back if we cancelled, but deferring final payment was not an option. We included in our booking the Viking Air option, just in case, but were lucky to get Saver Award Business Class air with miles, so did not need Viking's air. After reading other posts, it sounds like we would have had substantial additional fees and hassles if we had wanted to specify any aspect of our air travel, so I'm glad we aren't using Viking Air.

What I'd really like to gripe about, however, is the fact that we cancelled the Viking Air service on October 6; it is now November 12, and, in spite of three calls to Viking from our TA, we still have not received the $2190.00 refund. Viking Ocean's business model seems to be to hold on to customer's cash as long as humanly possible--which doesn't give one confidence that they are on a strong financial footing. We were booked on Oceania's Insignia for the cruise that was to follow the ill-fated fire in St. Lucia, and Oceania couldn't have been better to work with making us whole and then some.

And, by the way, in February 2015, friends of ours booked the Midnight Sun portion of our same June 2016 trip, were told to pay in full, and have yet to be told that they actually have a stateroom--Viking is just holding their money without assuring them that they will be able to travel. I know the Viking website showed most categories were "sold out" at the time they tried to book, but to take their money without providing confirmation that they can sail is extremely poor customer service. It feels like Viking Oceans, in spite of a beautiful ship, hasn't learned how to operate smoothly. Almost makes us want to cancel.

This is why I WILL NOT TRAVEL VIKING OCEAN EVER AGAIN!!

We were on the September 3rd Sailing, Venice to Barcelona. Too many inconveniences on this voyage to go into. Just the fact that they had our money for TWO YEARS and our flights were not direct. We had layovers coming and going.

We only booked because we enjoyed their River Cruise and thought this would top that. A DEFINITE NO!!. We've been on nicer Ships with nicer ports for less money..

It must be a coincidence, but the morning after posting that our refund was overdue, it appeared in our cc account. However, the issue of our friends now some 7+ months without hearing anything (confirmation or otherwise) from Viking after paying in full, is very distressing.

So, Viking, thank you for your prompt response to this thread, but our refund has just now been received.

This is why I WILL NOT TRAVEL VIKING OCEAN EVER AGAIN!!

We were on the September 3rd Sailing, Venice to Barcelona. Too many inconveniences on this voyage to go into. Just the fact that they had our money for TWO YEARS and our flights were not direct. We had layovers coming and going.

We only booked because we enjoyed their River Cruise and thought this would top that. A DEFINITE NO!!. We've been on nicer Ships with nicer ports for less money..

We are planning the same cruise in August. Would you please share a bit more what the issue were you experienced on your trip? TIA

After what just happened in Paris last night, my annoyances seem so trite..

What I will say and hopefully this has been corrected was the inability to control the air conditioning throughout the ship. It was so uncomfortably cold. The only warm area was near the winter garden. Trite again, when asked for soda water with lime, I was ALWAYS given their gassed water with lemon!!. I had to physically go to the bar myself and get a bottle of soda water...There is NO half & half for coffee, and the cream is under lock and key!! ( an exaggeration ) they did get it after asking several times.The included excursions were boring...Entertainment was church production like.. The kids tried really hard...I felt badly for them.

Another weird thing was that the life preservers were not in the rooms. They are kept on the deck where the life boats are. I asked what the reasoning was for this and was told by an officer it was to keep them clean and in good condition?????

We did use their air included...big mistake...they layovers were 4 hours..coming and going..we always had direct flights when we used other cruise lines. And as far as their insurance goes, if you read the back posts on Cruise Critic, when they had the breakdown in Tallinn, Estonia, two cruises before mine it was a joke..also they had exploding shower doors..I was stressed before I left not knowing what to expect. I wanted to cancel but I would have lost all my money!

Lastly, having paid upfront TWO years before we sailed was crazy. Regent, Oceania, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean didn't ask for this..what were we thinking...LESSON LEARNED!!!!

Again, after what happened last night put this all into perspective. HOW IMPORTANT WAS IT??

Yeah, I would have to admit all the reasons you gave certainly would convince me to never sail with a company again. I know I would never sail with somebody that does not have half &I half.

Mammacat ... thank you so much for answering me.

Would you mind sharing a bit more why the excursions were disappointing/boring for you? Having included tours was one of the reasons we went with Viking so I am interested in your views.

I agree that having to pay so far in advance is a deterrent to me to choose Viking again.

