email address for upsell department?

herdingdogmom

I'm closing in on 2 weeks before sailing and would like an opportunity to upsell to a balcony. There are many cabins available on this cruise. On the roll call, a cruiser new to NCL was upgraded at no cost from an oceanview to a mini suite - so I'm thinking they will probably not contact me directly. Please let me know the email address for this department if you have it. Thanks in advance!

Right, I have called the regular booking number and their rates are on the website. I'm looking for the upsell dept. to let them know I'm interested in being contacted for one of their offers. Anyone who has received one of the upsell emails willing to share the email address?

In the past I have called my PCC and upgraded myself from a balcony that I paid for to a suite at that days current advertised price. They do not turn down people who are offering them more money.

If something previously not affordable becomes affordable close to sailing be proactive and upgrade yourself. There is no need to call a special department or wait for them to maybe call you. Just do it. Procrastination is not your friend here.

In the past I have called my PCC and upgraded myself from a balcony that I paid for to a suite at that days current advertised price. They do not turn down people who are offering them more money.

If something previously not affordable becomes affordable close to sailing be proactive and upgrade yourself. There is no need to call a special department or wait for them to maybe call you. Just do it. Procrastination is not your friend here.

Exactly.

The alternative is a bit like saying "hey, I would like to win the lottery. What is the e-mail address for the lottery official who can give me the winning numbers?"

It's funny how people get so worked up when NCL or another cruise line changes prices in something when people already booked and what that to be honored like the DSC at the lower rate. But when the price drops after final payment they want NCL to break your original booking and demand onboard credit and what not from the cruise line and if NCL didn't do what they want they think it's horrible customer service.

Edited by abe3

If you call them, you will get the publically available price. If they call you, you get a good deal. So I guess it's don't call us, we'll call you. From my experience, the call comes less than a week before reservations close. Sometimes the day of.

I have gotten some very good deals when calling myself. And really, what is the alternative? Sit and wait by the phone hoping for lighting to strike while those more proactive than you make the call themselves and end up with the good upgrades and up sells?

In my experience if you want it and the advertised price is acceptable you make that call your self to your PCC or even just the general booking number. I have never, ever, in 16 cruises with NCL, ever received a call offering me anything. I learned that waiting for the call is most likely waiting for nothing but a huge disappointment when I see the cabin in a higher category disappear because someone else now has it.

Sure you can wait for that call and maybe they will offer it for a lesser price than advertised. The most likely scenario is that the call will be made to someone else and you will remain in your original room quietly seething and sulking that someone else got that great deal you wanted but didn't get.

If the difference in price between what you really want and what you already have is acceptable make it yours.