Got Any Allure Insider Tips and Secrets?

After a hiatus from cruising for several months, She Who Must Be Obeyed has me convinced to try a cruise on the Allure - not so much for the ports of call but to just enjoy the ship. We are D+ and planning a B@B out of Fort Lauderdale this winter. We are low maintenance older adults who enjoy an outside balcony, My Time Dining, and do not do specialty dining or any of the other upsells.;)

For you experienced Allure cruisers, can you offer any insights, tips, or secrets to make our cruise more enjoyable?

Schedule the diving show early in the cruise in case they cancel due to weather. You will have more days to re-schedule that way.

Deck 14, passenger corridor, go all the way forward on the port side to get out on top of the bridge wings. Good sail away place.

Gee, we wrote a whole book about the Allure and Oasis:D! (Sorry, it´s in German).

Book a cabin close to the aft elevators. Less walking as you have direct access to all neighborhoods (Central Park on 8, Boardwalk on 6, Royal Promenade on 5) and the main restaurants (MDR, Windjammer). Limits the walking as it´s only needed for the entertainment (theater) or fitness center (but there you should walk anyway). The new Diamond Club is located at the aft elevators too. Although I highly recommend not to use the elevators at all but get some extra training using the stairs :D.

steamboats

The parades are fun and people watching even better.

When the parades are scheduled in the promenade, go down and get a seat at Sorentos pizza, and of course a drink an pizza.

You will be entertained and have a great view.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

Schedule the diving show early in the cruise in case they cancel due to weather. You will have more days to re-schedule that way.

Deck 14, passenger corridor, go all the way forward on the port side to get out on top of the bridge wings. Good sail away place.

Isn't the Aqua show typically only offered on day 1, 2 or 3 anyways (i.e. start of the cruise)? How often does this happen?

Great post as we newbies can always get advice from past cruisers.

Edited by LuCruise

does this apply to the Oasis as well ?

I find it SO funny that you started this post by describing your hiatus from cruising in months!

Hmmm, never really thought about it, but describing it as years would be inaccurate. Sometimes our down-time from cruising stretches as long as 8-12 months. All I can add is "retired and spending the kids' inheritance" :D

Hmmm, never really thought about it, but describing it as years would be inaccurate. Sometimes our down-time from cruising stretches as long as 8-12 months. All I can add is "retired and spending the kids' inheritance" :D

Good for you!!

I just started cruising and did 4 in six months. Now I guess, I'm on "hiatus" until February (translates to getting up at 5:30am to go to work every day).

Edited by denatravels

My DH and I have been on both the Oasis and the Allure and this class of ship has quickly become our personal favorite. The reason is primarily Central Park. What an amazing concept to put a park in the middle of the ocean. We enjoy Park Café for morning coffee or lunch. for those tasty roast beef sandwiches and their made to order salads. But we really enjoy it in the evenings. It is a wonderful venue for a glass of wine at the Trellis Bar and every night there is some type of musical entertainment. Whether it is a string quartet or an electric piano, something easy on the ears relaxing under the stars. What ever you choose to do you will enjoy it.

You can download the .pdf versions of the deck plans from RCL's website. We transferred them to our phones so that we could look at the decks while the phones were in "airplane mode." There are virtual maps around the ship - but they're usually only by the elevators. We had studied and studied them and we were still lost a few times. The maps helped. It's a BIG ship -so - explore and enjoy!

Also - keep and eye and ear out on your roll call. We ended up going to some "secret" parties on Allure that were a lot of fun! Our favorite was the "speakeasy" party. We came in costume, gave a special password at the door and were taken through the back halls to one of the bars (that's usually open to the public) and heard some great live swing music with all sorts of characters.

It's a

We just booked a b2b for Allure & are D+. The first week we will eat early, table for 6 and go to some specialties compliments of TA & guests of Grand Suite passengers. We made lots of reservations and will see all of the shows. Second week we will spend more time at the pool, beach, & in the DL and eat late in MTD table for two for quicker service. We were on Oasis deck 8 last year and booked it again for Allure. We can stop by the bar on deck 8 to pick up cokes or water during happy hour to bring back to the room with the 3 drinks loaded on our sea pass. We stroll through central park every time we go to an activity and it never feels like we are doing a ton of walking. So much nicer than walking down a hall of cabins. There are cruise planners for the week in guest services that I put on the cabin wall with a magnet along with our reservation itinerary, invitations, and the letter that lists our perks.

Free breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Avoid Windjammer during breakfast and lunch. Other options are Park Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Vitality Cafe.

Is the breakfast at Johnny Rockets free for Diamond members too? We were on the Allure last year and it was not free.