PRaffen, although we were on a different itinerary, Istanbul to Venice, I would like to offer a different perspective.

Yes, the advance payment does rankle some people. It does not bother me, as I use a rewards credit card and what I would receive on the interest in the bank is negligible.

As for Viking Air, when we booked our Viking Oceans cruise, we chose to book our own airfare, as the cost of the airfare was less and we were doing a postcruise stay on our own. We were unable to find flights without layovers, so I don't believe that is the fault of Viking Air. We have used Viking Air on two river cruises and have been very pleased with the flights we have been assigned.

Regarding the included excursions; we did a mix of included and optional excursions on our Viking Oceans cruise, as we usually do on our river cruises. My husband and I enjoyed all the excursions. We thought the guides were great; knowledgeable and entertaining.

This is not to say that Mammacat did not have the experience she did. Her experience is her experience. Just wanted to give you a different perspective.

We are booked for Barcelona to Venice next October.

Becki

We were on the 50 day maiden cruise, so keep in mind this was the first time Viking had excursions in any of the ports. I'm sure many of the wrinkles we experienced have been ironed out by now. While some of the excursions were good, my major complaint was the groups were way to large. Many of the tours were 45+ people which is way too many. In addition, Viking tends to send out one group on top of another so group after group tends to descend upon the one before, so that you easily end up with several hundred people jammed into the same sight. This happens mainly with the included tours, but one of our optional tours had 49 sight-seeing people on the bus, which only sat 50 - the last seat was taken by the tour guide. Four equally full busses headed to the same sight - the London Eye. As you can imagine, the line was incredibly long.

We were on the 50 day maiden cruise, so keep in mind this was the first time Viking had excursions in any of the ports. I'm sure many of the wrinkles we experienced have been ironed out by now. While some of the excursions were good, my major complaint was the groups were way to large. Many of the tours were 45+ people which is way too many. In addition, Viking tends to send out one group on top of another so group after group tends to descend upon the one before, so that you easily end up with several hundred people jammed into the same sight. This happens mainly with the included tours, but one of our optional tours had 49 sight-seeing people on the bus, which only sat 50 - the last seat was taken by the tour guide. Four equally full busses headed to the same sight - the London Eye. As you can imagine, the line was incredibly long.

We were on the July 25 terminated cruise so we only had a limited experience with Viking excursions and had never used ship included tours previously so I don't know if this is typical of cruise ship tours. We took the included tours for Stockholm and Helsinki. Both times there were a lot of people on the bus (full bus loads). We got out of the bus once in Stockholm and twice in Helsinki. The tours were basically a drive thru and with that many people I can see why you can't repeatedly get on and off the bus in a limited time span. In St Petersburg we had arranged a private tour with Alla for both days. It was great and a highlight of the trip. We had only 8 people. In Tallinn (where the ship unfortunately terminated) we opted out of our included tour since the group was very large and it was a walking tour. The remaining days that we had to stay in Tallinn the tours were free and tended to be those of the optional pay extra kind. Since we had nothing to do for the days we were stuck in Tallinn the tours booked up quickly and they were full bus loads. The tours that Viking arranged for us in Bergen where we were flown to complete the "cruise" were not typical of the included or optional tours that Viking offers from the ship ports. These tours were arranged to compensate for the missed ports and were full day tours with lunch.

Viking appeared to have gotten their act together in relation to not making you wait in the lounge for a long time. When they called you number you exited the ship and the bus was there. The problem is the large number of people participating in the tour and lack of deviating from the schedule if you want to.

We aren't fans of large group touring. We have always arranged private tours with people we met on our roll calls. You arrange the agenda and call the shots and you don't have to get back on the bus at a specific time or wait for stragglers and you can go at the rate you want. I have no idea what the Viking River tours are like. Since the passenger load is less perhaps the tours are smaller.

