Bottle Liquor Sale Prices on Celebrity

Cruise2End

Does anyone have a recent list of the prices of bottle liquor that you can purchase (bourbon, tequila, gin, vodka, etc.) on Celebrity ships? - particularly Mercury - but I would assume that the prices are pretty much the same across the board for the cruise line. TIA!

In the Baltics, the liquor prices were outstanding. The scotch prices (Johnny Walker Blue Label etc) were the best I have seen anywhere (airport duty free shops, etc). I have not been to the Caribbean, where they may be lower.

Thanks for the above info on the price of bottles. I'm not sure if they'll let you purchase to consume while on ship. We've sailed NCL, Celebrity and Princess - I think one of those lines does alllow it, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one of them that don't. Anyone else know if Celebrity allows you to purchase and consume while on ship???

Based on discussions with other passengers in July, you paid your money, and the booze got put aside until the night before disembarkation.

Now, if you bought the day before, you could carry your bottle with you-- but there wasn't a lot of time to drain it.

If you want a bottle in the cabin, your best bet is probably to pick it up tax-free on your way.

Do they allow you to pay a consumption fee and take the bottle immediately or are they always held for the end of the cruise?
No, perhaps, and probably -- in that order. There are persistent rumors about bringing along the dark blue tote bag from your cabin and leaving with your purchase. Can't say from personal experience.

Last Sept on Connie, per CD, I took navy bag to duty free store. Picked up Grey Goose. The guy stood behind the register as I put the bag at his feet. He rang up the purchase, put the bottle in & put it on my shoulder & out the door to our stateroom we went. Did the same the next night for Bailey for a present for my boxing friend in Ireland.

I plan to do it again in November on Summit & will report back.

No, perhaps, and probably -- in that order. There are persistent rumors about bringing along the dark blue tote bag from your cabin and leaving with your purchase. Can't say from personal experience.

Archived