Liberty of the Seas 5-Night Bermuda 8/22 Review with Pictures

Jonathan; Thank you for this wonderful review; I'm looking forward to more! DH & I cruise on 9/19 with our DD, DSiL and our 15 month old Granddaughter. This will be the first time any of us have been on a Freedom class ship. We love your idea of eating lunch at the Cafe Promenade after boarding. It's on deck 5 port side, but I don't know what deck we'll be on when we board. I want to figure out the quickest (and easiest) way to get to the Cafe with a stroller. Any advice?

Thanks, Lynn

Jonathan; Thank you for this wonderful review; I'm looking forward to more! DH & I cruise on 9/19 with our DD, DSiL and our 15 month old Granddaughter. This will be the first time any of us have been on a Freedom class ship. We love your idea of eating lunch at the Cafe Promenade after boarding. It's on deck 5 port side, but I don't know what deck we'll be on when we board. I want to figure out the quickest (and easiest) way to get to the Cafe with a stroller. Any advice?

Thanks, Lynn

You would normally board on deck 4 and take an elevator to deck 5.

Fantastic writing style!! Are you a writer by profession? Absolutely fabulous job! Thank you for taking your precious time to entertain us!

You have gotten me so excited to cruise Liberty in October!

Lauri

Nice job! Three weeks from today we will be pulling into Bermuda....so, FOLLOWING!

Thank You bhanback, enjoy Liberty she is a terrific ship.

Would you happen to remember the order of the MDR menus for the 5 nights? Trying to plan on which night may be best to miss in the dining room for Portofino or Chops.

The best nights were four and five, lobster tails par excellence on night four.

The Escargots Bourguinonne was offered on several nights and it was really delicious with that tangy garlic butter sauce and plenty of cheese, best mopped up with a piece of that delicious cheese roll.

Thanks, Lynn

My pleasure Lynn. Liberty is really a stunner, big and bold and immaculately cared for. There are tons of interesting and fun pursuits to get involved in throughout the day. Bermuda is a special place, I will be posting information on a wonderful excursion I booked with a private vendor.

As Clarea mentioned you board on Deck 4 but, everyone makes a beeline for the Windjammer. the Royal Promenade was like an abandoned western ghost town, just a smattering of people strolling about, such a pleasure to relax in this quiet cafe and enjoy your first lunch aboard ship.

Fantastic writing style!! Are you a writer by profession? Absolutely fabulous job! Thank you for taking your precious time to entertain us!

You have gotten me so excited to cruise Liberty in October!

Lauri

Thank You very much Lauri. I was a beat writer for several newspapers on Long Island and worked for UPI briefly. I love to write especially about our traveling adventures it brings all the memories back again, even more vividly sometimes than a picture.

I plan on getting the next installment up tonight after work. Thanks so much everyone for your kind comments it inspires me.

Jonathan

Enjoying your review. We will boarding the Liberty on Sept. 24th. I have a question about Sorrento's. Besides pizza, do they serve any other foods? Also, is it open for lunch on boarding day? Or anyone can answer the questions. Thanks!

Gwen :)

Thank You cruzinlady1947. We did not dine at Sorrento's but, they did a brisk business particularly at midnight. Here is a blurb from Cruise Critic listing the menu items at this complementary Liberty restaurant:

Also on the promenade, Sorrento's is the popular 1950s Little Italy-themed pizza spot. Beyond offering four kinds of pizza -- plain, pepperoni and daily specials (like potato and chicken or spinach, chorizo and tomato) -- it also features several antipasti selections, including zucchini frittatas, marinated mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, olives, slices of prosciutto and desserts like biscotti, macaroons, fat-free key lime mousse and fruit cups. With the exception of alcohol that's also sold on the premises, everything is free.

We didn't sample the pizza here, it didn't look like anything special but, who knows looks can be deceiving sometimes.

More please!

On the Liberty in 3 weeks for tge Bermida cruise so really appreciate your review!