Edited by TERRIER1

PRaffen

So, INCLUDED excursions. Venice, INCLUDED, this was our third time there. It simply was a boat ride showing the sites. It was very crowded and it was difficult to hear the guide. Split, INCLUDED, we were there before, it poured so we stayed onboard..if I had not been there I would definitely have walked around even in the rain, it's so beautiful. Dubrovnik, INCLUDED. I loved this beautiful city. We were there on a weekend. When we got to the old town, it was so crowded as explained from blog above. Had to wait while others from our ship finished...it was wall to wall people! I'm sure the weekend didn't help and it was a beautiful day...Corfu, INCLUDED, you drive around on bus, they point out sites, you get out, take pictures, get back on bus. Was there before also. I'm surprised that Santorini was not an offered port, that was truly beautiful, and ship is usually tendered. Lots of walking, nice restaurants...Pisa, INCLUDED, beautiful weather. We were there before but went to Cinque Terre along Amalfi Coast. Which was an included tour. Monte Carlo, we were supposed to be anchored, windy weather caused us to be tendered. The tender boats had many problems getting passengers back onto the ship as it was rolling with the waves. Many were seasick from that one. Toulon, we last minute purchased A day in Aix-en-Provence$$ We enjoyed that and included a very delicious lunch. It was 7.5 hours. Barcelona, INCLUDED, we were there before. Another bus ride. My first time INCLUDED tour with another cruise line was a trip to Monserrat which included taking the funicular up to see the Black Virgin.

Barcelona shows two days, we had one day. Our flight was at 6am. We had to leave the ship at 3 am..so we just walked around Barcelona on our own after the bus ride, came back ate dinner, packed stayed up until we had to leave..

The comment from above re the half and half, I should have specified CREAM. Europe does NOT have half/half, only 4% milk. Honestly, if they're serving wine etc, why not cream to go with coffee, it's the little things...

Sent from my iPad

We were on the July 11 Homelands cruise from Bergen to Stockholm. We did the included tours everywhere except Berlin and St. Petersburg. We did not want to ride 3 hours each way to spend a couple of hours in Berlin so we stayed in Warnemaude for the day. It was a great little resort town and we walked back and forth from there multiple times and had the ship almost all to ourselves when we would "return home". All of the included tours on our trip were adequate and some were really good. We got to see the highlights of most all the places we went and Viking furnished free shuttles back and forth to the ship when the center of town was more than just a few blocks away from where we ported. Some tours were mainly bus tours seeing and hearing about the highlights and some were walking tours. We usually had time to explore on our own after or before our included tour. That is when the shuttles really came in handy. We chose to do a private tour in St. Pete because we viewed it as a once in a lifetime port and wanted to be able to see as much as we could there. We were glad we made that choice.

I hope you won't be discouraged by any of the negativity you read here. The ship is so pretty and the rooms are very comfortable. The shower glass incident was so unfortunate with it coming on the heels of the ship breaking down. I think any new ship is going to have some issues and any new company is going to have more. You cannot expect Viking to enter the ocean game and be able to take away the very best guides from all the other players. I think they did a very good job for being so new. We would not hesitate to sale with them again. The gelato alone is worth the trip....seriously it was fabulous. Relax and enjoy planning your trip. It is going to be wonderful!!

Dear Mammacat,

Welcome home. We regret to learn of the various annoyances that led to your overall disappointment aboard Viking Star.

As the inaugural season of Viking Oceans comes to an end, we remain very interested in guest feedback and appreciate recommendations to improve.

Please contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we may put you directly in touch with a Viking representative best-suited to listen to, and resolve, your concerns.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

After what just happened in Paris last night, my annoyances seem so trite..

What I will say and hopefully this has been corrected was the inability to control the air conditioning throughout the ship. It was so uncomfortably cold. The only warm area was near the winter garden. Trite again, when asked for soda water with lime, I was ALWAYS given their gassed water with lemon!!. I had to physically go to the bar myself and get a bottle of soda water...There is NO half & half for coffee, and the cream is under lock and key!! ( an exaggeration ) they did get it after asking several times.The included excursions were boring...Entertainment was church production like.. The kids tried really hard...I felt badly for them.

Another weird thing was that the life preservers were not in the rooms. They are kept on the deck where the life boats are. I asked what the reasoning was for this and was told by an officer it was to keep them clean and in good condition?????

We did use their air included...big mistake...they layovers were 4 hours..coming and going..we always had direct flights when we used other cruise lines. And as far as their insurance goes, if you read the back posts on Cruise Critic, when they had the breakdown in Tallinn, Estonia, two cruises before mine it was a joke..also they had exploding shower doors..I was stressed before I left not knowing what to expect. I wanted to cancel but I would have lost all my money!

Lastly, having paid upfront TWO years before we sailed was crazy. Regent, Oceania, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean didn't ask for this..what were we thinking...LESSON LEARNED!!!!

Again, after what happened last night put this all into perspective. HOW IMPORTANT WAS IT??

