whole30 anyone?

sam73

Thanks for posting about this plan. I want to do it! I'm going to start it today. I have a month until I go to New Orleans for my birthday and I really want to lose weight.

you will be amazed. the first week is tough. they offer so much information on their websight. check pinterest for lots of recipes

i did this back in the winter. felt great, i actually did a whole 60. i lost 24 lbs. i plan on starting a 30 on september 8th, after labor day. anyone want to join?

I'm on day 17 of my second whole 30 now! I did my first one last year and had a lot of success with it. Good luck!

I'm on day 17 of my second whole 30 now! I did my first one last year and had a lot of success with it. Good luck!

Awesome! im so ready to start again. we just have so much going on the next 2 weekends i know i wont stick to it :eek: but day after labor day it is on.

About 4 weeks until I cruise. I know I have 1 day that I won't follow it. Will take it on a day to day week to week basis. It sounds hard, but 30 days goes fast. I actually don't have a full 30 days until travel, but close.

What is whole30?

Here is a link that gives details. I haven't read the book, just following the plan. Definitely not easy, but is appearing effective. I have a BIG sugar addiction, so right now I am finding that my willpower or something is stronger. But energy and mild headaches can occur at first. http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Edited by S&T

• 2 weeks later...
you will be amazed. the first week is tough. they offer so much information on their websight. check pinterest for lots of recipes

Yeah, I got excited and didn't realize that I had to be out of town almost every week this past month so I couldn't do this. I'm going to try for October and combine this with doing an altered 21 day fix. I really need to curb my sugar addiction/dependence and this sounds like it will do it.

Yeah, I got excited and didn't realize that I had to be out of town almost every week this past month so I couldn't do this. I'm going to try for October and combine this with doing an altered 21 day fix. I really need to curb my sugar addiction/dependence and this sounds like it will do it.

i started monday. ive been craving sugar all week but i havent given in.i know the cravings will stop.

E and my husband did this in March. I lost about 10 lbs and felt great. The cravings definitely taper off as the days go on. It is hard but so worth it! I would love to join in but we have a new baby. With lack of sleep and time constraints I feel like I would be setting myself up for failure. Maybe in a few months. Good luck!

• 6 months later...

My husband and I are starting round 2 of a whole30 tomorrow. I've already completed one full round, but it will be his first time. We are cruising in 112 days, so we technically have time for 3 rounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

My sister's been doing this for several months, and the pounds are just falling off of her. She's being very strict with herself, which, of course, is why she's succeeding.

She says it's easy enough at home, but she has a tough time when she goes out -- so much is hidden in foods these days.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter-in-law has been on this plan mainly to help fight her allergies. She noticed right away how much better her skin felt and looked. Her sinuses improved too. She bought the Whole 30 book and the cook book and has tried quite a few of the recipes which were delicious.

But to be honest, the diet hasn't been easy for her to follow and stay on. It is very strict and is hard on other family members who do not want to do the diet for whatever reason. It is also a challenge to go out with friends.

She got off the diet for awhile and her allergies and skin issues returned very soon. The lost weight came back too. Now she is trying the diet again hoping to recover the improved way she felt on her previous attempt at the diet. It does seem harder for her this time, however. The positive results have been slower to come.

The caveat here is that she has done the diet primarily because it promises to clear up allergies caused by certain kinds of food and it did do that on her first cycle of the diet.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im starting October 1st! I currently do WW but I have been having some tummy issues and I think it may be from some type of food (possibly legumes) Im really anxious to start but we have a trip to Pittsburgh at the end of the month and I dont know If I could stay on plan.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are on day 12 of Whole30 since we have about 30 days til our cruise. This is our 3rd or 4th time doing Whole30 in the last 1.5 years and we usually lose about 10 lbs each. It's hard to stick to it, especially when we go out, but we'd love to look and feel better on the cruise!