Eating breakfast apart.

Stratheden

My DH swears the oatmeal in the Lido is nicer than the MDR. I wouldn't know as I am not an oatmeal eater. Therefore he likes to have breakfast in the Lido.

I like to sit and eat my breakfast without being disturbed by jumping up and down to go get the next thing I plan to eat.

Has anyone else eaten in a different dining room to their partner? I am more than happy to sit by myself.

I sometimes go to the Lido to enjoy coffee and a danish and let my wife sleep in. I might read the paper or talk to other friends. I then go back to the room and rest while my wife gets up and gets dressed. We then both go to the dining room for our breakfast. Another possibility is to have breakfast brought to the room. The dining room attendant will certainly place you at a two top should you ask but normally they will seat you with others to fill up the tables for breakfast. It is your vacation you should do as you wish.

We are early risers and eat together in the Lido. Most times we are up even before the Lido is up and running so we get coffee and a Danish until the breakfast stations open up. It's really nice before the crowds get there.

We love the Lido with all of the fresh selections of fruit. My DH usually goes for the Omelet station while I go for the fresh eggs & oatmeal.

Sometimes we'll eat breakfast in different dining rooms. It's usually because I like breakfast earlier than DH and enjoy being served. I'll run up to the Lido and bring coffee and a roll to DH first. By lunch we're usually on the same schedule. One of the benefits of a cruise vacation is being able to enjoy the activities you each like (including eating), and then coming together to share your day.

It varies. I'm an early riser, so on sea days, or days where we don't have anything specific on in port, I will typically be out the door earlier, and will eat on my own. If we are both up together then we will eat together, most often in the Pinnacle/MDR (depending on cabin type).

I'm an early riser and DD is a full-fledged nocturnal teen who sleeps til 9 and even sometimes 10. I plan to replace my 6 a.m. dog walk with a brisk walk around the deck, hit any place open with lattes and return to my room for a quiet coffee on the verandah. Hopefully it won't be too breezy! Then I'll do my stairs and return in time to receive room service or wake the princess to get ready for breakfast. So breakfast together, it seems!

We seldom have breakfast together at home, but on holidays we always do, whether on a cruise or other location. We chat about the coming day and our plans, and enjoy one another's company. Holidays for us are a time to be together, and faced with your situation, would probably just alternate between the two dining rooms rather than eat alone.

Edited by Fouremco

I have been known to go to the dining room alone while dh sleeps in. Then after he gets up I will go to the lido with him and keep him company while he eats his breakfast. Sometimes if I'm heading for the pool he will go get his food and join me at the pool. He can sit there and eat.

Funny thing I love oatmeal, but I really don't remember it in the lido. Guess there are to many other choices.

My DH swears the oatmeal in the Lido is nicer than the MDR. I wouldn't know as I am not an oatmeal eater. Therefore he likes to have breakfast in the Lido.

I like to sit and eat my breakfast without being disturbed by jumping up and down to go get the next thing I plan to eat.

Has anyone else eaten in a different dining room to their partner? I am more than happy to sit by myself.

I too like to be waited on for breakfast one course at a time. You can ask to be seated with other people if you'd like company. I love meeting fellow passengers at breakfast time. Been doing this for years since I usually sail solo.:)

DH likes to go up early for coffee, comes back with yogurt and granola for me in the cabin and then he goes up to the Lido on his own for his favored really big breakfast while I get ready.

Except when we have a Neptune suite - then we both often enjoy a Pinnacle breakfast together. We have different rhythms to start the day and love having these options on the ship. I used to get room service breakfast for myself, but this way works a lot better. Then we sometimes wander the Lido breakfast buffet together later in the morning for something extra.

My DH would NEVER want to eat apart. Good thing we agree on the same venues!

The one time I was in bed at dinner time (the worst day of a cold), he went up to the Lido for a burger, came back with a bun and the patty, no toppings, nothing else, no fries. He didn't even think beyond the "burger" part. I figured it was a plus that he got the bun!

Breakfast - always split on sea days, although we both usually eat breakfast on the Lido.

Sea days I am up and about by 6 am, coffee, walk the deck (or use treadmill) and then I am hungry. So I eat around 8 am. Husband likes to sleep in and take his time getting up followed by some sort of exercise. So, he has breakfast closer to 10 am. Without one of us sacrificing what we prefer on vacation, eating together does not work for sea day breakfast. If I do not have anything other to do, I will sit with him while he eats and I have more coffee.

Lunch - together maybe 90% of time, depending on what other activities we are into. Dinner -always together.

Port days we have breakfast together in time to get off the ship for walking around or tours.

I actually love some "alone time" in the early morning - my favorite time of day. Love sitting on the back Lido deck (weather permitting) with a cup of Decaf. watching the sea come to life and be deep in my own thoughts.

Oatmeal is better in the Lido. So is Eggs Benedict. The oatmeal is hot and you can control the amount of sugar, raisins, or whatever in the Lido. I am very picky about my Eggs Benedict so I prefer that in the Lido also. I actually prefer breakfast in the dining room but I never order oatmeal or Eggs Benedict.

Actually I don't think it is that unusual for partners to eat in different venues for breakfast. I need my coffee when I get up so I head for the Lido for coffee, fruit and sweet roll. Then we decide where to eat when we are both up and around. Dining room times are pretty limited for breakfast.

You must be talking about my DH and the oatmeal. We may start out alone at b'fast but end up at some point together.

I'm an early riser and like to walk a few laps, hit Explorers for my tall non- fat latte, quick stop to pick up his puzzles for the day and then I return to cabin, DH is now up and ready. He's out the door, I do a quick clean up and find him with his beloved oatmeal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD