Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Is Southampton only going to have Indy in 2017?I was hoping for an Oasis class ship or a Quantum class ship.

Oasis from Southampton - keep dreaming...

As far as it looks like, both Navi and Indy seem to sail from Southampton in 2017.

Ovation and Quantum are surely sailing Asian and/or Australian waters, Anthem shall be based at Cape Liberty.

Oasis from Southampton - keep dreaming...

As far as it looks like, both Navi and Indy seem to sail from Southampton in 2017.

Ovation and Quantum are surely sailing Asian and/or Australian waters, Anthem shall be based at Cape Liberty.

It wouldn't surprise me if Southampton gets Q4 of Q5, seasonally that is.

Only about six more months to wait until I can book my 2018 birthday cruise. The waiting is the hardest part. I don't even know if Voyager will still be in Oz then, let alone doing the same itineraries, so I sit here and wait and wait.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cruzin-K! I'm in the same boat. I want to book my 40th birthday cruise for May 2017 :)

You might have to wait a year longer than I do :eek:, since April seems to be the cutoff month for most itineraries. I guess it depends where you're hoping to go. I know I have another year and a half until I can get my summer 2018 getaway booked.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I could well imagine, that the releasing date of the 2017/18 deployment might be postponed, or at least, released relatively late.

Why? Next to Empress, also Sovereign and Monarch otS are due to return to RCCL until 2017 - I could imagine that new itineraries for those ships need to be planned, and maybe, some deployments will be switched, when they're joining the fleet. :rolleyes:

I could well imagine, that the releasing date of the 2017/18 deployment might be postponed, or at least, released relatively late.

Why? Next to Empress, also Sovereign and Monarch otS are due to return to RCCL until 2017 - I could imagine that new itineraries for those ships need to be planned, and maybe, some deployments will be switched, when they're joining the fleet. :rolleyes:

Has it been announced that Sovereign and Monarch are returning? Where'd you find that info?

Did not realize that had been confirmed yet. Seems like a lot of bother for a short term deployment

Has it been announced that Sovereign and Monarch are returning? Where'd you find that info?

A friend of mine has posted those news in a german-speaking cruise forum, he says, it has not been confirmed for 100%, but he said the source, where he has this information from, is very relaiable.

i have lloked up Royal Caribbean Blog, but there, it is not mentioned.

But for me it makes sense, since Pullmantur has financial difficulties, and is not very succesful.

But for me it makes sense, since Pullmantur has financial difficulties, and is not very succesful.

While it has been made clear that Pullmantur had severe problems with their South and Central American deployments, it is unclear how well CDF is doing in France and Pullmantur in Spain.

I had been told that both their Baltic and Norway seasons had been extremely successful.

I know that RCL had put fleet maritime operations together for all lines and it is true they will be able to more easily transfer ships between lines by doing this.

:

As RCI have variable deployment by region, I do not see deployment as a whole being delayed.

They will continue to deploy each region as they see fit.

Europe with TAs

Canada / New England

Short Caribbean

Caribbean

Alaska

Dubai

South Pacific /Exotics

Asia / China

Where any additional deployments could be handled by ship, just like they did with Ovation or the Quantum world tour.

Intersting, thanks for posting.

So i guess that means Rhapsody will be back in Venice.

Right now the Rhapsody east bound TA April 2017 ends in Rome. I am interested in the cruise following that so we can do a B2B2B2. It would be fun to end up in Venice, but the downside is it would cut down on our Rome sightseeing time. I know, first world problems.

I really enjoy following these threads and all the knowledge so many of you have. How much does the current political situation effect RCI' s planning of Medittereanean cruises? Do you think it will delay announcement of routes if they have to take a wait and see approach?

As RCI have variable deployment by region, I do not see deployment as a whole being delayed.

They will continue to deploy each region as they see fit.

Europe with TAs

Canada / New England

Short Caribbean

Caribbean

Alaska

Dubai

South Pacific /Exotics

Asia / China

Where any additional deployments could be handled by ship, just like they did with Ovation or the Quantum world tour.

Ok, you might be right, the newly created itineraries could just be added later.

Just see the attachment - it is rumored that Empress otS might sail Europa year-round, and there'll be many cruises, including the Norwegian Fjords.

if it's going to be true, she won't be the ship sailing Cuba itineraries. [emoji5]

I actually know the person that runs that page. Not for nothing but i would wait to hear from Royal directly on this.

it's possible she may be home-ported in Europe (or wherever) until a permanent Cuba-Deployment can be announced.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Did not realize that had been confirmed yet. Seems like a lot of bother for a short term deployment

rumors rumors rumors rumors

all spread by that one poster

Could they turn out to be true?

Sure.

Could they turn out to be false?

Very possibly.

:)

The Empress season for Pullmantur had already been booked with cruises in Norway and the Baltic.

When RCL pulled the ship back to RCI in October, all those Norway bookings had been made long ago, along with Horizon for CDF a part of Pullmantur.

The Empress bookings have been pulled on many of the port websites and replaced with bookings for Monarch on the same schedule.

The Empress MED bookings in the Autumn have been replaced by Zenith.

Edited by MADflyer

rumors rumors rumors rumors

all spread by that one poster

Could they turn out to be true?

Sure.

Could they turn out to be false?

Very possibly.

:)

I can start a rumor of my own.

On the Serenade last month, the Food & Beverage Manager (who is a wonderful guy) told me that Empress and possibly Majesty are intended for Cuba.

So there.

LMAO :p:p:p

• 2 weeks later...

While the first new bookings for Empress under the name Empress of the Seas have shown up in Grand Cayman for April, May and June 2016, they have not booked calls there past those dates as of yet for the 2017-18 deployment.

1. Empress of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,005 2,005 Apr 19 2016 7:00AM Apr 19 2016 3:00PM

2. Empress of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,005 2,005 May 17 2016 7:00AM May 17 2016 3:00PM

3. Empress of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 2,005 2,005 Jun 14 2016 7:00AM Jun 14 2016 3:00PM

While Jewel of the Seas enters the MED at Gibraltar on the 3rd of May, 2017, it is still unclear where she will be seasonally ported.

Jewel has now shown up at Riviera Ports for Villefranche and Cannes bookings for the entire summer season for 2017 along with Brilliance, Freedom and Navigator and Indy.

The Jewel calls are every 14 days indicating that she may be doing alternating 7day Eastern/7 day western or some other pattern. Jewel would most likely be based at Rome or Venice as Brilliance and Freedom will be Barcelona based for the season.

While I would like them to have Jewel do 14 day sailings from Lisbon to Venice or something like that, I find that highly unlikely for RCI.