I'll have another edition early this evening. Thanks for following and have a great cruise on Liberty, it's easy to do.

Jonathan

Would you happen to remember the order of the MDR menus for the 5 nights? Trying to plan on which night may be best to miss in the dining room for Portofino or Chops.

The menu order for this cruise was:

Mojo

Saffron

Coconut (this one threw me--wasn't what I was expecting from previous reviews with menu orders!)

Jasmine

Pimento

Thanks for the review. Leaving on 10/3!
Me too! Me too! ☺️
Me three!! :p:p:p Looking forward to the next installment!!!

Me... four?

Anyhoo.... great review! Definitely subscribing. Can't wait to read the rest of it!

Thank You cruzinlady1947. We did not dine at Sorrento's but, they did a brisk business particularly at midnight. Here is a blurb from Cruise Critic listing the menu items at this complementary Liberty restaurant:

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. That's the information I was looking for.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Gwen :)

Thanks for the review and pictures.

We got off the ship the day you boarded. We had an outstanding cruise and agree with most of your thoughts. The lobster was better than usual and those zeppoles in the cafe were awesome. Love the Liberty!:)

The menu order for this cruise was:

Mojo

Saffron

Coconut (this one threw me--wasn't what I was expecting from previous reviews with menu orders!)

Jasmine

Pimento

Thank You! I have never heard of the Coconut menu......do you remember what was on it?

Thank You! I have never heard of the Coconut menu......do you remember what was on it?

What were the main entrees on the Coconut menu, if you recall?

I had never heard of it before either, and I had done lots of menu research for this cruise as well as our prior cruise on oasis. Wish I had taken a picture. Brainstormed with hubby:

I got some sort of Pork Loin dish with an apple chutney--it was really good!

Hubby got fish--we think it was Sea bass? He was not overly impressed, but had gotten fish the night before so he said he should have gotten something else

There was a beef dish--did a quick search and the only other mention of the coconut menu that came up mentioned Steak Diane--that sounds familiar.

Unfortunately, I can't remember anything else!

Jonathan, what was the date of your February Anthem cruise? We booked onboard for March 27th but will probably change it.

Marietta

Would love to cruise with you again Marietta, we're sailing on Anthem on February 13, 2016 for 8-nights to the Bahamas. Be like old times with you, me and Dena posting away on the roll call. Keep me posted.

This is my all time favorite review! I cannot wait to cruise on the Liberty 10/3. Thanks for getting me so excited!!!

Wow, thanks for the awesome compliment Melissa, you made my day too. ;)

Hope to have another installment up tonight. You will love Liberty. :D

Me... four?

Anyhoo.... great review! Definitely subscribing. Can't wait to read the rest of it!

Sure, there were Four Musketeers, the more the merrier. Thank You very much.

We will be boarding Oct 17 for the 5 night Bermuda cruise. Looking forward to the rest of your review. Really good so far!

Thank You Nick, Have a great cruise on Liberty!

Thanks for the review and pictures.

We got off the ship the day you boarded. We had an outstanding cruise and agree with most of your thoughts. The lobster was better than usual and those zeppoles in the cafe were awesome. Love the Liberty!

Thank You roe2ship, she's a beautiful ship, sad to see her sail to Galveston, but, excited to the brand new Anthem sailing out of our back yard in a couple of months.

Jonathan

I had never heard of it before either, and I had done lots of menu research for this cruise as well as our prior cruise on oasis. Wish I had taken a picture. Brainstormed with hubby:

I got some sort of Pork Loin dish with an apple chutney--it was really good!

Hubby got fish--we think it was Sea bass? He was not overly impressed, but had gotten fish the night before so he said he should have gotten something else

There was a beef dish--did a quick search and the only other mention of the coconut menu that came up mentioned Steak Diane--that sounds familiar.

Unfortunately, I can't remember anything else!

Was thatcher scallops and spaghetti night also? We remember steak diane