My wife and I have been and will continue to be very frequent cruisers; I can state rather empathetically we won't ever use Viking again.

First let me say we had a very good experience with Viking River Cruises back in 2007 when we did China and we raved about it many times while doing ocean cruisers on other lines.

We were excited to see that Viking was going to get into ocean cruising and the ships look beautiful, so we were anxious to give them a try.

We booked a cruise Into The Midnight Sun for June 2017; however, right after booking I began reading about all the start up issues they were having and as a result of these issues and a few more I will list later, we chose to cancel this booking.

The original booking was done on August 11, 2015 and I requested my travel agent to cancel within the first 10 days; however, they dropped the ball and it wasn't canceled until September 16, 2015. Well as of yesterday, Viking never processed my refund. I spoke with a Customer Service Supervisor twice yesterday and I made the case because of their tardy processing of my refund they should waive the $100 pp cancelation charge. The "Supervisör" said they don't have the authority to waive the cancelation charge.

I have asked to be removed from the mailing lists for both Viking River and Viking Ocean cruises, since I no longer want to hear anything about either of these.

Other issues I have with their cruises:

1) They process their credit cards through a non US bank causing you to be concerned about which credit card you use, or you will incur foreign fees.

2) The date final payment is due is not at all like other ocean cruise lines; my final payment was due December 31, 2015 for a June 2017 cruise (this is ridiculous)!

Enough of my rants, and if a "Manager" or someone with authority from Viking wants to discuss any of my issues, they should feel free to contact me.

Dean Stoltz

Dear Mid-Penn-Cruiser,

We regret to hear of your severely delayed refund and disappointment in your recent interaction with our Customer Service team.

Our cancellation policy does remain firm, but the substantial wait time you’ve described is unique and we are interested in discussing this further.

A Viking representative will contact you within the next 24 hours to continue discussion.

We look forward to speaking with you, Dean.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

My wife and I have been and will continue to be very frequent cruisers; I can state rather empathetically we won't ever use Viking again.

First let me say we had a very good experience with Viking River Cruises back in 2007 when we did China and we raved about it many times while doing ocean cruisers on other lines.

We were excited to see that Viking was going to get into ocean cruising and the ships look beautiful, so we were anxious to give them a try.

We booked a cruise Into The Midnight Sun for June 2017; however, right after booking I began reading about all the start up issues they were having and as a result of these issues and a few more I will list later, we chose to cancel this booking.

The original booking was done on August 11, 2015 and I requested my travel agent to cancel within the first 10 days; however, they dropped the ball and it wasn't canceled until September 16, 2015. Well as of yesterday, Viking never processed my refund. I spoke with a Customer Service Supervisor twice yesterday and I made the case because of their tardy processing of my refund they should waive the $100 pp cancelation charge. The "Supervisör" said they don't have the authority to waive the cancelation charge.

I have asked to be removed from the mailing lists for both Viking River and Viking Ocean cruises, since I no longer want to hear anything about either of these.

Other issues I have with their cruises:

1) They process their credit cards through a non US bank causing you to be concerned about which credit card you use, or you will incur foreign fees.

2) The date final payment is due is not at all like other ocean cruise lines; my final payment was due December 31, 2015 for a June 2017 cruise (this is ridiculous)!

Enough of my rants, and if a "Manager" or someone with authority from Viking wants to discuss any of my issues, they should feel free to contact me.

Dean Stoltz

Dear Mid-Penn-Cruiser,

We regret to hear of your severely delayed refund and disappointment in your recent interaction with our Customer Service team.

Our cancellation policy does remain firm, but the substantial wait time you’ve described is unique and we are interested in discussing this further.

A Viking representative will contact you within the next 24 hours to continue discussion.

We look forward to speaking with you, Dean.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Just wanted to close the loop on this issue, I had a very friendly and timely call from Viking Cruises. We had a very good conversation and Valarie addressed my issues in a very understanding way. As a result of our discussion they did not refund the cancellation fee as originally requested; however, she was able to make some other concessions which I considered to be acceptable.

As a result of Valarie's efforts I will again consider Viking Cruises as a potential host for a future cruise vacation.

Dean Stoltz

We also have experienced frustrating service from Viking Ocean Cruises. In late July 2015 we booked the Grand Mediterranean cruise for February 2017. Less than 24 hours after booking Viking announced a major change to the itinerary removing the two ports that were most important in our decision to book the cruise. Our TA had just gone out of town so I called Viking myself and got a complete runaround about the impact on our itinerary. I also wrote to the headquarters and still got no satisfaction.

