Off the Freedom Yesterday a few notes..

Markmom18

I was wondering what the kids could watch at the pool so thanks. How were the comedy shows and live musicians? We board Sunday. And yes, great the Dogs kicked SC butt!

Uga IX is retiring, long live Uga X. "Damn Good Dog"

Kelly Goodrich is playing in the Schooner Bar. Best in the entire fleet, IMHO.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the 3D movie in the theater. Haven't seen the pool screen line up of movies. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Edited by Tagsalong

My wife told me last night and I've already forgotten. Fast and Furious plus Terminator ring a bell

A couple weeks ago they kept showing Mall Cop 2 by the pool.

Someone had mentioned on an earlier thread how the stores load up the whole promenade to sell their stuff. I agree, it's next to impossible to walk through the place. They also set up by the doors that enter the pool area. The lines block the exit out.

We did have to laugh, they had the same Invicta Watch that my partner bought in the US a few months ago. When they had their BIG sale, we went to check out their price. Theirs was $170, and she paid $70 on land. Than she had to examine our watch to make sure it wasn't a fake....lol. These aren't Rolex's, not sure if anyone is making fake watches that cost $70 to start with.

A couple weeks ago they kept showing Mall Cop 2 by the pool.

Someone had mentioned on an earlier thread how the stores load up the whole promenade to sell their stuff. I agree, it's next to impossible to walk through the place. They also set up by the doors that enter the pool area. The lines block the exit out.

We did have to laugh, they had the same Invicta Watch that my partner bought in the US a few months ago. When they had their BIG sale, we went to check out their price. Theirs was $170, and she paid $70 on land. Than she had to examine our watch to make sure it wasn't a fake....lol. These aren't Rolex's, not sure if anyone is making fake watches that cost $70 to start with.

I think they showed Mall Cop 2 about a dozen times over the seven days.

They really should back off from shamelessly hawking merchandise while clogging up the Promenade with booths & tables. It really cheapens the entire experience for guests. Once or twice would be one thing, but it is pretty much a relentless, all day, every day thing.

I was wondering what the kids could watch at the pool so thanks. How were the comedy shows and live musicians? We board Sunday. And yes, great the Dogs kicked SC butt!

Uga IX is retiring, long live Uga X. "Damn Good Dog"

Kelly Goodrich is playing in the Schooner Bar. Best in the entire fleet, IMHO.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the 3D movie in the theater. Haven't seen the pool screen line up of movies. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Go Dawgs! Still hoping to get the GA/GT game when we're on the Freedom.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who say all similar clubs/programs close during the day, that is not true. The clubs on DCL remain open continuously, as they have a much larger staff.

Sailed Disney Magic in March and there were several times the clubs were closed. They also run almost double of RCI. We're sailing May 2016 with 2 connecting interior rooms for half of what one room on DCL would cost for similar length. Our DS LOVED the DCL clubs so we're hoping RCI can come close, otherwise back to DCL in 2017!

We don't really enjoy the waiters singing and marching around the MDR, but I am sure there are lots of first timers who really get a kick out of it. So, we just wave our napkins along with everyone else!:o

Freedom is our favorite ship, maybe because Port Canaveral is only a 6 hour drive. I am not sure we'll like the Oasis---too big, maybe? We'll really miss Freedom.

And, as always, happy cruising to all!

-------------

Hope to see you on board - we'll be on deck 6, with a decorated door. ;)

Mike & Lisa