Cruise Critic Community
spinsbabe

Spain Day Tours??

Outstanding tour company.  Great for cruisers.  Always on time. Always do what they say.  Have used them over 10 times in past 5 years.  Complete trust in them.     Walt Angilly 

We just completed a tour with Barcelona Day Tours https://www.spaindaytours.com/barcelona-tours/barcelona-and-montserrat-tour/

Excellent Tour!  The guide was great and the attractions visited was very comprehensive.  I was surprised how many sites we visited in one day.

They also made it very easy by picking up and the cruise port and dropping us off at a local hotel.  I highly recommend this group and will book them again.

We used them late October for our TA ports of call in Carthagena, Malaga and Cadiz......They are great.  No issues.  Prompt, professional, small groups.....paid probably half what the cruise line charges and saw the cruise line buses at many of the same sights doing the same thing.

I can answer any specific questions you have about the ports/tours.

We had a blast.  Incredible ports.

We have used Spain Day Tours several times, most recently in October. We did an excursion from Malaga to Cordoba. Picked up at the port, returned on time, excellent guides, small group, many $$$$ less than the ship’s tour.

Although it’s a long drive to Cordoba, it was well worth it and we weren’t driving. 🙂Fascinating, beautiful. If you have been to Malaga before and are interested in finding something else, look into Cordoba.

We will definitely use Spain Day Tours again.

We used them today....Montserrat/Cava TOUR.  GUIDE spoke excellent English. Small group of 12.  Very good company to deal with. 

We did two tours with SpainDayTours in November. Their communication was excellent. We found them to be reliable and high quality. The guides spoke perfect English and were friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommended. 

We have recently returned from a Transatlantic on the Celebrity Reflection. We were very pleased with our full day tour with Spain Day Tours in Ibiza Spain . Our guide Shana was excellent. She was very knowledgeable about local geography and history. The tour was at a good pace that accommodated everyone's physical needs. Shana's English was excellent.Shana had a good understanding of the American sense of humor. We enjoyed many laughs as we toured the area.   Our driver, transported us in a very safe manner.  Our free time for lunch in Santa Eularia Des Riu was adequate to allow us to have an enjoyable lunch. Shana gave us some recommendations for restaurants for lunch with reasonable prices.  We were back to the ship at the recommended time.

We have taken many Spain Day Tours in the past while visiting Spain. They have always been excellent tours and we highly recommend your company to our travel friends

Spain Day Tour - Malaga to Alhambra

We booked an Alhambra tour with Spain Day Tours.  Prior to our cruise, they explained everything to expect very clearly and how to prepare for the tour.  On the day of the tour they met us promptly at the cruise ship.  The vehicle was modern and clean.  The 1-1/2 hour trip to Alhambra was comfortable with a break-stop at a wonderful store.  The small group tour at Alhambra was very good, and the guide was knowledgeable and informative.  This is our second tour with them.  We look forward to our future visit next year to Malaga and will definitely book another tour with Spain Day Tours.

We have taken over 100 tours during our travels and our Spain Day Tour was one of the best. Our guide was well organized, punctual and a walking encyclopedia. We got to see everything that was outlined in their excursion plus more. Our guide had the perfect demeanor to work with a group of people which made it a very pleasant for all.

Just took a Spain Day Tour to Alhambra.  We couldn’t be happier.  About 30 people were in the large bus, so we had plenty of room.  We were the first bus to leave the dock and were the first to arrive from our ship.  The guide on the bus was excellent as was the guide at Alhambra.  Unlike the shore excursion offered by Viking, this one did not include lunch, but the cost savings was substantial.  They were very responsive to all inquires and their tour description was very detailed and accurate.  I would very highly recommend Spain Day Tours. 

What a great tour day we had to Seville from our Cadiz port.  We left right on time from port for the informative drive to Seville.  The walking tour was easy and very enjoyable.  Loved the stop at the little place serving chocolatte.  Our guides were fantastic.  We left Seville on time and arrived back at the ship with time to spare.  Thanks for a great day in Spain!

We just returned from our November transatlantic cruise on Norwegian Star.   We were docked in Cadiz and booked a tour with Spain Day Tours to Seville.  Our guide, Carmen, was waiting for the group across the street after we exited the ship and told us where our bus was parked.  We traveled to Seville on a large and comfortable tour bus.  The weather could have been better, there were rain showers off and on throughout the day but that didn’t dampen anyone’s spirits.  It was about 1.5 hr. drive to Seville and we did a rest stop at a petrol station (coffee and food items sold here also) along the way.  The tour was well planned and timely but we didn’t feel rushed throughout the tour. 

After we arrived in Seville we were divided into 2 small groups, one group staying with Carmen and the 2nd group going with another tour guide, who was also named Carmen.  My husband and I traveled in the 2nd Carmen’s group.  We were given headsets so we could hear everything Carmen was telling us.  Carmen kept up a running commentary on the walking tour telling us about the various sights along the way.   Again, it was a very pleasant walking tour and no one felt rushed to keep up with the group.  We visited the Plaza de España and Carmen told us the different features within the Plaza - the different types of tiles representing each Spanish province, the lovely Venetian-style bridge.  

We then headed to visit Alcazar where our tickets had been pre-purchased so we only had to go thru security.  What a spectacular place this was, you could imagine what it must have been like living here.  Carmen kept a running commentary from room to room with time to absorb the magnificence of the palace.  Again, we did not feel rushed with our time there.  

Our tour ended with free time to have lunch, shop or visit the Cathedral if you wanted.  There are many cute little shops and restaurants nearby.  We had a designated time and meeting place to meet the guides and board the bus for our trip back to port.  
I personally did not feel it was a difficult tour for anyone that had knee problems or minor walking issues (I have some minor knee issues) and felt very comfortable walking with the group.  There were only a minimum amount of steps in the garden area you had to climb to exit the palace.  I think that wheelchairs would be a bit more challenging.  All in all, it was a wonderful day in Seville and my husband and I enjoyed it very much.  I am happy to recommend Spain Day Tours and would not hesitate to use them again.  They are super easy to communicate with via email and always responded to mine within a day or 2.  They are truly a pleasure to work with, a family owned company that will go out of their way to accommodate each individual request.  You will have no regrets if you book a tour with them.  They are very aware of the time limits for getting back to the port for sailaway so no worries here either.  

You will not go wrong with Top Day Tours, aka, Spain Day Tours!  One of the best for excursions!😎

We used Spain Day Tours last November for several tours during our TA from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale. We did their Ibiza and Cartagena/Murcia tour. The tours were well organized and the guides excellent. We highly recommend this tour company.

We were planning a Med and TA back to back for Oct/Nov 2020.  The cruise has not been cancelled as yet but we have cancelled all of our excursions.  We used Spain Day tours and they have been GREAT!  I am holding out hope that we may yet cruise but the stars will really have to get into alignment!  We have received refunds on all of our excursions and they have been very responsive and professional.  I look forward to being able to use them when we are able to do the Med!