Since that time the website has shown confusing information about the ports for the Grand Mediterranean cruise. Just a few weeks about I wrote to Viking to again ask what our itinerary will be for 2017 and the response I received was that they would announce the itinerary sometime in 2016. And yet they expect us to pay in full by December 31st of this year for a cruise we still don't know the ports! That's ridiculous.

We also have experienced frustrating service from Viking Ocean Cruises. In late July 2015 we booked the Grand Mediterranean cruise for February 2017. Less than 24 hours after booking Viking announced a major change to the itinerary removing the two ports that were most important in our decision to book the cruise. Our TA had just gone out of town so I called Viking myself and got a complete runaround about the impact on our itinerary. I also wrote to the headquarters and still got no satisfaction.

Since that time the website has shown confusing information about the ports for the Grand Mediterranean cruise. Just a few weeks about I wrote to Viking to again ask what our itinerary will be for 2017 and the response I received was that they would announce the itinerary sometime in 2016. And yet they expect us to pay in full by December 31st of this year for a cruise we still don't know the ports! That's ridiculous.

The other problem you will have is trying to obtain port times. They will not give them out until very close to sailing. This is the only cruise line we have sailed where we experienced this problem. I you need them then you have to go to each port authority separately. They will also change the ports times even if it has nothing to do with weather.

The other problem you will have is trying to obtain port times. They will not give them out until very close to sailing. This is the only cruise line we have sailed where we experienced this problem. I you need them then you have to go to each port authority separately. They will also change the ports times even if it has nothing to do with weather.

I was able to find the tentative itinerary long before the sailing date. I stress tentative because if Viking had said it was set in stone a year in advance I'd have known they were lying. Things happen, then things change. Ports change policies and probably port fees as well. There is probably a bidding process for pier space. There are harbor traffic realities, speed limits, harbor pilots, etc.

Sticking my head in the lion's mouth: Since I'm about to go on a Star cruise, this thread is a real downer. Not so much because of the subject matter, but because of the tone of the criticism. Viking's business model certainly includes a realization that repeat business is essential. Let's not confuse mean spiritedness with simple hiccups in the process or their understandable compliance with the contract we agreed to. Lastly, if Viking can get away with advance payments, that probably means there is a market willing to make the payments. That's capitalism. My cruise has been sold out for months (and I paid for it so long ago I almost feel that it's a free cruise!).

I was able to find the tentative itinerary long before the sailing date. I stress tentative because if Viking had said it was set in stone a year in advance I'd have known they were lying. Things happen, then things change. Ports change policies and probably port fees as well. There is probably a bidding process for pier space. There are harbor traffic realities, speed limits, harbor pilots, etc.

Sticking my head in the lion's mouth: Since I'm about to go on a Star cruise, this thread is a real downer. Not so much because of the subject matter, but because of the tone of the criticism. Viking's business model certainly includes a realization that repeat business is essential. Let's not confuse mean spiritedness with simple hiccups in the process or their understandable compliance with the contract we agreed to. Lastly, if Viking can get away with advance payments, that probably means there is a market willing to make the payments. That's capitalism. My cruise has been sold out for months (and I paid for it so long ago I almost feel that it's a free cruise!).

We were on the July 25th sailing. In January I emailed Viking requesting port times since they were not listed on line or in my invoice. Here is the response I received:

"Nautical schedules are never publicly released as they are subject to changes and adjustments. The detailed day to day itinerary will offer general times for sailing and this is to be used for planning purposes. We recommend you check with the concierge desk aboard if you have specific questions related to the nautical schedule."

I didn't get to see the port times until it was time to sign up for excursions. I have signed up for cruises a year and half before sailing dates with other lines and their port times are listed in the brochure and on line. Viking also provided inaccurate information regarding flights, air deviations and other facts relating to the cruise. Once on the ship it is great. Lovely ship, good food and wonderful service. It was really unfortunate that the cruise was terminated due to engine failure. It was more unfortunate how Viking handled the situation. They could have really shone if they stepped up to the plate and handled the situation better as do other cruise lines. As the saying goes: "When it's good it's very very good and when it's bad it's awful". I just don't trust Viking to do the right thing when something goes wrong.

On the website myvikingjourney, the calendar lists port times on each day. This is a ship subject to tides and weather so times are approximate.